• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

He's been let go by two teams for a reason. He does not love football and will not give 100% every play. You can't build a good team when the highest paid players don't give a shit.

This. Sadly someone will pay him again because he is a physical freak he just is not motivated. At all

Tom Nook

8acb0b6e66ef6ed675552320142285e665f1a508af2604e4075620a21a73fe5d.jpg

JABEE

QB is a lot more important then LT, especially one who is always hurt and also asked out of games cause he didn't like the coach.

Jason Peters is better than Sam Bradford at his position.

Jason Peters is still one of the best LTs in football. How many linemen do you want to replace?

QB may be a more important position, but Jason Peters is more important than Sam Bradford.

Line_HTX

Tryna go out like Kobe.

Well, Kobe did have nothing but glowing praise of Peyton on Gameday Morning, LOL

I wonder what the reaction will be to watching a player die on the field.

Seriously, I fear that's what's going to happen.

Well I feel like we have a Favre situation on our hands.

That fucking media circus was so out of control EVEN Greta van Susteren took part in the Favre worshipping.

Lol Manning wanna be like Ryu, walking off into the sunset looking for new challengers

Peyton should get Cannon Striked, R. Mika super, and Ohoho'd all in one just to retire forever.

Jason Peters is better than Sam Bradford at his position.

Jason Peters is still one of the best LTs in football. How many linemen do you want to replace?

QB may be a more important position, but Jason Peters is more important than Sam Bradford.
You can replace Peters by moving Lane to LT, then you only need to find a RT. No one on the team, or in FA, or the draft, can replace Bradford. QB is by far the hardest position to replace. Cut Peters sign Bradford.

squicken

Interesting things (to me) on that AGL study

-Chip's teams stay mostly healthy. His science shakes work. His other stuff not so much

-CAR and SEA were also really healthy. CAR is going to be the subject of about a billion regression articles in the preseason

-CIN and DAL prove that AGL is pretty limited when it comes to QBs getting hurt

Rams are the only team I can think of. I wonder if Fisher was serious about interest or just blowing smoke up Manning's ass to pump up the move.

The only way Peyton makes sense is for a team that is drafting a QB and wants to sit him for a year. So if the Rams plan on drafting a guy then I guess they can use Peyton's box office appeal

gutshot

You can replace Peters by moving Lane to LT, then you only need to find a RT. No one on the team, or in FA, or the draft, can replace Bradford. QB is by far the hardest position to replace. Cut Peters sign Bradford.

You say this like finding a right tackle is a piece of cake. Don't forget we also need to get two new guards.

gutshot

Interesting things (to me) on that AGL study

-Chip's teams stay mostly healthy. His science shakes work. His other stuff not so much

-CAR and SEA were also really healthy. CAR is going to be the subject of about a billion regression articles in the preseason

-CIN and DAL prove that AGL is pretty limited when it comes to QBs getting hurt

The only way Peyton makes sense is for a team that is drafting a QB and wants to sit him for a year. So if the Rams plan on drafting a guy then I guess they can use Peyton's box office appeal

His sports science stuff was probably the most revolutionary thing he's brought to the NFL. Thankfully, I believe the Eagles will retain most, if not all, of his methods with the new staff.

Striker

I'm down for Mario Williams on a 2-3 year deal. They're only offering JPP a 1-year prove it based per reports, and I sincerely doubt Ayers is getting anything substantial. Then you draft a DE in one of the first two rounds (I'm cool with Shaq Lawson in Rd 1). With the amount of cap space, they can sign Malik Jackson or Damon Harrison inside as well. Reese needs to make a big splash somehow; beefing up the DL is the biggest obstacle.

Hindl

Mario Williams cut.

Come home to Philly! Team up with Schwartz!

Barwin fills his role and is a better person overall. Love what he's done for Philly.

Awful news. Peters is still our best Tackle. Cutting him for Bradford would be insane.

Agreed. This hatred against JP is ridiculous. He didn't like chip, like half our team. I like chip but it's clear he didn't work with everyone. I'm not holding that against Peters. Dude has been one of the best LTs in football and has been vital for this team. I'm not sure if he should keep playing given his health, but he deserves to stay an eagle as long as he wants. Even with how injured he was this year he still played great. And while he might not like chip, he defends his QB. People who want him cut for slighting chip are insane

Peters asked out of games this year because the HC dared to suggest that maybe he could dress for a game but not play unless they absolutely needed him. What he did is inexcusable.

squicken

Agreed. This hatred against JP is ridiculous. He didn't like chip, like half our team. I like chip but it's clear he didn't work with everyone. I'm not holding that against Peters. Dude has been one of the best LTs in football and has been vital for this team. I'm not sure if he should keep playing given his health, but he deserves to stay an eagle as long as he wants. Even with how injured he was this year he still played great. And while he might not like chip, he defends his QB. People who want him cut for slighting chip are insane

I don't think Peters is worth the money, but he's still too valuable to cut. But can he last the whole year? It's bad planning to expect him to do so. I think they need to prepare for having Lane playing LT and a new edition at RT. Plus another guard or two

Hindl

I don't think Peters is worth the money, but he's still too valuable to cut. But can he last the whole year? It's bad planning to expect him to do so. I think they need to prepare for having Lane playing LT and a new edition at RT. Plus another guard or two
Yeah agreed I hope he restructures. Flat out cutting him though I'm against. I'd rather keep the contract if the only other option is a cut. And I fully don't expect him to last the full season. He's just that veteran presence the team needs now, even if he can't play every game. That's why I'd be alright with grabbing a Ronnie Stanley or Conklin in the draft. Get a guard in FA and grab one of these guys as the other guard. When JP gets injured, push lane to LT and the rookie to RT. I'd ideally want to come out of the draft with 2-3 OL. Lane is already LT of the future based on his contract btw

Tabris

I'll be in Japan in 3 months. Which one of your creepy animu waifu body pillows can I buy and defile to make you cry? lol :)

Euron

I'm down for Mario Williams on a 2-3 year deal. They're only offering JPP a 1-year prove it based per reports, and I sincerely doubt Ayers is getting anything substantial. Then you draft a DE in one of the first two rounds (I'm cool with Shaq Lawson in Rd 1). With the amount of cap space, they can sign Malik Jackson or Damon Harrison inside as well. Reese needs to make a big splash somehow; beefing up the DL is the biggest obstacle.
Reese's job is on the line this season so let's hope he focuses more than ever. Last reports had him looking at Olivier Vernon and now that may actually be a chance. I'd focus more on Trevathan over Jackson IMO and sign Tashusn Gibson. James Laurinaitus would also be a good candidate. He isn't the best but he has excellent leadership ability.

As for the draft, I'd take Ezekiel Elliott with the pick. Everyone's saying we should take a DE but that can be potentially fixed in the free agency and second round and later (I can see Emmanual Ogbah slipping to 2nd). Our running game is a mess and we have no other valuable targets on offense than Odell at the moment. A top tier and well versatile running back is the greatest thing to compliment Odell and can alleviate the burden of the defense since the offense will stay alive longer.

Though if all else fails then DeForest Buckner 2016 it is.

squicken

Let's call a truce on the anime stuff. Stop bad-mouthing the animus and no more animu screen grabs Let us unite on the universal opinion that the Pats are cheaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom