• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
WkQeZ7g.png
Boban > Luigi.. (Kind of fits your name) :)

Dega, your brother needs to start posting here
The Mario Bros vs the Wario Brothers.

BigAT

Bionic deserved to be banned for intentionally trying to derail a thread by posting something he personally believed in and liked. It's a good thing no one has done that here in the last few pages or bans might have to be handed out.

You know damn well I was referring to cricket!

We don't name our sports after insects!

No, you name them so that the type of mentally deficient people who would vote Republican or support the Patriots can understand the object of the game:

Baseball = Throw the ball towards the base.

Basketball = Throw the ball towards the basket.

Football = Fortunately throwing the ball towards the foot turned out to be boring and frustrating so everybody decided to hit each other instead, inadvertently creating the second greatest sport on the planet.

Those are professional poker players.. It's baby British baseball. :)

This is a tautology. Baseball, by default, is for babies.

Going to let Bread win in the regular season so he feels better about himself.

RCS9KEk.gif

Not avenging your brother for his failure.. Come on. Bread be happy? You can't let that happen.

this a tautology as Baseball, by default, is for babies.
So grade school children in England do play it. Excellent. I'm glad you accepted the fact that it's basically British Baseball. Now you can be a cardinals fan in peace. Part of the best fans in baseball.

Wuiji

Not avenging your brother for his failure.. Come on. Bread be happy? You can't let that happen.

So grade school children in England do play it. Excellent. I'm glad you accepted the fact that it's basically British Baseball. Now you can be a cardinals fan in peace. Part of the best fans in baseball.

My brother can avenge himself easily enough. Plus it's funnier this way, because it'll give Bread hope, so he'll be more annoyed when he once again doesn't win, especially after his consistent shady trade dealings.

Hindl

Mech your boy!

Peter SchragerVerified account
‏@PSchrags
1. Carson Wentz won the week. Aced his interviews. Aced his workouts. Multiple teams told me the Andrew Luck comparisons not that far off.

Syrinx

So why did Wentz play for North Dakota or whatever? Was it a choice to stay close to home, or are college scouts and recruiters even worse at identifying QB talent than pro scouts? Or both mixed in with other factors?

All these poor Berniebros who are new to politics, in denial and doing all kinds of mental gymnastics to prove that their mans candidacy for POTUS doesn't come to an end tonight.

Kinda sad

MechDX

So why did Wentz play for North Dakota or whatever? Was it a choice to stay close to home, or are college scouts and recruiters even worse at identifying QB talent than pro scouts? Or both mixed in with other factors?

He still has as much potential to flop in the pros as he does to excel. he broke his wrist playing baseball his junior year in high school so most FBS schools backed off so he played at NDSU if I am remembering correctly

Syrinx

He still has as much potential to flop in the pros as he does to excel. he broke his wrist playing baseball his junior year in high school so most FBS schools backed off so he played at NDSU
Ah, that couod explain it.

Too bad he will get drafted by the Browns, so we'll never know how could have been before being sentenced to the land of the damned.

BigAT

Can't speak to Wentz specifically, but high school recruit rankings are hardly a sure thing. Plenty of 5-star guys never end up doing anything and there are always unrecruited players that end up making it to the NFL. Additionally, some guys just take time to develop. Aaron Rodgers had to start his college career at a junior college because I believe he didn't have a single Division I scholarship offer.

W9bz90e.png

Sup? #FreeTheWeed
Still won more with that ginger headed geriatric fuck then we did.

Can't speak to Wentz specifically, but high school recruit rankings are hardly a sure thing. Plenty of 5-star guys never end up doing anything and there are always unrecruited players that end up making it to the NFL. Additionally, some guys just take time to develop. Aaron Rodgers had to start his college career at a junior college because I believe he didn't have a single Division I scholarship offer.
He'll not only that, you change positions completely in many cases in college..

Billy.. For example was a corner if I recall correct.

Darron Lee, one of the top LBs in the draft, went to OSU as a QB.

Syrinx

I remember a Rodgers fluff piece on ESPN where they claimed that nobody made him an offer mostly due to his size. Which wouldn't surprise me, but yeah, fluff piece.

Otherwise yeah. Probably went too hard on college and pro scouts there. Especially college since so much about you changes physically and mentally in the transition from high school to college, so it can be hard to predict.

eznark

Banned
Bionic deserved to be banned for intentionally trying to derail a thread by posting something he personally believed in and liked. It's a good thing no one has done that here in the last few pages or bans might have to be handed out.

cool.gif

ampere

All these poor Berniebros who are new to politics, in denial and doing all kinds of mental gymnastics to prove that their mans candidacy for POTUS doesn't come to an end tonight.

Kinda sad

Not to mention the Hillary misunderstanding, like she's as conservative as Bill was or something. I've said something stupid like that in the past, but upon further researching it, she's actually incredibly similar to Bernie in most ways. I think I scored 98% on a test for identifying with Bernie and 95% for Hillary

Line_HTX

This is for one of squicken's good reads. The last paragraph might catch your eye.

Drafting a QB is like chasing a smoke ring while wielding a butterfly net.

"The thing about O'Brien is he seems to have a magic touch with quarterbacks," retired former Dallas Cowboys general manager Gil Brandt said. "To win and get in the playoffs like he did with a succession of different quarterbacks, that tells you the guy does something right. It looks like O'Brien can take a lesser quarterback and really make something special out of him. Imagine what he could do with a guy who has all the tools. That would be fascinating to watch."

I'm anxious, impatient, and frustrated, so let's draft one and throw the kitchen sink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom