• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

B/R warning, but it is a column, not a slideshow -- Mike Tanier on NFL QB Free Agency

My favorite scenario

The Splurge Scenario

Things get interesting if one team gets carried away and offers one of our quarterbacks Dalton money—or Russell Wilson money or beyond. The most likely suspect in this scenario is the Redskins: Dan Snyder's wallet comes equipped with its own canon, the organization and city are cuckoo for Cousins right now, and (unlike the Broncos) the Redskins have money to spend.

Washington could price the Broncos out of the Osweiler market by signing Cousins to some kind of $95 million gut-buster. That would open the door for a team with more cap space to swoop in and nab Osweiler. Let's say the Rams do exactly that.

Robbed of a quarterback to help them repeat in 2016 (and still eager to part ways with Manning), the Broncos would have to look to Bradford or Fitzpatrick—either of whom could lead that defense to the playoffs—while drafting for the future. The Eagles and/or Jets would rummage for Josh McCown types. Perhaps the Eagles would trade to bring back Foles or tag Bradford to keep him out of the chain reaction. Washington would drive away whistling like the careless driver who caused the six-car pileup.

This is a fun scenario to contemplate, but it's risky for all of the teams involved. That includes the Redskins; overpaying for quarterbacks never works for them. This scenario explains just how high the stakes of our poker game are: Some agent will come away from the market with a splashy new deal, but general managers don't want that first deal to be too splashy.

e:

According to the MGM Grand’s futures sheet, here are the current odds, by division, for each team to win next season’s Super Bowl:

AFC East — Patriots 8-1, Jets 20-1, Bills 25-1, Dolphins 60-1.

AFC North — Steelers 10-1, Bengals 10-1, Ravens 25-1, Browns 150-1.

AFC South — Colts 15-1, Texans 20-1, Jaguars 75-1, Titans 100-1.

AFC West — Broncos 10-1, Chiefs 12-1, Raiders 30-1, Chargers 75-1.

NFC East — Cowboys 15-1, Giants 22-1, Redskins 22-1, Eagles 25-1.

NFC North — Packers 12-1, Vikings 15-1, Bears 60-1, Lions 60-1.

NFC South — Panthers 8-1, Falcons 30-1, Saints 40-1, Buccaneers 40-1.

NFC West — Seahawks 8-1, Cardinals 15-1, Rams 30-1, 49ers 75-1.

Greg

I know an El Bubble when I see it

rG4FrKp.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
I wonder how many people in the nfl use tobacco ever been a study. I assume people like Jared Allen dips but i wonder how many smokers there are.

bionic77

You know who would never be caught smoking pot?

Tom Brady
The Pats are rarely caught in any of the shit that they do.

But don't worry. When it happens Bill Simmons and all of the other douchers that follow the Pats will have plenty of excuses prepared for them!

MechDX

Seriously, think about every NFL QB and the only one I could never imagine smoking weed is Brady.

Peyton would use it claiming it helps his arthritis

MechDX

Pot or cigar, non story to me either way. Not like he's snorting lines of coke in the bathroom.

Some of you may not believe but I can agree with this.

My issue is, once again, you are a young QB in the NFL where that shit is illegal. Why are you sparking up in a damn club where every moron has a phone? Go the club have fun then go home and light up with your friends on a solid gold bong for all I care.

Why do they do this shit in a public place where everyone recognizes them?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Pot or cigar, non story to me either way. Not like he's snorting lines of coke in the bathroom.

Honestly, even if it was Tom Brady and Scott Norwood toking up together, I'd not give a shit. These dudes get physically wrecked so we can talk shit with our dead-inside coworkers. Let them toke up. If you give a fuck, check your calendar because you accidentally time traveled from 1954. Keep an eye on a guy named Lee Harvey Oswald. He's bad news, daddy-o.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Let the man find peace, WW

I reflexively punched my screen just now. Never surrender, never forget. Never forgive.

Norwood is the hero Buffalo deserves.

Fuck the bills.

I don't know why you care so much. It's not like the Texans and the Bills have any history. No, that history belongs to your superiors. Better start winning some games, hombre, or you'll be without a team again. Unless you move to London.

MechDX

I reflexively punched my screen just now. Never surrender, never forget. Never forgive.

I don't know why you care so much. It's not like the Texans and the Bills have any history. No, that history belongs to your superiors. Better start winning some games, hombre, or you'll be without a team again. Unless you move to London.

That game molded me into the jaded , angry fuck I am today. I can never forgive or forget.

bionic77

Fried chicken leftovers.

I think I going to start an emulation project with a raspberry PI soon. When my kids start to game it would be cool if I could start them on the SNES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom