• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

rando14

The animu is making this thread worse, not sure why Xia is afraid this place is gonna get NBA gaf'd when it's just gonna die because all the non-animu lovers just leave...

The animu is making this thread worse, not sure why Xia is afraid this place is gonna get NBA gaf'd when it's just gonna die because all the non-animu lovers just leave...

We could have 2 different football threads, one with animu and one without.

Edit: I didn't mean to upset anyone. Sorry if I did.

effzee

Jason Peters is better than Sam Bradford at his position.

Jason Peters is still one of the best LTs in football. How many linemen do you want to replace?

QB may be a more important position, but Jason Peters is more important than Sam Bradford.

Agreed here. If the plan is to go with Bradford, he more than maybe some of the draft picks, needs the best possible protection from the line. Already need 2 guards and much needed depth. Cutting Peters would create a giant hole where there isn't a need right now.

Barwin fills his role and is a better person overall. Love what he's done for Philly.

Mario Williams had his best season under Schwartz just 2 seasons ago in Buffalo.

He has been cut twice and no one is paying him a lot of money. His next contract is most likely a 1 year prove it deal or another short term, cap friendly, and cheap no matter what.

I'd love for the Eagles to pick him up on a 1 year deal and work with Schwartz again.

Agreed. This hatred against JP is ridiculous. He didn't like chip, like half our team. I like chip but it's clear he didn't work with everyone. I'm not holding that against Peters. Dude has been one of the best LTs in football and has been vital for this team. I'm not sure if he should keep playing given his health, but he deserves to stay an eagle as long as he wants. Even with how injured he was this year he still played great. And while he might not like chip, he defends his QB. People who want him cut for slighting chip are insane

JP asked out of 1 game, which was out of hand already, and didn't dress for another if he didn't start.

Chip never had an issue with him and Peters himself never said he had any issues with Chip. He was hurt from week 1 and played most of the games hurt coming in and out plays.

To question his commitment is kind of ridiculous considering how well he rehabbed and came back from 2 torn Achilles and how he kept fighting to get back into games last year after missing a play or series.

Do they need to plan for his replacement? Sure that person is already in the roster. I'd rather first get 2 new guards and maybe draft a RT replacement and see how that player develops this coming season before just cutting Peters and having no replacement for Lane.

His sports science stuff was probably the most revolutionary thing he's brought to the NFL. Thankfully, I believe the Eagles will retain most, if not all, of his methods with the new staff.

Let's hope so but the proof will be in the pudding/shake.

Felt like it was lip service when they just randomly threw that statement in like "oh yeah sports science we will do that sure".

Jason Peters is better than Sam Bradford at his position.

Jason Peters is still one of the best LTs in football. How many linemen do you want to replace?

QB may be a more important position, but Jason Peters is more important than Sam Bradford.

This isn't even a question and shouldn't really even be a discussion.

Hindl

Mario Williams had his best season under Schwartz just 2 seasons ago in Buffalo.

He has been cut twice and no one is paying him a lot of money. His next contract is most likely a 1 year prove it deal or another short term, cap friendly, and cheap no matter what.

I'd love for the Eagles to pick him up on a 1 year deal and work with Schwartz again.

JP asked out of 1 game, which was out of hand already, and didn't dress for another if he didn't start.

Chip never had an issue with him and Peters himself never said he had any issues with Chip. He was hurt from week 1 and played most of the games hurt coming in and out plays.

To question his commitment is kind of ridiculous considering how well he rehabbed and came back from 2 torn Achilles and how he kept fighting to get back into games last year after missing a play or series.

Do they need to plan for his replacement? Sure that person is already in the roster. I'd rather first get 2 new guards and maybe draft a RT replacement and see how that player develops this coming season before just cutting Peters and having no replacement for Lane.

Disagree on Mario, completely agree on JP. I don't want him cut he's too valuable. Like I said, draft a RT this year and have him play guard until JP gets injured (he will), then put him at RT and Lane at LT. JP's has degenerative back problems unfortunately, so that's not going to get better.

As for Mario, I get your reasoning, but consider we already are paying starter money to 3 DEs, Curry, Graham, and Barwin. Curry and Graham are obviously the starters, so we have a 3rd rotational role to fill. Are you willing to trade away Barwin? I understand Mario Williams is great, but Barwin is a leader on this team and the community, and I just think he's more valuable to us, especially in terms of consistency. And I think Williams may have more suitors than you think

It's a little creepy but would you really be against it?

I dated a 22 year old when I was 29 and it was a little weird, now at 32 I think I would. I guess it would depending entirely on how mature the girl was...but 19? I wouldn't even consider it.

You would never date her, you would only take a photo of her without her knowledge while standing behind her at the supermarket.

Of course....Trejo would...

Vikings will probably land Iloka to pair with Smith right? No way in hell he chooses the Lions over an established defense, a new stadium, and his old coach. Unless of course the lions throw stupid money at him.

Resign Newman as rotational. Resign Robison as rotational. Promote Hunter to starter. Promote Waynes to starter. Probably let Greenway walk unless he stays on at minimum.

The best options at WR and Oline will be gone by 23 so Zimmer will say fuck it and draft Cravens at outside linebacker to go with Barr and Kendricks. (Unfortunately no way in hell they get Jack at 23...)

That defense is going to be pretty great if these things happen.

Offense will still be pedestrian next year but the defense could very easily end up on Bronco level.

This is going to be my one "KAS" post before I settle in for reality. I'm excited for the Vikings in a serious way for the first time since Brett.

Tabris

I almost exclusively date girls in their early 20s and I'm just over 30.

I'm not mature enough to date girls in their 30s. I'm looking for fun and experiences, not commitment (well marriage) and kids.

Fantomex

NFLonCBS ‏@NFLonCBS 27m27 minutes ago

Report: Peyton Manning wants to keep playing, exploring all of his options
http://cbsprt.co/1QRN9gw

Fucking come on. Just go off into the sunset.

When Dan Marino still throws a better spiral than you, it's time to go.

Vikings will probably land Iloka to pair with Smith right? No way in hell he chooses the Lions over an established defense, a new stadium, and his old coach. Unless of course the lions throw stupid money at him.

Resign Newman as rotational. Resign Robison as rotational. Promote Hunter to starter. Promote Waynes to starter. Probably let Greenway walk unless he stays on at minimum.

The best options at WR and Oline will be gone by 23 so Zimmer will say fuck it and draft Cravens at outside linebacker to go with Barr and Kendricks. (Unfortunately no way in hell they get Jack at 23...)

That defense is going to be pretty great if these things happen.

Offense will still be pedestrian next year but the defense could very easily end up on Bronco level.

This is going to be my one "KAS" post before I settle in for reality. I'm excited for the Vikings in a serious way for the first time since Brett.

Good for you friend. I remember what HOPE felt like. But those days are long gone. Now it's just darkness.

Hindl

It's going to be interesting to see where Iloka ends up. Lotta safeties hitting FA so he could be a steal. Has Eric Berry been tagged yet?

Tabris

Women in their early 30s want to watch friends episodes, play some boring board game at some boring dinner party, they want a husband that wants the highlight of their day to be smoking brisket. Kill me now.

I am 28 and I can see an issuemail but usually girls that age only want fun.

sure but, and this is just my experience of course, the younger the girl the less experienced and less "fun" she turns out to be.

That's backwards.

Young guy + older woman = best. Sex. Ever.

I was 19 she was 29....damn. older women don't want relationships or any of that nonsense just a good time.

My Ex buddy Mech gets it, I'm seeing a 32 y/o and she's awesome, no BS, no nonsense type of girl, neither one of us is looking into any kind of relationship, just good old fashioned fun,

JABEE

Women in their early 30s want to watch friends episodes, play some boring board game at some boring dinner party, they want a husband that wants the highlight of their day to be smoking brisket. Kill me now.

This sounds like television.

Fantomex

Where the hell do you live? The valley of cat ladies?

Wes

venison crêpe

Not in the UK.

BigAT

Kill me now.

Tabris answers the door:

-e29f4ba6275b8423.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom