• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Told Tom Savage on Twitter to grow out his hair and show up at training camp in a white tank top. I'd buy his jersey day one of he does.

That considered internet stalking?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I don't watch college ball but does anyone have any insight into RB Dan Lasko from Cal? Seems to be projected for around the 4th round and his highlights look alright. Wondering if he would be a good fit for the Jets in the 4th round. Does anyone think he can transition to a starting role at the NFL level?

He's Greg!

CcK2ojPUYAAe64W.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
wtf kind of comparison is that. Are they saying Henry should be an edge rusher?

Alot of teams wanted him to go to OLB/DE out of high school, and I know some told him that was what Alabama was going to do when he got there. Might be right, good 10 yard split, size and strength, good reach/arm length.

We all have them.

Some want their QB to have freakishly small hands.

Some want then to have a lazy eye and glass bones.

Some want then to look like a handsome, rugged Nick Cage.

Madden regular season has begun!

I face Bread in week one. Tune in tomorrow to see if I can defeat his evil.

mr2xxx

Banned
Tagging Kirk is the right move, not sure about trading him though. If someone wants to give up a couple of firsts then by all means. I trust Scott and he had a hand in drafting Wilson while in Seattle, from his scouting report.

Obviously we are really interested in passers with better height, but this guy may just be the exception to the rule. He has the 'it' factor."

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That's nothing compared to what Trump himself is doing:

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/703322982157033472

We are in for some interesting times friends.. The roller-coaster is just getting started..

I remember debating politics way, way back in high school and teachers always had to impress upon us that "mudslinging" wasn't tolerated in actual political debates because it turns almost everyone off.

This election has completely thrown that out.

I remember debating politics way, way back in high school and teachers always had to impress upon us that "mudslinging" wasn't tolerated in actual political debates because it turns almost everyone off.

I legitimately despise Donald Trump but god damn its hilarious to see what he's done to the GOP.

It is going to get worse..

It's always been like this to an extant.. But it is just degraded to a new level of amazing with Trump.

I legitimately despise Donald Trump but god damn its hilarious to see what he's done to the GOP.

We really should.. The man is a disgusting piece of shit in so many ways.. But it is amazing how he has played them for idiots. Shit, if reports are true, we truly might be witnessing the fracturing of the GOP. Donald Trump might kill the party.. Can you imagine that?

Hindl

Eh that's just teachers trying to instill morality in students. The honest truth is that this has always been there, it's just been amplified many times by the internet and social media allowing fringe voices to find others like them.

For example, this was released in 1884 as part of an attack to discredit Grover Cleveland for supposedly having an illegitimate child

Eh that's just teachers trying to instill morality in students. The honest truth is that this has always been there, it's just been amplified many times by the internet and social media allowing fringe voices to find others like them.

For example, this was released in 1884 as part of an attack to discredit Grover Cleveland for supposedly having an illegitimate child
Oh and J.Q Adams calling Jackson's wife a whore because he married her six months after her husband died.

His wife died shortly after that election from the stress.

Disgusting libel

Hindl

Oh and J.Q Adams calling Jackson's wife a whore because he married her six months after her husband died.

His wife died shortly after that election from the stress.

Hell, we have two term presidents mostly due to Washington setting the precedent (until FDR went and won 4 times which then made it a law). Part of that was that he didn't want to establish a monarchy when they had just broken out of one, but the other reason is that Washington himself was coming under fire from the press, the public, and people like Thomas Paine. He was called "King George" (King George was the king of England when we rebelled), and Paine called him "the patron of fraud". Mudslinging has been in American politics from the beginning. It's just in most history classes they graze over that stuff

Disgusting libel

:lol

Disgusting libel

Just saying you are trying to imitating Magic and you'll earn Bionic's vote

Hell, we have two term presidents mostly due to Washington setting the precedent (until FDR went and won 4 times which then made it a law). Part of that was that he didn't want to establish a monarchy when they had just broken out of one, but the other reason is that Washington himself was coming under fire from the press, the public, and people like Thomas Paine. He was called "King George" (King George was the king of England when we rebelled), and Paine called him "the patron of fraud". Mudslinging has been in American politics from the beginning. It's just in most history classes they graze over that stuff

Yup.. Washington when the Revolution ended truly could have made himself a monarch and didn't. He's up there probably as the third best president as he set the tone obviously for future officeholders.

1. Lincoln
2 FDR
3. Washington

These presidents are the top three according to most historians and academics. Lincoln was the greatest.

Hindl

Just saying you are trying to imitating Magic and you'll earn Bionic's vote

Yup.. Washington when the Revolution ended truly could have made himself a monarch and didn't. He's up there probably as the third best president as he set the tone obviously for future officeholders.

1. Lincoln
2 FDR
3. Washington

These presidents are the top three according to most historians and academics. Lincoln was the greatest.

Yeah he could've but the press were already attacking him for that, so I'm not sure how well that would've worked. That said, he did a great job stabilizing the country after the Revolution. John Adams dealt with a lot of the shit that came after, but Washington was good.

And I'll agree with the list, although I've wavered on FDR recently. He was fantastic, and knew how to get shit done. On the other hand, the internment of Japanese Americans shouldn't go unnoticed. And a lot of the reason he could make the New Deal coalition was due to him promising that these benefits wouldn't extend to the dirty brown poors. Which actually explains why Dixiecrats existed, their subsequent betrayal after the Civil Rights Act, and Nixon implementing the Southern Strategy to grab them. Which, coincidentally, leads us to...Trump!

Still love FDR but I'll have to do some soul searching for my top 3

Yeah he could've but the press were already attacking him for that, so I'm not sure how well that would've worked. That said, he did a great job stabilizing the country after the Revolution. John Adams dealt with a lot of the shit that came after, but Washington was good.

And I'll agree with the list, although I've wavered on FDR recently. He was fantastic, and knew how to get shit done. On the other hand, the internment of Japanese Americans shouldn't go unnoticed. And a lot of the reason he could make the New Deal coalition was due to him promising that these benefits wouldn't extend to the dirty brown poors. Which actually explains why Dixiecrats existed, their subsequent betrayal after the Civil Rights Act, and Nixon implementing the Southern Strategy to grab them. Which, coincidentally, leads us to...Trump!

Still love FDR but I'll have to do some soul searching for my top 3

I think it could have.. Because if he just wanted to be a king, he would have had no heirs.. Hell that's why they made him the first president after he was basically retired. No kids and still a damn hero after the War. He could make you care and that was why he was such an excellent leader despite being such a shitty tactician.

I can understand FDR, Internment aside as well as the Court Packing scheme, he set the stage for the modern presidency and American in a lot of ways. But FDR couldn't hold Lincoln's jock to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom