• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Ugh.

This is a horrible start to the week.

Hopefully it is better than the DS game, which was not great. I still liked it anyways because I am a huge FE slut.

:(

bionic77

:lol I think I spent like almost $270 to play this game between buying both copies and a new 3DS.

Who the fuck was telling me the other week that this was the best FE yet?

:lol I think I spent like almost $270 to play this game between buying both copies and a new 3DS.

Who the fuck was telling me the other week that this was the best FE yet?

4097617-7393223004-36234.gif

Struggled through the fifth chapter. Wow, two full battles in one chapter! It's almost like they remembered this is supposed to be a video game.

95 minutes in...still basically a fucktarded pedonime
First 6 Chapters are really story heavy but after that it's typical FE. It's anime as hell but FE always has been. Not sure what's pedo about any of it so far.

I'm up to Chapter 10 in Birthright, absolutely loving it so far. The tweaks to pair-up are brilliant to the point where I don't think I can go back to Awakening.

eznark

Banned
First 6 Chapters are really story heavy but after that it's typical FE. It's anime as hell but FE always has been. Not sure what's pedo about any of it so far.

I'm up to Chapter 10 in Birthright, absolutely loving it so far. The tweaks to pair-up are brilliant to the point where I don't think I can go back to Awakening.

The sky is blue, not sure why you think the sky is blue.

I powered through chapter 6, though I disconnected from the internet and lined by house in foil so that the authorities wouldn't put me on the pedo list, and now I am at my castle. With a menu that says "Next Battle."

Oh my god I think I have finally gotten to a video game!!

I powered through chapter 6, though I disconnected from the internet and lined by house in foil so that the authorities wouldn't put me on the pedo list, and now I am at my castle. With a menu that says "Next Battle."

Maybe jerk off to the anime less and actually play to make it go quicker, pervert. Playing anime videogames in your dark basement at 6 in the morning is not a good look, friend.

But the sky is blue (most of the time). Seriously though I don't recall seeing anything remotely suggestive in that way.

I agree that it takes a little while for the game to really get going but it does, trust me.

MRSA

Banned
Cofy

ez just going against the grain of the greatness of FE, I mean the game doesn't even start until chapter 6 right?

I should be getting my copy today, still gonna put it up for sale.

eznark

Banned
I would have paid extra for the video game that let's you play a video game,right,away instead of watching garbage for two hours.

But the sky is blue (most of the time). Seriously though I don't recall seeing anything remotely suggestive in that way.

I agree that it takes a little while for the game to really get going but it does, trust me.

Unfortunately Nintendo hasn't discovered the technology to allow for cutscene skipping.

bionic77

Guys I have it on in the background but watch the documentary Vernon Florida on Netflix.

It is a fascinating documentary about Gata's people.

It explains a lot...

eznark

Banned
That reminds me. Go pay money to watch Trasher's movie Jane Got a Gun. It's not as bad as everyone says. And Trasher is super poor and needs your help to buy new golf clubs.

bionic77

Any of you losers ever set up an emulation box with a raspberry pi 2?

It seems like a cool project. Thinking of getting some BT SNES controllers. Hope that I could also use the PS4 on it as well.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
SF 2 Vega(Claw) stage music please

Wouldn't be surprised if it's in a medley at least.

Okami/Okamiden please

Sounds like that's in:

https://www.facebook.com/VGOOnline/posts/10153885716525761

At this time, a list of franchises whose music will be present in the live show is as follows:
● Ace Attorney®
● Breath of Fire®
● Devil May Cry®
● Dragon’s Dogma®
● Final Fight™
● Ghosts ‘n Goblins™ / Ghouls ‘n Ghosts®
● Mega Man® (including Mega Man® X)
● Monster Hunter™
● Okami®
● Resident Evil®
● Street Fighter®
● And more!...

brentech

I watched the FE trailer and just kind of deduced that it was not going to be for me. Then again, I thought the same about P4G trailers and really enjoyed the game, it just took me 6 months to finish as I would go a solid month or two without playing it.
Any of you losers ever set up an emulation box with a raspberry pi 2?

It seems like a cool project. Thinking of getting some BT SNES controllers. Hope that I could also use the PS4 on it as well.

Yep. Pi 2 Model B. You gotta read some setup on it, but other than those 3 steps or so, it's easy to start right up and get going.

BigAT

I'm gonna take a Jon GAF break. Bye friends and animus.

Dutch sent me a PM shortly before he got banned saying that Tom Brady was an overrated system quarterback in addition to being a filthy cheater and that he regretted ever defending him. Wow, strong words, but that's what Dutch said. I'm glad he apologized before he left.

Dutch sent me a PM shortly before he got banned saying that Tom Brady was an overrated system quarterback in addition to being a filthy cheater and that he regretted ever defending him. Wow, strong words, but that's what Dutch said. I'm glad he apologized before he left.

Dutch boy was always one of the good ones.

bionic77

What controllers did you guys use for the Pi?

I was thinking of the BT SNES controller.

I think I am going to order one tonight and steal a usb keyboard from work to set it up.

Draxal

So far they've turned it into trash my friend. I was planning to pick Conquest at first, but the first six chapters are so incredibly awful that I went with birthright because even a pittance of another $40 seemed like a waste.

Eh, the story's pretty bad (but you really haven't experience the bad part yet, conquest is really wtf is going on).

It's basically setting up the plot between where you choose team japan vs team evil empire, once it gets past that the narrative basically disappears for a bit.

The gameplay is one of the strongest in the series with how the new pair up systems works and how the AI is improved.

You'll love it! Mechanics and map design are top notch. The formula is as addictive as ever.

The one plus of the new narrative in the 3ds game is that its really easy to start spam through them and realize you're not missing anything.

eznark

Banned
Eh, the story's pretty bad (but you really haven't experience the bad part yet, conquest is really wtf is going).

It's basically setting up the plot between where you choose team japan vs team evil empire, once it gets past that the narrative basically disappears for a bit.

The gameplay is one of the strongest in the series with how the new pair up systems works and how the AI is improved.

The one plus of the new narrative in the 3ds game is that its really easy to start spam through them and realize you're not missing anything.

Considering the sides are unequivocally binary, there was no reason to force me to sit through 90 minutes and 6 chapters of horseshit to make that choice.

Do you want to choose this nice looking white clad 16 year old who is supposed to be your mom an who governs an ostensibly peaceful nation or do you want to choose this screaming, green monster who could possibly be your dad and who executes helpless prisoners in his conquest? You learn literally nothing else about the choices, and it takes them 2 hours to tell you that. It's abysmal.

Draxal

what happened to Dutch?

He pulled a Milchjon (requested a selfban).

Considering the sides are unequivocally binary, there was no reason to force me to sit through 90 minutes and 6 chapters of horseshit to make that choice.

Do you want to choose this nice looking white clad 16 year old who is supposed to be your mom an who governs an ostensibly peaceful nation or do you want to choose this screaming, green monster who could possibly be your dad and who executes helpless prisoners in his conquest? You learn literally nothing else about the choices, and it takes them 2 hours to tell you that. It's abysmal.

It really doesn't make sense to choose the evil empire, and the story suffers for it; but the gameplay there is great. Once you get past chapter 5, you never have to play through that part again as it allows you to create new characters starting from Chapter 6.

Eh, the story's pretty bad (but you really haven't experience the bad part yet, conquest is really wtf is going on).

Yeah, I never come to FE games for narrative but I don't find it offensively bad in Fates so far. It's just kind of there. I do enjoy the support conversations and characters in general quite a bit, though.

I am in love with what they did to pair-up. Such smart tweaks that undeniably improve the strategic nature of the game. I'm also happy to hear that breaking the game with second seals seems to be out, although that's really just the FE purist in me talking.

I can't wait to play more...

eznark

Banned
It really doesn't make sense to choose the evil empire, and the story suffers for it; but the gameplay there is great. Once you get past chapter 5, you never have to play through that part again as it allows you to create new characters starting from Chapter 6.

Right, which is why they should have condensed all of that into about 20 minutes. They would have literally lost nothing.

Draxal

Right, which is why they should have condensed all of that into about 20 minutes. They would have literally lost nothing.

Are you not hitting start for every cutscene? It skips them, you do have to mash them as it leads into another scene that needs to be skipped, but you won't have to live through every cutscene (and I was spamming start in the prologue so I don't know how long the cutscenes/diagloue were).

Slo

I keep hearing from friends that their taxes turned out much worse this year than previous years. I'm not excited to get mine done.

I keep hearing from friends that their taxes turned out much worse this year than previous years. I'm not excited to get mine done.

Weird my wife and I were surprised that we got way more back then we expected this year.

Did anyone hear the esports segment on tiki and tireny this morning? Man that was weird to hear on a show like that.

According to the federal government, I made too much money this past year so I had to be punished. My return ended being about 40% of what it was last year thanks to the fact that I couldn't claim some of the tax credits I had in the past (child credit, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom