• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Also amusing is the Eagles fans wetting their pants over bottom tier draft picks. Better than nothing sure, but a penny is better than nothing and we don't freak out over that "value."

In 2012 the Eagles traded Asante Samuel for a 7th round pick and drafted Bryce Brown. In 2014 the Eagles traded him to the Bills for a 4th round pick. Last year they traded that pick to the Lions for a 3rd round pick this year. A 7th round pick turned into a 3rd round pick in four years.

7th round picks are not necessarily valueless. It's about growing your investments. Learn 2 GM.

BREAKING RAVENS NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

cpYqSxT.png

You're talking past, I'm talking present and future. Elway has delivered 1 SB as a GM and many of the key pieces from that run are now gone. Also, Mark Sanchez is currently the best QB on the roster.

Just calling it like I see it.

They lost one key piece in that run. Peyton Manning. All the other players that have been lost have been supporting cast.

Let's be completely honest - The chances of the Broncos winning another Super Bowl in the next 3-5 years are slim anyway.

The Defense that carried them there has been gutted, and while Peyton was on his last gasp at QB he was still Peyton Manning and knew how to control an offense.Unless Elway manages to get some QB wunderkind in the draft this is likely the last you'll hear of the Broncos as serious contenders for years.

LOL

NoFlyZone still intact
Plus our rookies Shaq Barrett and Shane Ray will get better
We got VMVP, DWare,Wolfe, Sly, and we will be fine.

chadskin

AdamSchefter: Major QB development: former Redskins QB Robert Griffin III is scheduled to visit the NY Jets later today, league source tells ESPN.

no no no

MechDX

In response to Elways Sanchez tweet:
EatDatPussy445 ‏@OGEatDatPussy 10m10 minutes ago
@johnelway @Ike58Reese john elway just stfu bitch! you know his ass fucking sucks dick!! get that fucking politic playing shit outta here

gutshot

Jeff McLane @Jeff_McLane
49ers among several teams interested in Mark Sanchez, per NFL sources. Existence of market explains why #Eagles avoided straight release.

Chip gonna get his boy! Kaep still in play, Broncos fans!

Jeff McLane @Jeff_McLane
49ers among several teams interested in Mark Sanchez, per NFL sources. Existence of market explains why #Eagles avoided straight release.

Chip gonna get his boy! Kaep still in play, Broncos fans!
So Broncos get Sanchez and then Sanchez is traded for Squidward.

Edit: what if they got Sanchez in order to bring back Tebow as a starter.

JaseMath

This is perfect: the Broncos will tank this year. They'll trade up to a little to sign Christian McCaffrey in the 2017 draft. They'll acquire Andrew Luck in free agency.

John was right, this is a step in the process...
uwRIWum.gif

What does "fine" mean? Do you think the Broncos will contend for a repeat this year?

Lots of non playoff teams have great defenses.

Don't think so just because of the Colts w Andrew Luck. Pats. Steelers as well but they can't seem to stay healthy near the end of seasons anymore so who knows. Andrew Luck missing the playoffs just changed the balance of power in the AFC. Dude knows our defense.

Our defense will not be the reason why the Broncos will be bad, our defense might be better in all phases to be quite honest even in the secondary. The lack of consistency from the offense side will be our demise. No way that gets the job done 2 years in a row.

Furyous

Oh man. Miko's response to why her Twitter is gone:

CdSeBKhWAAAEY5s.jpg:large

Did the Bucs "encourage" her to avoid appearing on certain podcasts as well? Something tells me her statements on Tax Season had something to do with the decision to cut bait with the pro bowl cornerback. Just found out about her birthday cake via PFT and I am now starting up my Arizer Air to ponder the universe about the steps I need to take to find me such a nice wholesome spouse.

The Sanchez has come to Denver. Sanchez relocating to Denver has me ready to relocate their as the combination of altitude and now legally sanctioned medicinal is intriguing. BRB as I google the effects of getting high at high altitudes.

Browns got compensatory picks!!!
Don't fuck it up by trading for Kaep.

MechDX

Don't think so just because of the Colts w Andrew Luck. Pats. Steelers as well but they can't seem to stay healthy near the end of seasons anymore so who knows. Andrew Luck missing the playoffs just changed the balance of power in the AFC. Dude knows our defense.

Our defense will not be the reason why the Broncos will be bad, our defense might be better in all phases to be quite honest even in the secondary. The lack of consistency from the offense side will be our demise. No way that gets the job done 2 years in a row.

You dont know the long and storied history of Wade's defenses do you?

Godslay

Banned
You're talking past, I'm talking present and future. Elway has delivered 1 SB as a GM and many of the key pieces from that run are now gone. Also, Mark Sanchez is currently the best QB on the roster.

Just calling it like I see it.

Oh just 1 SB as a GM? Sounds terrible. I'm sure the Browns, Texans, and Phins would be fine with that, even if they tore down the ineffective offense a year later.

The key pieces were on the defense. In the sense, they are fine.

The offense is getting scrapped obvious, as it was junk last year as the numbers can attest to.

Sanchez is fine, if he's not part of a bigger deal, he'll be a vet to the inevitable draft pick.

2 starters is gutting friends.

Except that in Trevathan's case, his backup supplanted him for a large portion of the time he was hurt and filled in fine. They are okay there with plenty of LB depth.

Malik is a unique player, we'll miss him sure. They'll find someone to fill for him, if they don't already have it with Anunike.

It's not a gut, you used a terrible word to describe it without knowing the details. So man up to your mistake.

You dont know the long and storied history of Wade's defenses do you?

Neither do you apparently. For Wade or Kubes. You were wrong on both multiple times last year, and wrong altogether when they won the Superbowl.

Except that in Trevathan's case, his backup supplanted him for a large portion of the time he was hurt and filled in fine. They are okay there with plenty of LB depth.

Malik is a unique player, we'll miss him sure. They'll find someone to fill for him, if they don't already have it with Anunike.

It's not a gut, you used a terrible word to describe it without knowing the details. So man up to your mistake.

Malik is a great player but he wasn't the best run defender on the defensive line and he wasn't in the top three pass rushers. He played consistently well all season but the best thing he did was to deflect passes at the line. He was tied for second in passes defended for defensive linemen.

That part of his game will be missed but I think the Broncos can replace the rest of his game.

Danny had a motor but he's replaceable as well.

Oh just 1 SB as a GM? Sounds terrible. I'm sure the Browns, Texans, and Phins would be fine with that, even if they tore down the ineffective offense a year later.

The key pieces were on the defense. In the sense, they are fine.

The offense is getting scrapped obvious, as it was junk last year as the numbers can attest to.

Sanchez is fine, if he's not part of a bigger deal, he'll be a vet to the inevitable draft pick.
Paint me as a pessimistic doomsayer all you want but I think most of us see the writing on the wall.

Godslay

Banned
Slay, you remind me of me during the offseason after the Ravens won the Superbowl.

I am one of the one's that said they would regress.

They need to offset any losses on D, with offense.

Make no mistake, the road to repeat is difficult I understand. Even the division is going to be up for grabs next year.

Just correcting inaccuracies.

Paint me as a pessimistic doomsayer all you want but I think most of us see the writing on the wall.

That's fine. The team will be different. We'll get a QB, and life will go on. Nobody expects a repeat, at least I don't.

Draxal

You're welcome, dude has been spot on so far.

I think he gave a little too much shit to Gilbride, but he's spot on how bad the current batch of WRS for the Giants.

It's pretty much why Coughlin didn't bench Beckham for that game against the Panthers, coaching for his life and he's the only skill player we had on offense.

MechDX

Neither do you apparently. For Wade or Kubes. You were wrong on both multiple times last year, and wrong altogether when they won the Superbowl.

The offense was lackluster and predictable and wades first year defense was good. How was I wrong? Look at every place wade was the DC all his defenses regress. Fact.

squicken

Howie's best offseason move is getting up to 8. There will be a talent falloff around 10. It's the same in every draft. If they somehow get Myles Jack that would be amazing, though I don't think he'll last that long

Use the Sanchez savings on re-signing Carroll/Thurmond

Top Bottom