• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Streaming some of the REAL MaddenGAF league, Steelers/Ravens:

twitch.tv/bigehtee
I just checked it out because you said Steelers and I have to say Madden looks pretty awesome.

Considering I own the game I should really take the time to play it one day...

Rorschach

I just checked it out because you said Steelers and I have to say Madden looks pretty awesome.

Considering I own the game I should really take the time to play it one day...

I should probably play it too... bought it this year and last, but haven't played either. -_-

bionic77

You actually only want one copy of the game, and get the other version as dlc as there's a bonus for that.
Thats what I did.

Floyd you can never truly leave Ohio behind. It resides in your bones.

Changing gears, we need to nuke Australia until it glows after reading that story about the toddler waking up to a python trying to eat him alive. Fuck that place!

Narag

@Deadspin
Records: Jason Pierre-Paul sues Adam Schefter and ESPN for tweeting his medical records

guess that's one way to cash in

Spinluck

I'm still on Season 1 of the X-Files and it's a pretty good show so far. Got like 4 episodes left till I start Season 2, how is the new one that just came out?

bionic77

@Deadspin
Records: Jason Pierre-Paul sues Adam Schefter and ESPN for tweeting his medical records

guess that's one way to cash in
I am guessing he is suing the hospital too for giving them up?

If the hospital gave up his records that is a big no no...

Fox318

he got it from a leak.

Schefter did nothing wrong as hippa laws don't impact journalists.

Also Schefter reported it at the time as ESPN sources and did not implicate himself.

If anything JPP should be suing ESPN but irregardless he won't win.

MechDX

Schefter's a scumbag for tweeting it and honestly ESPN should fire him if they had any standards, but shouldn't he be suing the hospital?

Disney/ESPN fall into HIPPA laws as well so if they had the records and tweeted them wouldn't they be in violation as well?

Bionic?

Disney/ESPN fall into HIPPA laws as well so if they had the records and tweeted them wouldn't they be in violation as well?

Bionic?

I don't think so. I think that only applies to people who work with confidential information and who sign HIPPA agreements, not journalists.

bionic77

Bionic?
I don't know and I am not going to look it up.

I assume the liability only falls to the party holding the records.

Hospital is probably mega fucked if he didn't consent to it.

bionic77

I bet you'd look it up for like $400 an hour, you crook!
Can't give it away for free.

Honestly I am not working tonight. Not even for my bros.

You really don't need to be a lawyer to figure this shit out though. You just need to be able to read at a 5th grade level or higher. So most of you should be able to figure it out for yourselves if you were so inclined.

Fox318

Honestly as long as the hospital is able to prove that they followed hippa regulations with regards to protection of information and education of employees that might not even be liable.

I remember hearing a story about a state and company going after an employee for medicare fraud because the employee was improperly clocking in and out. While any other job that would simply be a fireable offense because the company was funded in part by medicade the company went after him.

Although that could have been in part to fight his unemployment claim.

I mean no government regulations could prevent somebody remembering details and texting it.

The hospital in question could have required all employees to lock their phones away and use reflective surfaces on monitors but there is only so much a company can do.

MechDX

I don't think so. I think that only applies to people who work with confidential information and who sign HIPPA agreements, not journalists.

As a member of retail management if I give out someone's health records that my company keeps on file I have broken HIPPA laws.

The question is that is ESPN guilty of giving out the information even though it isn't one of their employees

Can't give it away for free.

Honestly I am not working tonight. Not even for my bros.

You really don't need to be a lawyer to figure this shit out though. You just need to be able to read at a 5th grade level or higher. So most of you should be able to figure it out for yourselves if you were so inclined.

5th grade level is pretty high bruh.

As a member of retail management if I give out someone's health records that my company keeps on file I have broken HIPPA laws.

The question is that is ESPN guilty of giving out the information even though it isn't one of their employees

In this scenario though you aren't Schefter. Schefter is the guy you gave the records to.

bionic77

Honestly as long as the hospital is able to prove that they followed hippa regulations with regards to protection of information and education of employees that might not even be liable.

I remember hearing a story about a state and company going after an employee for medicare fraud because the employee was improperly clocking in and out. While any other job that would simply be a fireable offense because the company was funded in part by medicade the company went after him.

I mean no government regulations could prevent somebody remembering details and texting it.

The hospital in question could have required all employees to lock their phones away and use reflective surfaces on monitors but there is only so much a company can do.
That's not how it works.

Unless JPP consented to the release of his records whoever leaked that shit is in trouble. The hospital would be almost definitely be liable for its employees.

As I understand it they don't fuck around with this shit.

That's not how it works.

Unless JPP consented to the release of his records whoever leaked that shit is in trouble. The hospital would be almost definitely be liable for its employees.

As I understand it they don't fuck around with this shit.

Yup, Remember when MRSA stated that even he isn't that big of a degenerate to fuck with this.

zero chance of regular season title starting 1-4 in conference play and a mid-season coaching change. It's unbelievable they'll make the tournament.

I thought it was down to Badgers, Buckeyes, Sparty, and Iowa for some reason.

But still impressive that they do make the tournament after basically losing everything.

ampere

The hospital did get in trouble and he already got a settlement from them

RBH

Regardless of the technicalities of HIPAA in regards to journalists, I'm perfectly fine with Adam Schefter getting some repercussions for the shit he pulled. He got let off way too easy.

bionic77

Regardless of the technicalities of HIPAA in regards to journalists, I'm perfectly fine with Adam Schefter getting some repercussions for the shit he pulled. He got let off way too easy.
Agreed.

But people don't give a shit. Fuck 37% of Trump supporters think ending slavery was a bad idea or can't make up their minds about it. This country is filled with dumb assholes. Most don't care about the right thing. They just want a cheap story like Schefter and the rest of the clowns.

Agreed.

But people don't give a shit. Fuck 37% of Trump supporters think ending slavery was a bad idea or can't make up their minds about it. This country is filled with dumb assholes. Most don't care about the right thing. They just want a cheap story like Schefter and the rest of the clowns.

I thought it was 30%. Not that is much better..

And 70% want the Confederate Flag back up on state capitals

a third want to ban LGBT individuals from entering the country..

You know "Make America Great Again".. Smh.

ampere

Yea it was a douchebag move to straight up post a picture of JPP's medical records

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom