• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

900x900px-LL-850aa343_DylanDreyer-ThickThighsBubbleButtInSweaterPants11-9-13.gif

Zmp12Il.gif

Here are the guys the Eagles are interested in for their FO job:

Brandon Hunt

Morocco Brown (ex-Browns and Redskins dir. of player personnel)

Dwayne Joseph (current Eagles FO exec)

Mark Domenik (ex Bucs FO exec, current ESPN analyst)

MechDX

Matt Miller saying he got "inside sources" the Texans will use all early picks on offense.

Duh? If it actually happens it will be a first. 7 defensive starters this past year were former first rounders

Striker

Eagles

The Eagles announced they have agreed to terms on a six-year contract with offensive tackle Lane Johnson. The new contract keeps Johnson in Philadelphia through 2021.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports the deal is worth up to $63 million with $35.5 million in guarantees, per a source involved in the situation. Earlier this week, the Eagles signed tight ends Zach Ertz and Brent Celek to long-term contract extensions.

Farooq

Banned
Just saw this and thought it was kinda a interesting fact

It shows. There are certain QB traits that I think only come from experience playing the position, feel for the pocket is one of them. Watching Goff navigate the pocket is a treat. Wentz needs so much more refinement. When in doubt refer to Walsh.

David Shaw said:
That conversation [with Walsh about what he looked for in a quarterback] is still my basis for evaluating QBs. I have to see the QB have a "feel" for moving in the pocket; he must have great anticipation for throwing the ball and be at his best in critical situations when the game is on the line.

Goff can throw with anticipation and has a great feel for moving in the pocket.

Line_HTX

Is there any player that Line doesn't call a dumb bitch or have some dumb nickname for?

Well, in this case he did Houston wrong by saying the team was disrespectful during the singing of the national anthem... Otherwise I just call others by different insults, lol

X-Files is really hitting a nice little stride in s2
It shows. There are certain QB traits that I think only come from experience playing the position, feel for the pocket is one of them. Watching Goff navigate the pocket is a treat. Wentz needs so much more refinement. When in doubt refer to Walsh.

Goff can throw with anticipation and has a great feel for moving in the pocket.
Can't say that I usually focus on Qbs feet in the pocket but seeing Goff play a couple times this year one thing that jumps out on Tv is his feet. He's super active in the pocket. Couldn't help but compare that to Wentz and current qbs on the Browns like Billy.
I'm on Goff but all the Wentz stuff is getting interesting, excited for senior bowl.

Line_HTX

I dunno

He seems to have a raging hard on for Rodgers for some reason. Guess he's still mad about that time we destroyed them at Reliant.

I forgot that even happened, haha. I simply got fed up with him drawing Neutral Zone Infractions at an almost record pace.

:p

Mindlog

Whatever it takes! #ComeBackJon
He's working behind the scenes.
Bucs OC Monken to make WR Evans’ drops a top priority
By Roy Cummings | Tribune Staff
Published: January 29, 2016

TAMPA — Todd Monken may be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ offensive coordinator in name, but with head coach Dirk Koetter planning to call the offensive plays. Monken has another job he says is more important.

Monken, who carries the dual title of coordinator/wide receivers coach, admitted during an introductory news conference Thursday that his top priority will be to coach up the Bucs’ wide receivers.

One of top jobs there is to find a way to pare Mike Evans’ penchant for dropping passes.

Evans led the NFL with 11 drops during the 2015 season, according to SportingCharts.com, and Monken says he’ll take it “personally’’ if Evans continues to drop passes at that rate in 2016.
I mean that kind of strategery can only come from the man behind the curtains.
I hope next season doesn't suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom