• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

I'm stuck in tonight nursing a knee injury.

I wanted to play a game, something low-key. I'm a fan of point & click so I just got Indiana Jones: The Fate of Atlantis off GOG for $1.49. This game came out in like 1992, anybody played it? I've got a sixer of founders and not shit to do so hopefully it's fun.

Do some drugs and play Parappa the Rapper.

I wanted to play a game, something low-key. I'm a fan of point & click so I just got Indiana Jones: The Fate of Atlantis off GOG for $1.49. This game came out in like 1992, anybody played it? I've got a sixer of founders and not shit to do so hopefully it's fun.
Do drug and go outside

That game is pretty great. I'd play it now if I knew what GOG was and had a whatever system you need.

ampere

Only have a few puzzles left to "beat" the Witness. This is really one of those games where I get so stumped and come back a few days later with a new perspective to get around some of the puzzles. Sometimes have to wander to a new area and try those puzzles to mix it up too

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Hell, we have two term presidents mostly due to Washington setting the precedent (until FDR went and won 4 times which then made it a law). Part of that was that he didn't want to establish a monarchy when they had just broken out of one, but the other reason is that Washington himself was coming under fire from the press, the public, and people like Thomas Paine. He was called "King George" (King George was the king of England when we rebelled), and Paine called him "the patron of fraud". Mudslinging has been in American politics from the beginning. It's just in most history classes they graze over that stuff

:lol

Oh and J.Q Adams calling Jackson's wife a whore because he married her six months after her husband died.

His wife died shortly after that election from the stress.

I know I'm years behind this conversation but I was in high school in the 90s and generally speaking, candidates were always nauseatingly nice to each other during debates. Mudslinging was very, very subtle during that era. I don't ever remember a time when candidates were straight disrespectful to each other on stage and it's almost entirely Trump setting the tone.

In another more traditional campaign, Jeb would have done way better. You can tell he always looked flustered on stage during debates because all the rules were being broken.

bionic77

I know I'm years behind this conversation but I was in high school in the 90s and generally speaking, candidates were always nauseatingly nice to each other during debates. Mudslinging was very, very subtle during that era. I don't ever remember a time when candidates were straight disrespectful to each other on stage and it's almost entirely Trump setting the tone.

In another more traditional campaign, Jeb would have done way better. You can tell he always looked flustered on stage during debates because all the rules were being broken.
We are having the white trash Talledega Nights presidential debates for this election.

Rubio and Trump spent the day just insulting each other.

Scary how the right wing seems to be rising in most countries. Not sure what it means long term...

Mindlog

Only have a few puzzles left to "beat" the Witness. This is really one of those games where I get so stumped and come back a few days later with a new perspective to get around some of the puzzles. Sometimes have to wander to a new area and try those puzzles to mix it up too
Doesn't count until you get the Platinum.
The Platinum is really good.

Like Trump? Yeah, not like what he does. But candidates were bitchy and slamming each other a lot.

But to the bolded.. Nope. He was a dud. The man literally ran way too late and if he had any other last name.. He wouldn't have hung around as long as he did.

Not to mention his brother's record..

It's not gonna happen

Hey, I have a fair bet for you that would be interesting.. Not the least bit curious?

Like Trump? Yeah, not like what he does. But candidates were bitchy and slamming each other a lot.

But to the bolded.. Nope. He was a dud. The man literally ran way too late and if he had any other last name.. He wouldn't have hung around as long as he did.

Not to mention his brother's record..

Hey, I have a fair bet for you that would be interesting.. Not the least bit curious?
What is it

What is it

Since we know that

A) Cleveland sucks shit
B) New England could dick around for the first four weeks of the season and still win the division.

NFL bets are kinda of dumb for either of our teams.. so we can go to college football.

My idea

Next season, If Florida finishes higher than Ohio State in the Final College Football Rankings of the regular season next year (The one before the playoff teams are announced). I will wear an avatar of your choosing until Week One of the 2017-2018 College Football Season

If Ohio State finishes higher, the opposite happens.

Since we know that

A) Cleveland sucks shit
B) New England could dick around for the first four weeks of the season and still win the division.

NFL bets are kinda of dumb for either of our teams.. so we can go to college football.

My idea

Next season, If Florida finishes higher than Ohio State in the Final College Football Rankings of the regular season next year (The one before the playoff teams are announced). I will wear an avatar of your choosing until Week One of the 2017-2018 College Football Season

If Ohio State finishes higher, the opposite happens.
No thank you. I don't think Florida will be good enough to do that.

MechDX

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...-3-takeaways-injury-updates-on-jack-and-smith

3. Paxton Lynch's medical exams red-flagged a few issues from past injuries.

Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Christian Hackenberg and most of the other quarterbacks interviewed with the media on Thursday, but Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch wasn't able to make it until Friday due to his lengthy stay with the medical staff.

While not considered serious, Lynch had an issue with his left knee, right knee and AC joint, all from past injuries. He suffered a small fracture in his clavicle that healed, but his X-rays at the combine revealed pieces of bone floating near the injury. It “spooked” a few teams, according to Lynch, but he isn't concerned.

First QB falling

No thank you. I don't think Florida will be good enough to do that.

I beg to differ, I could see Florida doing it for several reasons

Yes, while they may be losing a lot of talent on the defense.. look at the division they are in.

A)You have the shit tier teams in Vandy and Kentucky and the only real teams that could stop you are The rebuilding Bulldogs and Tennessee who is dealing with their big fucking mess. I believe that Florida can win the East because MacElwain is a decent coach and can make the offense not suck. That's a walk in the park compared to Ohio State.

B)Ohio State is going through a big rebuild obviously and has to play against Squicken team one (The Oklahoma Sooners) early in the season. And we play in a tougher division compared to the SEC East where Michigan (unfortunately) should beat us. You can walk into the SEC Championship Game and we are stuck in the cold.

C)Think about this Gata, The Buckeyes, my one bright spot in sports failing me. Imagine how much you can hold that over my head. Imagine that I have to have the eternal reminder on here that the Gatas were better than the Buckeyes.. I would have to look at that fucking avatar every day for a year..

That should give you some thought.

I beg to differ, I could see Florida doing it for several reasons

Yes, while they may be losing a lot of talent on the defense.. look at the division they are in.

A)You have the shit tier teams in Vandy and Kentucky and the only real teams that could stop you are The rebuilding Bulldogs and Tennessee who is dealing with their big fucking mess. I believe that Florida can win the East because MacElwain is a decent coach and can make the offense not suck. That's a walk in the park compared to Ohio State.

B)Ohio State is going through a big rebuild obviously and has to play against Squicken team one (The Oklahoma Sooners) early in the season. And we play in a tougher division compared to the SEC East where Michigan (unfortunately) should beat us. You can walk into the SEC Championship Game and we are stuck in the cold.

C)Think about this Gata, The Buckeyes, my one bright spot in sports failing me. Imagine how much you can hold that over my head. Imagine that I have to have the eternal reminder on here that the Gatas were better than the Buckeyes.. I would have to look at that fucking avatar every day for a year..

That should give you some thought.
I don't do those long bets anymore. Maybe we can do one during the season or something.

RBH

I'm watching Fuller House on Netflix.

Jodie Sweetin
rejoice.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom