• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squalor

Actstriker right now:

john-goodman.gif
ExplodingHead.GIF

JABEE

The Super Bowl was played in Carolina last night. I appreciate Actstriker not making a Super Bowl thread this year. The season is over.

Congrats Panthers-GAF!
sQBqr7o.jpg

Spinluck

You would think that but Andre still hasnt won a game at Indy between the Texans and Colts

Know whats really annoying? Kubiak was supposedly the one who blocked Manning to Houston when he was released.....

Well I'm going to start off by saying I hope you guys don't take Elliot.

Amazing ESPN stat on AJ, but he will likely be released with more wins in Indy than the Texans.

That is pretty crazy, I wonder why. There are quite a few similarities between the Broncos and those Texans teams. They have generational talent in both Miller and Watt (that Denver front seems really stacked atm though), and HOU had some stellar backs in Foster and Tate. AJ was still NFL level back then and I don't think they drafted Hopkins that year but it would've been great to see him develop catching passes from the Sheriff, especially now that we know that it was indeed PeyPey who elevated DT's soft ass those first few years. Maybe it is a pride thing, I remember fans saying they didn't need the Colts trash or leftovers to beat us or win the division. That is kind of a dumb way to think of you're a fan imo, but whatever, what's done is done. Maybe you guys will get a shot at Luck when we can't afford to pay him in a few years.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas where do you keep getting 11 draft picks from?

We're getting compensatory picks for both Suh and Fairley. Not exactly sure how the NFL came up with those rules but I've read it multiple places when Bob Quinn was hired (even before actually)

The Detroit Lions are expected to net at least two compensatory selections next year after losing defensive tackles Ndamukong Suh and Nick Fairley in free agency.

It's likely Suh's departure will earn Detroit an extra third-round choice, while Fairley could bring back a fifth- or sixth-rounder.

In addition to whatever compensatory selections the Lions are awarded, the team currently holds nine other picks in the draft. The team traded away it's third-rounder to move up and snag defensive tackle Gabe Wright in the fourth round this year, but picked up an extra fifth-, sixth- and seventh-round choice in other deals.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/11/report_nfl_teams_will_be_able.html

I'm still not sure how this compensatory draft system works and/how it was implemented, but this draft will be the first where teams can trade those picks.

Rumor has it McCarthy wants Robot Ted to go after some FAs in future years. My speculation is that this is due to:

1. The o-line (lack of depth)
2. TE (lack of... anything)
3. The ILB situation.

Or in short, recurring problems we haven't been able to address in the draft the past few years.

Past those, I want us to find a couple more Cobb/Montgomery type dudes in the draft and bring back dual back sets where the power back (Lacy, Starks, etc) can block for the speed WR/back. Finally give us the ability to blend the run and pass personnel groups more convincingly. Also, free up Cobb to not have to play that role except in emergencies, because I don't want him to die.

E: Also also, cut all the traditional fullbacks and fire Kuhn into the sun

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Rumor has it McCarthy wants Robot Ted to go after some FAs in future years. My speculation is that this is due to:

1. The o-line (lack of depth)
2. TE (lack of... anything)
3. The ILB situation.

Past those, I want us to find a couple more Cobb/Montgomery type dudes in the draft and bring back dual back sets where the power back (Lacy, Starks, etc) can block for the speed WR/back. Finally give us the ability to blend the run and pass personnel groups more convincingly. Also, free up Cobb to not have to play that role except in emergencies, because I don't want him to die.

Is there anything all that available out there in those positions? I feel like everyone is hurting in all of those same areas.

Beach

I cant wait for the Slurs to fuck up this Kirk Cousins deal. No matter what they do, it will be wrong.
What's your definition of wrong?
I'm expecting around 5 years $75 million-85 million. Tannehill set the price range for mid tier QBs

Is there anything all that available out there in those positions? I feel like everyone is hurting in all of those same areas.
TE is tough, I feel like everybody is hurting there.

O-line and ILB woes have been pretty embarrassing. ILB especially, consider who we went into the season with there. (still don't mind Clay being inside, personally, keeps him clean)

minx

I will be glad to see Tillman get a ring even though he is on IR. Jared Allen also owes Price big time.

JABEE

you motherfucker

The people have been asking for this thread for weeks. Where were you when I was in need, DM?

Where were you when I was struggling to survive after Chip Kelly was fired and Doug Pederson was hired?

BG gave us a home. A place for us losers to congregate and wallow in our misery.

We called for you, DM. We relied on you, and you let us down.

Fathead

What's your definition of wrong?
I'm expecting around 5 years $75 million-85 million. Tannehill set the price range for mid tier QBs

Cousins is gonna ask for Flacco money and will walk if he doesn't get it, or he will settle for a franchise tag.

But no matter what happens, it will be wrong. If he signs, it will be for too much money and he will suck again. If he leaves, he'll haunt the Slurs for a decade.

MechDX

Bears with $52,612,541 in cap space. GO BEARS!
70% of the league's teams have great cap space or can get there with minimal cuts. Free agency is going to be a letdown. No big names will hit it and lots of mediocre players are going to get paid money they don't deserve

Line_HTX

Clete Blakeman, the ref who reflipped the coin in the GB/ARZ OT, will be the referee of Super Bowl 50.

According to Mike Pereira, he's a lawyer out of Omaha, Nebraska!

Tamanon

Banned
It feels so good to have a home again.

I'm back where I belong, yeah I never felt so strong
I feel like there's nothing that I can't try
And if you with me put your hands high

Aye yo DM, if you got problem with my reign.....maybe your team should play shittier next season. Loser
*snickers, goes to bed.

Tabris

Today was an awesome day. My team is going to the Super Bowl and I just accepted an offer on my house (after a bidding war) which is way above my original list price with no subjects and a close date in a week.

Going to upgrade once I'm back from Asia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom