• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Everyone and their mom knew that Sanchez was going to get cut. Yet Howie was still able to get some value for him. Not only did they get a pick, but they saved an extra $1M in cap space. It's a good trade, given the circumstances.

So Howie got rid of Butt Fumble, and replaced him with a worse QB for more money an a conditional 7th. Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

MechDX

Friendemy Remember when you left early in the season, and you came back and spinned it like Dega and Line were the bad fans?

Yeah no one else remembers that either :/

I was angry and left, not denying that. I also I jumped the gun on o Brien too soon . Probably from the modmmentality here. So basically it's all everyone else's fault.

Hope you're happy.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I am one of the one's that said they would regress.

They need to offset any losses on D, with offense.

Make no mistake, the road to repeat is difficult I understand. Even the division is going to be up for grabs next year.

Just correcting inaccuracies.

That's fine. The team will be different. We'll get a QB, and life will go on. Nobody expects a repeat, at least I don't.

Whatever. When are you ditching that terrible avy for a Sanchize one?

I was angry and left, not denying that. I also I jumped the gun on o Brien too soon . Probably from the modmmentality here. So basically it's all everyone else's fault.

Hope you're happy.
I'm not :/
readImage

Except that in Trevathan's case, his backup supplanted him for a large portion of the time he was hurt and filled in fine. They are okay there with plenty of LB depth.

Malik is a unique player, we'll miss him sure. They'll find someone to fill for him, if they don't already have it with Anunike.

It's not a gut, you used a terrible word to describe it without knowing the details. So man up to your mistake.

Losing even one starter is a blow to any defense.

When the Steelers won the Super Bowl in 08 they lost Troy Polamalu to injury opening day the next year for 9 weeks. The team suffered heavily for it.

Packers fans still bitch about losing Nick Collins, from their 2010 Championship D, which was never the same after that.

Every single year the Super Bowl winning team hand waves losing starters. That is a big deal. I used the right word.

Greg

When the Steelers won the Super Bowl in 08 they lost Troy Polalamu to injuryopening day the next year for 9 weeks. The team suffered heavily for it.

Packers fans still bitch about losing Nick Collins, from their 2010 Championship D, which was never the same after that.

Every single year the Super Bowl winning team hand waves losing starters. That is a big deal. I used the right word.
Collins :'(((((((((((((((

Hope you're happy.

You wanted O'Brien fired over Ryan Mallett.

Even Ryan Mallett sleeps on Ryan Mallett.

squicken

I generally agree that Denver can offset the backstep they will take on defense with just getting some competent QB play. But Malik was dominant in the SB. It's hard to replace special players.

Elway is to be commended for putting together a SB team, but he has made mistakes this offseason. Bad tender on CJ and misreading Brock's intentions. Would he re-sgin Malik with that money and go with Hoyer/Sanchez if he could do it again?

Godslay

Banned

When the Steelers won the Super Bowl in 08 they lost Troy Polamalu to injury opening day the next year for 9 weeks. The team suffered heavily for it.

Sure.

Losing a couple starters isn't a gutting. I'm not going to get into a semantics battle with you.

They'll have replacements, and yes the defense will regress. How much so remains to be seen.

Eleuin

Packer's two compensatory picks are in the 4th, I think one of the picks was projected to be in the 5th so thats cool

More players like sitton or daniels but less McMillian pls

Top Bottom