• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer24

Banned
Thunder is on his way to San Francisco.

pR7JYps.jpg

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/n...broncos-mascot-headed-san-francisco/79488170/

unbenannt96ogz.png

Striker

List Warz

ESPN did a top ten for Greatest Super Bowl players

10 Steve Young
9 Kurt Warner
8 Eli Manning
7 Terry Bradshaw
6 John Elway
5 Emmitt Smith
4 Jerry Rice
3 Joe Montana
2 Troy Aikman
1 Tammy Brady

List Warz

10 Steve Young
9 Kurt Warner
8 Eli Manning
7 Terry Bradshaw
6 John Elway
5 Emmitt Smith
4 Jerry Rice
3 Joe Montana
2 Troy Aikman
1 Tammy Brady

As a die hard Raider fan who absolutely hates the 49ers, it's just ridiculous that Joe Montana isn't #1. 4-0, 285 yards per game, 11 passing TD's, 2 rushing TD's, and ZERO interceptions.

squicken

Mike Tanier is definitely not a hot take kind of writer, and his Senior Bowl notes column has this on Braxton

Braxton Miller (6'1 3/8", 204 lbs, Ohio State) was having another phenomenal practice when disaster nearly struck Thursday morning. Miller crumpled to the ground untouched while running a crossing route and limped to the sideline.

Miller did not receive treatment and spent the rest of practice stretching and walking on the fringe. Assuming the injury is not serious, Miller has proven all he needs to prove this week and looks like a first-round pick.

And Wentz
Wentz can develop into a very good NFL starter. But a top-five pick? Let's not burn out on draft hype just yet. Wentz took a big step this week. He has three months to climb the rest of the staircase.

lil Gronk
Gronkowski caught a deep pass on a wheel route in 11-on-11 drills early in the week and has hauled in several shorter passes. He holds his own in pass-protection drills. He's not Rob Gronkowski, but he is better than his K-State tape would suggest. (Glenn was used mostly as a situational lead-blocking fullback in college). He will merit a late-round pick as an H-back.

Sterling Shepard
On the other hand, it was a fine week for wide receivers. Sterling Shepard of Oklahoma, who came to Mobile as a Day 2 draft pick at worst, kept improving as the week went on. The word around the huddled, frozen klatches in the stands went, "I don't like comparing every small, tough receiver to Steve Smith, but Shepard looks a lot like Steve Smith."

squicken

As a die hard Raider fan who absolutely hates the 49ers, it's just ridiculous that Joe Montana isn't #1. 4-0, 285 yards per game, 11 passing TD's, 2 rushing TD's, and ZERO interceptions.

http://www.pro-football-reference.c...&c6mult=1.0&c6comp=&order_by=pass_yds_per_att

Brady has twice as many attempts as Montana. His rate stats are not close, but he wins on volume. Kurt Warner has more attempts than Montana

Now Aikman over Montana I have no idea. Seems crazy to me

Good morning denizens of the darkness..

Jimmy putting us back to the path of sadness? Great...

Also Wienke.. I called you a ancient ginger animu accountant. That's what I called you.

Narag

List Warz

10 Steve Young
9 Kurt Warner
8 Eli Manning
7 Terry Bradshaw
6 John Elway
5 Emmitt Smith
4 Jerry Rice
3 Joe Montana
2 Troy Aikman
1 Tammy Brady

I suspect the editors got involved to remove Adam Viniatieri from #1.

Was Emmitt Smith great in any SB? My memory of the Cowboys teams was a defense that was 80mph faster than the offenses they went against. Nothing in particular about the offense stands out, as far as SBs go

I think Longevity counts for something. DeMarco Murray would kill to have the run Emmitt did, for example.

squicken

I think Longevity counts for something. DeMarco Murray would kill to have the run Emmitt did, for example.

But just by his SB performances, which is how that article said they decided on their All SB team, I don't think he should be one of the two starters

http://www.pro-football-reference.c...&c5gtlt=lt&c6mult=1.0&c6comp=&order_by=player

Emmitt has a lot of attempts, but it's nowhere near the magnitude difference that Brady has over other QBs. I would probably go with Terrel Davis, though Csonka and Thurman are also good choices

squicken

Kurt was robbed

He had such a unique career. The best way to think about his skill set is like that in auto racing. I don't think he is the guy you want trying to race a Ford Focus or Chevy Malibu. But if you have an awesome F1 machine, put him in the seat. He's going to get everything out of that you can get. He's Michael Schumacher or Niki Lauda

Look at how bad Ken Whisenhunt is as a head coach and he dragged that dude to a SB

Striker

Hang on to a 33 year old or use the 1st round pick QB who the team traded a lot to acquire?

The offense was not great in that time to begin with, and he was only playing marginal, safe football. The problem with him in that stage was holding onto the ball too long and it killed drives. For instance, he got sacked 24 times in his final four starts, including 8 fumbles (3 lost).

Kurt Warner's biggest problem was he took such a beating in St. Louis that he was basically held together with chewing gum by the end of his time there. I don't think he ever got healthy again, even in Arizona and definitely not in New York. He wasn't bad in New York but his hand was still fucked and he kept fumbling iirc.

When he was in the zone he was better than any QB I've ever seen, it was incredible. Squicken is right about his career being odd as well, got to the Owl with two loser franchises and gave his team the lead late in all of them only to see his defence fuck it up. Could have three rings and be talked about for GOAT status by the media but he's also one yard away from being 0-3 in Owls.

I think the stat goes something like he only started 16 regular season games twice in his career and his team got to the Owl both those years. If only he wasn't made of glass/Mike Martz hadn't killed him :(

MechDX

Jeff Risdon ‏@JeffRisdon 8h8 hours ago
Watching an NFL head coach leave a bar with two young, fairly unattractive ladies >>>

Jeff Risdon ‏@JeffRisdon 8h8 hours ago
Jeff Risdon Retweeted Luiz
It is not Mike Tomlin but that would be awesome

Guesses?

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 10h10 hours ago
Carson Wentz's QB coach said the #Bills visited campus to see him as much as any team in the league. There's been interest for a while.

He is going high

squicken

-Sean Payton

-Bills disrespecting Tyrod smh

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane
#Eagles and OL Lane Johnson are putting the finishing touches on a contract extension that could be completed today, NFL sources said.

-With Warner, if you look at the other great SB QBs, alongside is also some great coach. Bradshaw and Noll. Montana/Walsh(system). BB/TB12

With Kurt he did it with two different teams, both of which were clown franchises at the time he took them to the SB

-NYG definitely did the right thing playing Eli. Such a weird part of Warner's career, and what I think has delaying his HoF selection

MechDX

Some of the reactions to that tweet:

@LtDanFootball @JeffRisdon Reid thinks there's plenty of time before last call. Finally realizes it's 2:45 & the good looking ones are gone.

@JeffRisdon it's Carroll
@JeffRisdon dude didn't run it at the 1. He makes all kinds of bad decisions

@JeffRisdon jim caldwell : " i left the bar with two ugly chicks..and things of that nature"
@JeffRisdon jim caldwell: " we went to there house and they did a pass my balls back and forth sort of thing"

@JeffRisdon sounds like zimmer. Seems like the type of guy to nail anything.\

@JeffRisdon probably Mularkey - given what he's being paid, best he could do

Draxal

Dude was fucking increadible and he probably could have had a run with the giants if he didn't get injured or the mannings politicking their way up the ladder.

Warner and Huffnagle were not a fit together. Neither was Manning and Huffnagle.

Tom Penny

List Warz

10 Steve Young
9 Kurt Warner
8 Eli Manning
7 Terry Bradshaw
6 John Elway
5 Emmitt Smith
4 Jerry Rice
3 Joe Montana
2 Troy Aikman
1 Tammy Brady

Montana cant be touched unless you get 5 rings or win 4 sb with a 11-0 td / int ratio. Good luck on that. Aikman at 2 is humerous as his hall of fame career

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom