• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a family business?
NH9gE7v.gif
Go watch cricket

gutshot

Philadelphia Eagles @Eagles
#Eagles and QB Sam Bradford agree to terms on a new two-year contract. #FlyEaglesFly

Welp.

At least it is only 2 years.

gutshot

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Eagles gave QB Sam Bradford a two-year, $36 million deal, including $26 million guaranteed, per source.

Hindl

Philadelphia Eagles @Eagles
#Eagles and QB Sam Bradford agree to terms on a new two-year contract. #FlyEaglesFly

Welp.

At least it is only 2 years.

Need to see the numbers first. Still, two years isn't bad. Makes me think we're definitely getting a QB in the draft this year

Edit: Guaranteed isn't too bad, full number seems pretty high though...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I can't even tell if Eagles fans are serious anymore. Bradford has been a below average QB for his entire career. He wasn't even any good last season.

God, I don't care what dumb shit the Dolphins do this season. Just please don't let go of Miller.

Make at least one good decision Miami.

They did ok with OV...best of the worst scenarios at least...but yeah they need to keep Miller, even keeping Grimes, OV, Wake, Miller with projected current cap hit we'd have 20 M to spend, there isn't a single reason why we can't keep Miller

You may not be. Just don't be surprised if six months into the relationship that's exactly what it turns into. I'm at the club until 4:00am and my wife doesn't even want to go drinking anymore. It gets depressing.

I mean club out till 4 sounds horrible to me lol I went out a few weeks ago and was home by 1am, I guess I'm all partied out. But I still go out a lot, this weekend I'm going to watch the Illusionist, a magic show that's touring, then next week I'm going to a craft beer and wine festival at a horse race track, so i do like going out, just grew out of the club scene I guess.

Is it a family business?
NH9gE7v.gif

:JNC

Hindl

At least it's short, which means they're drafting. I am hoping it's all incentive based.

Yeah definitely drafting. I wish the number was lower, but I was expecting at least a 3 year deal. Overall we're overpaying, but if it doesn't work out then it's not like the Eagles are crippled for years.

gutshot

Banner thinks it is a good deal for the Eagles, so I guess I am on board.

And yes, I'm excited to see who they will draft in April.

I mean club out till 4 sounds horrible to me lol I went out a few weeks ago and was home by 1am, I guess I'm all partied out. But I still go out a lot, this weekend I'm going to watch the Illusionist, a magic show that's touring, then next week I'm going to a craft beer and wine festival at a horse race track, so i do like going out, just grew out of the club scene I guess.

Well I am not clubbing that late that frequently anymore, it's more of a rare occasion, but I do stay at bars until 1:00am pretty frequently. My brother, who is only a year younger than me (but single) is clubbing that late every weekend pretty much. No clue how he does it.

@alexmarvez
Combined w/$78M rookie contract, Bradford will have made $114M through 9 seasons after new 2-yr @Eagles deal.25-37-1 as starter. No playoffs

Glad to see the Rams tag Johnson. Hopefully they let Jenkins walk rather than waste too much money on him.

e: is Bradford the luckiest QB in the NFL?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's 13M per and if he plays like the top QB he is, he will get more. How is this too much money?

Are you Chip Kelly?

Think theres a pretty decent argument that Sam Bradford is the most overpaid athlete in the history of professional sports. At least most dudes have to have a contract year to get themselves a fat contract... hes never even been good enough to do that.

MechDX

13 million per year isn't "that" bad. Pretty much the going rate for a starter with experience. Brock is somewhere jacking it to how much Bradford got

Well I am not clubbing that late that frequently anymore, it's more of a rare occasion, but I do stay at bars until 1:00am pretty frequently. My brother, who is only a year younger than me (but single) is clubbing that late every weekend pretty much. No clue how he does it.

I used to be out even during the week in my mid twenties...showing up to work sleep deprived and hung over, good times but I think I'd literally die if I tried that now lol

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I...I don't understand.

I think the Eagles are betting on Sam Bradford being a Game Managing QB like Alex Smith. Run the ball, get those crucial 3rd and 5 3rd and 6 plays where he can make a smart read and move the chains.

What the Eagles do have is Jim Schwartz as a DC and he's a great DC. He'll be bring the heat on opposing QBs with 4-3 blitz packages and that type of defense if ran properly will get turnovers.

If I were the Eagles GM I would be mainly focusing on drafting defensive players for Schwartz. Sam Bradford has been in the league long enough to know what type of QB he is. He's not a Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, Tom Brady who has the arm strength to stand in the pocket and make throws into double coverage 25-30 yards down the field with pure arm strength and accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom