• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

gutshot

I dunno, how many Eagles fans have flip flopped over hating/loving Roseman?

Zero, in this thread at least. Yankee and effzee are the only ones who seem really against the guy and continue to be. The rest of us are willing to give him a chance.

Yeah he's always been good at cap and deals but this offseason is some next level shit

Can you imagine how pissed off he must have been when Chip just straight up released DeSean? Howie probably could have gotten a first round pick and more for him.

How many people have said that the Eagles would never be able to trade Maxwell/Murray/Sanchez/etc.? And yet Howie continues to get value out of guys everyone knows we don't want any more. Amazing.

Did anyone even consider trading butt fumble as a possibility? Howie got something for Murray because he is one year removed from winning a rushing championship, he agreed to restructure his contract, and all the Eagles got was to move up 12 spots in the 4th round. Howie da gawd!

To give away Maxwell he had to include Kiko, who looked great as a rookie and now is 2 years removed from his ACL surgery. None of those moves is the least bit impressive. When Chip traded away talented players with bad contracts and other concerns, he was an idiot racist, when Howie does the exact same thing he is a genius.

Godslay

Banned
notJasonBourne_zps7a06fccd.gif

I wonder if Kubes sleeps with the Lombardi and dreams of Rick Smith's ass pic?

Yes give me a few and I'll post it

Thank you, sir. Curious to give it a read.

On the Giants front:

If the Seattle Seahawks are a DVOA dynasty, then the New York Giants are an AGL dynasty after leading the NFL in adjusted games lost to injury for the third consecutive season. Not only have these been league-leading totals, but they are the three-highest totals in our database going back to 2000. Needless to say, there will not be a fireworks display to celebrate this unfathomable achievement. No other team had led in back-to-back years since 2000, because injuries are expected to regress towards the mean. But for the Giants, 2015 was just another year of black-and-blue hurt with no postseason play.

If you ever wonder why our strength and conditioning coach was replaced.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2016/2015-adjusted-games-lost

Tom Coughlin getting this team to 6 wins and to have them in a position to have won at least 4 more is unfathomable to me considering what he was given.

BUTT FUMBLE.

NO
NO
CMON NO

LOL
LOL
NO
:(

hold me godslay tell me it's going to be alright
*lays in the fetal position*

I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos go into camp with 4 quarterbacks.

I'm sorry but if you are a Broncos fan trying to spin this you are deluding yourself. This is a disaster.

It's not that bad. I think that Elway will keep a strong team together and grab a good QB when one becomes available. It's bound to happen sooner or later.

Draxal

Zero, in this thread at least. Yankee and effzee are the only ones who seem really against the guy and continue to be. The rest of us are willing to give him a chance.

Can you imagine how pissed off he must have been when Chip just straight up released DeSean? Howie probably could have gotten a first round pick and more for him.

I've been down as a Howie fan since day one. Never bought into the media bullshit about him.

I still trust Elway.

It will work out.

Like I said before no worries here.
You are my bro, slay, but talk is cheap. I'd love to be proven wrong but I think we have witnessed the peak of Elway's stint as a GM.

I think you aren't worrying because you're a chill dude and you guys just won a SB. :)

I'm sorry but if you are a Broncos fan trying to spin this you are deluding yourself. This is a disaster.

If it's 2012 on and you're convincing yourself having Mark Sanchez on your roster is even within the distance of being a good thing, history shows you're already doomed

Like I said, this is post 2012 SB Champ Ravens levels of self destruction. Everybody's got their ring, and everybody's bailing (Osweiler/Peyton vs Reed/Lewis/Jones/etc) or about to get super paid and fuck the team over in the process (Von vs Flacco). You didn't need to add Stupid Trades to the list, but they did and they aren't helping. But hey, look at all those playoff wins post-Buttfumble Jets and Eagles got. I'm sure those rings Chip and Rex got for bravely having Sanchez lead them to glory were worth it because of how successful a move it was.

Also amusing is the Eagles fans wetting their pants over bottom tier draft picks. Better than nothing sure, but a penny is better than nothing and we don't freak out over that "value."

Hindl

Yeah that would've been huge. In retrospect that was probably the beginning of the Chip Howie feud

i got my diploma today so i decided to celebrate by coming back and putting every animu on ignore!

Congrats!

Who the fuck is Dallas' backup QB going to be? Wentz future is brightening...

Also amusing is the Eagles fans wetting their pants over bottom tier draft picks. Better than nothing sure, but a penny is better than nothing and we don't freak out over that "value."

It's more unloading his contract. Save an extra $1.5M this year for trading instead of cutting

Godslay

Banned
You are my bro, slay, but talk is cheap. I'd love to be proven wrong but I think we have witnessed the peak of Elway's stint as a GM.

I think you aren't worrying because you're a chill dude and you guys just won a SB. :)

There is no talk, only hardware.

Elway has delivered 3 SB.

That's why I'm chill.

MechDX

The #Seahawks locked up punter Jon Ryan to a 4-year deal worth $10M, source said. He gets a $2.4M signing bonus.

Russell and the Hawks just keep winning!

#Blessed

Let's be completely honest - The chances of the Broncos winning another Super Bowl in the next 3-5 years are slim anyway.

The Defense that carried them there has been gutted, and while Peyton was on his last gasp at QB he was still Peyton Manning and knew how to control an offense.Unless Elway manages to get some QB wunderkind in the draft this is likely the last you'll hear of the Broncos as serious contenders for years.

gutshot

Everyone and their mom knew that Sanchez was going to get cut. Yet Howie was still able to get some value for him. Not only did they get a pick, but they saved an extra $1M in cap space. It's a good trade, given the circumstances.

MechDX

Man us Broncos fans are cursed. If only we had a roster wizard like Rick Smith.

Other than recently he has been average. But the media saying Elway is a genious for walking away from Brock and not really wanting him that much when he kept raising the numbers and stopping at 16.5 a year for him is ridiculous

Godslay

Banned
Let's be completely honest - The chances of the Broncos winning another Super Bowl in the next 3-5 years are slim anyway.

The Defense that carried them there has been gutted, and while Peyton was on his last gasp at QB he was still Peyton Manning and knew how to control an offense.Unless Elway manages to get some QB wunderkind in the draft this is likely the last you'll hear of the Broncos as serious contenders for years.

Gutted?

We lost Jackson and Trevathan...

9/11 starters on D return.

They have lost two starters on defense....

Say one thing about the offseason: it's never boring

Will always treasure that time we got Dumervil because of a bad fax machine in the 2010s <3

There is no talk, only hardware.

Elway has delivered 3 SB.

That's why I'm chill.
You're talking past, I'm talking present and future. Elway has delivered 1 SB as a GM and many of the key pieces from that run are now gone. Also, Mark Sanchez is currently the best QB on the roster.

Just calling it like I see it.

Top Bottom