• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Someone give me the rundown on Nate Sudfeld please.

He is a bad quarterback with no hope of an NFL career. Inaccurate, throws like he is 6'2'' because he dips his shoulder and has a sort of "throwing darts" motion. Teams seem to love him because of his size and experience, he started a lot, and are convincing themselves he would have been a Real Stud if only IU had talent on offense. They are delusional.

Well that wasnt the answer I was expecting. Ok what did the Dolphins do to you now?

Nothing yet...but they are about to sign an overrated pass rusher to a stupid amount of money and restructure Suh.

Why are we fighting friend.. I miss the days where we weren't negative and nice to each other. But you let hate into your heart.

Let love back in. It's better.

Sorry it's just a new league year and already the Dolphins are fucking up, it gets to me :(

BigAT

Eagles are going to sign Sam Bradford today, aren't they?
Let us hope so. To a long contract with many guarantees.

This is for one of squicken's good reads. The last paragraph might catch your eye.

Drafting a QB is like chasing a smoke ring while wielding a butterfly net.

I'm anxious, impatient, and frustrated, so let's draft one and throw the kitchen sink.

All it took was being in the worst division in football and having the best team in the division lose their quarterback and have their 40-year-old backup QB be sick and injured half the time he was playing.

He is a bad quarterback with no hope of an NFL career. Inaccurate, throws like he is 6'2'' because he dips his shoulder and has a sort of "throwing darts" motion. Teams seem to love him because of his size and experience, he started a lot, and are convincing themselves he would have been a Real Stud if only IU had talent
on offense.
They are delusional.

Did.. They watch any Hoosier football.. At all? That's like their calling card. Kevin Wilson has started to not make them look a trainwreck with the offense.

Sorry it's just a new league year and already the Dolphins are fucking up, it gets to me :(
It's okay friend. Be more like me with the Browns and accept the disappointment.

BigAT

He is a bad quarterback with no hope of an NFL career. Inaccurate, throws like he is 6'2'' because he dips his shoulder and has a sort of "throwing darts" motion. Teams seem to love him because of his size and experience, he started a lot, and are convincing themselves he would have been a Real Stud if only IU had talent on offense. They are delusional.

Additionally he threw 2 interceptions and lost to Rutgers which had a historically bad secondary last year.

Hindl

Going through the DT combine numbers. Sheldon Rankins had some insane jumps for his weight.

Yeah Rankins is insane. He should make an impact wherever he goes.

Eagles are going to sign Sam Bradford today, aren't they?

Probably yeah. I'm more positive on Bradford than you, but I'm not convinced he's the savior like Pep/YH. I have confidence in Howie making a good deal that lets us get out of it if he doesn't improve. I'd honestly be fine with a contract where he's guaranteed for two years and can be cut after. It would take that long to develop any of the QBs taken in this draft anyway. I just hope the rumors about a larger contract aren't true

Ugh fucken dolphins are going to piss me off today

Stay strong friend

Line_HTX

All it took was being in the worst division in football and having the best team in the division lose their quarterback and have their 40-year-old backup QB be sick and injured half the time he was playing.

I'll admit there were a little too many injuries to my liking, but really, in the grand scheme of things, the NFCE was way worse. They need to be banished from primetime games IMO.

gutshot

Jenny Vrentas got to sit in on a combine interview by the Dolphins. It's an interesting read:

Grier immediately took charge with a rapid-fire Q&A session. They were already on the clock, and there was no time to waste. Team brass brainstorms questions for each player in advance, based in large part off the reports written by the area scouts. Players today are more prepared than ever, and this quarterback was no different. He responded to the first question with a 274-word opening statement of sorts and took 91 seconds off the clock. He talked about each of his family members; who his role models are; mentioned twice how he was fortunate to have a “great upbringing”; and explained the way he handled a tough decision in his college recruiting. There’s a story in scouting circles about one first-round pick a few years back who filibustered for the entire 15-minute interview, only allowing teams to ask a single question.

Over the next six minutes and seven seconds, Grier fired off 16 questions. They covered topics like what the player’s learning style is, whom he hung out with in college, and how he plans to use his college degree. “Play football, for now,” the player said, grinning.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/01/nfl-combine-miami-dolphins-formal-interview-quarterback

Someone who follows college football more than I might be able to figure out who this mystery QB is.

Out of all the stupid things they could have done, the transition tag was the least stupid...if a team signs OV away, we will lose out on the Comp picks though so it's still a stupid move. They should have just let him walk....

I was going to say even Belichick wouldn't draft from that disaster, but most of our secondary talent is actually awaiting trial or in jail so maybe there are some true Patriots to be had.
At least you won't win the Fulmer Cup this year. That goes back home to Tennessee.

Josh Norman might get tagged.

Josh Norman's going to get tagged. And that's the smart play. Signing the tackles long term is more important than signing Noramn long term. Much harder to replace guys like KK and Star than it is to replace a going on 30 corner.

Getts may have been in a better mood to spend, had they actually won the SB but alas...

For example, Tolbert lost himself A LOT of money with those two fumbles.

Hopefully someday posting anime in here will be a bannable offense!! :')

What about this type of anime?
OGkpLbJ.gif

Jenny Vrentas got to sit in on a combine interview by the Dolphins. It's an interesting read:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/01/nfl-combine-miami-dolphins-formal-interview-quarterback

Someone who follows college football more than I might be able to figure out who this mystery QB is.
That is Will Grier, former QB of the Florida Gatas. He had a decent year till the moron for himself suspended for illegal supplements I believe and broke Gata's heart in the process because they had to start Treon Harris in the process and you never start Treon Harris.. EVER.

jbug617

Banned
Broncos ended up tagging Von Miller. The Browns can throw a lot of money at Brock now if they want.

He will stay in Denver.

Line_HTX

I mean, this thread always goes offtopic in the offseason, but it's an unreadable mess right now.

There's not many news items before Free Agency, what is there to say?

I don't even know how Bart Starr getting an injury from hazing decades ago helps the conversation.

Right now it's just players getting Franchise Tagged, be it exclusive or transition.

Pepiope

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/10/files/2014/11/tom-savage-nfl-preseason-san-francisco-49ers-houston-texans.jpg[/IM]

Lets post QB's who look like young Hollywood studs.

[IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/48/16/50/4816507ebade5d4990238caf85a4ddd1.jpg[/MG]

Or just studly QB's for my friend bread![/QUOTE]
[IMG]https://images.rapgenius.com/b3sksxnxwmak2rpd5bviicbdd.600x491x1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom