• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

There's plenty of talent available in the later rounds. I just don't know what to do at 13. Trade back a few spaces to recoup a second? If that's the case I'd probably go Conklin or Stanley with that pick to shore up the O Line immediately. But there's so much D Line talent that's available that I'm not sure the Eagles should pass it up. Our D Line is already set to be pretty stacked with Curry, Cox, Logan and Graham, with Barwin rotating in. But if we got someone like Nkemdiche or A'shawn Robinson to rotate in with them? That would really help Schwartz establish the defense as a force. So I could see goin D Line in the first instead. And bulking up the defense will have a much greater immediate impact than building our O Line.

So it all hinges on Bradford and what the long term plans are at QB, but I think the Eagles should take the best player available at 13 regardless of position.

If that happens to be DL then so be it. Trading down and still getting a top OL or DL prospect in the first round would be ideal. Pick up a 2nd and with (2) 3rd round picks they can really infuse some good young talent on the team. My concern is that Howie will be picking but maybe he can hit on at least 1 of these picks.

I also wouldn't be against them taking a look at Mario Williams on the cheap if/when he gets cut by the Bills. He was a beast with the Bills.

Sad to see Ryans get cut. Dude was a class act but hasn't been able to stay healthy. Wish him the best. Hicks better remain healthy now - he really was showing promise. Lots of IFs about health but I still like this LB corp overall with Hicks, Kendricks, and Kiko.

I'd rather have Trump than Cruz.

I can't believe Trump is gonna get the nod.

Why cant you believe that? Have you not seen the rest of the republican field? They are all horrible. Trump at least tells the extreme right wing nut jobs what they want to hear. People like Cruz, Rubio or Jeb dont. They are 100% corporate shills, and people are getting to be sick of that. Even before all this started tons of sites were predicting Trump would win the nom, I am not sure why you are surprised by this.

Hindl

So it all hinges on Bradford and what the long term plans are at QB, but I think the Eagles should take the best player available at 13 regardless of position.

If that happens to be DL then so be it. Trading down and still getting a top OL or DL prospect in the first round would be ideal. Pick up a 2nd and with (2) 3rd round picks they can really infuse some good young talent on the team. My concern is that Howie will be picking but maybe he can hit on at least 1 of these picks.

I also wouldn't be against them taking a look at Mario Williams on the cheap if/when he gets cut by the Bills. He was a beast with the Bills.

Sad to see Ryans get cut. Dude was a class act but hasn't been able to stay healthy. Wish him the best. Hicks better remain healthy now - he really was showing promise. Lots of IFs about health but I still like this LB corp overall with Hicks, Kendricks, and Kiko.

Oh yeah I agree about BPA and possibly trading back. I'm just saying that given our position the BPA will almost certainly be a DL in the first round. Overall I'll be okay with a lot of positions, but there's some massive DL potential in this draft.

As for Mario Williams, I'm not sure. I don't think he's to blame for his down year, Rex's scheme doesn't really benefit him. But if we bring him in, he's competing with Barwin, Curry, and Graham all getting starting money. Would you trade Barwin and have Williams fill his place in the rotation? I think I might rather just keep Barwin even though he'll cost more.

Who would even want to see that movie that many times? It looks terrible

Line_HTX

Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant 29m29 minutes ago

Rick Smith says he met with Arian Foster a few weeks ago. Thought he had his best offseason last year and expect the same this year. #Texans

I thought they were going to release Arian???

squicken

-Pederson's comments on Bradford were pretty telling, but I think he erred in the "if he wants to be an Eagle he will be." You can say that about every player offered a low ball contract extension. On the flip side, a player can always say "if they wanted me to stay they could have beat every offer". But I don't think that is what it will come to. Seems like both parties want to continue

-I think what mech and other Texans fans liked about that column is that it's a call to end the bridge/stop gap solutions at QB. Fitz and Hoyer were never expected to be the the QB five years down the line. What the fans want is for BoB and Rick and Cal and Bob to commit to a long term solution and invest some organizational capital into acquiring him

Ozzie is a Bama guy, and I'm sure this carries no monetary risk

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Kuhn has already been replaced

2015CAMP_8521.JPG

Well when his career in football is done, at least he's already half way to opening up his own microbrewery with that haircut and beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom