• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Godslay

Banned
You already did hombre.

Look at the first Superbowl defense in the PM era, and how it was scrapped and rebuilt to what it was last year. That is an example of a defense that was gutted, torn down and rebuilt. Not losing two starters.

Nobody is expecting the same out of the defense next year, as it's incredibly difficult to play at that level yoy. They'll field a good defense, even with those guys gone. Secondary is still good, DL and LBs are largely intact. They'll be fine.

I think it's obvious on the offense, that it's being scrapped and they are going young. More scheme specific too. Boo hoo I guess.

Broncos aren't done will gather another QB.

Oh boy this nightmare never ends

Welcome to the post Manning era. They'll find a guy.

Denver gets 3rd, 4th and 6th round picks. Nice.

Yeah, up to 10 picks now.

j-wood

Ok GAF. I need an expert with Photoshop.

What if, in addition to Sanchez, the Broncos sign Johnny football. They would make the perfect cop buddy movie!

Instead of Sanchez having the dirty Sanchez mustache like you would think, put that on Manziel and give him Aviators. Sanchez plays the no nonsense straight cop. Manziel keeps putting them in crazy situations.

Fox318

Give us the Tebow back we had before your city ruined his perfection!

bKgK7.jpg

Godslay

Banned
Bronco fans are getting the guy that people think is worse than this

cau5W.gif

I highly doubt he'll be the starter.

Some rumors are saying that if he's not a vet backup, he'll be a component of a Kaep deal. If Kelly wants Sanchez again, there is no way he'd be able to deal with Philly. Elway picking him up is that bridge.

We'll see what happens though.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It's a PDF I bought, from https://twitter.com/Cianaf, he broke down every pass last year, I'll post cutler in a bit.

lol no, read Staffords review, dude is terrible

When the hell did these stupid charts become the be all, end all of QB discussion?

You see a chart and all of the sudden Stafford is terrible? Does that chart take into account his 32nd ranked running game? The fact he was hit about as much as any QB in the league? Or the fact he changed coordinators mid season?

Does the chart show his 19 TD redzone passes and 0 INT ratio?

I think Tannehill is a decent QB, who has some potential, but to even compare his career to Stafford's is a joke. Stafford has had a far more consistent career with less, has had more 4th quarter comebacks than just about any QB since entering the league and is more physically gifted than Tannehill will ever be. Only advantage I would give over Stafford is his running ability.

Spinluck

Pretty funny to see Grigson play it safe as fuck this year lol. If this was last year or two years ago, we would've overpaid like 3 guys past their prime.

Amazing how some people here spin things and all is well and some are mocked.

What are your trying to say, we talk shit but I thought we were bros.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
NFL officially gives the Lions two compensatory picks.

Detroit Lions add 2 compensatory draft picks, now sitting on 10 overall

Detroit added one selection in the third round, and another in the sixth. Those picks are Nos. 95 and 210 overall, respectively.

The Lions' biggest loss was All-Pro defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, who bolted for a record pay day in Miami. They also were credited with losing TE Kellen Davis, DT Nick Fairley and OL Garrett Reynolds, while gaining only CB Josh Wilson.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...d_2_compensato.html#incart_river_mobile_index

I would almost certainly throw a contract to Russell Okung, even with his injury risks, given our cap space and depth we have and will add through the draft.

Okung plus another high round Tackle would solidify both the LT and RT positions. We're set at Guard the only potential question mark would be Center.

When the hell did these stupid charts become the be all, end all of QB discussion?

You see a chart and all of the sudden Stafford is terrible? Does that chart take into account his 32nd ranked running game? The fact he was hit about as much as any QB in the league? Or the fact he changed coordinators mid season?

Does the chart show his 19 TD redzone passes and 0 INT ratio?

I think Tannehill is a decent QB, who has some potential, but to even compare his career to Stafford's is a joke. Stafford has had a far more consistent career with less, has had more 4th quarter comebacks than just about any QB since entering the league and is more physically gifted than Tannehill will ever be. Only advantage I would give over Stafford is his running ability.

Yes it takes that and more into account, if you read them you'd see that

_woLf

NFL officially gives the Lions two compensatory picks.

Detroit Lions add 2 compensatory draft picks, now sitting on 10 overall

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...d_2_compensato.html#incart_river_mobile_index

I would almost certainly throw a contract to Russell Okung, even with his injury risks, given our cap space and depth we have and will add through the draft.

Okung plus another high round Tackle would solidify both the LT and RT positions. We're set at Guard the only potential question mark would be Center.

you leave okung alone pal he's coming back to seattle for cheap >:|

I'd rather take my chart of watching Stafford play since 2009 and how he's played given the circumstances of taking over the worst team in NFL history and how the roster was built around him.

So the Lions have had 7 years of building a roster around a great QB like Stafford and an all time great WR like Megatron, so why hasnt it worked? Hell even butt fumble won a bunch of playoff games. Has there ever been an all time great QB that finished his career with 0 playoff wins?

Poor Stafford had Megatron while Tannehill was blessed with all time greats Hartline and Wallace at WR1. :( :( :(

Poor Stafford had a bad o-line and got hit a lot while Tannehill had all time greats Dallas Thomas and John Fox blocking for him. :( :( :(

Don't forget HOF head coach Philbin.

I'd rather take my chart of watching Stafford play since 2009 and how he's played given the circumstances of taking over the worst team in NFL history and how the roster was built around him.

Ah yes the Gif Evaluation™, top notch stuff.

Who will win a playoff game first: Stafford or Tannehill?

Tannehill
When he goes to the Cowboys next year!

Poor Stafford had Megatron while Tannehill was blessed with all time greats Hartline and Wallace at WR1. :( :( :(

Poor Stafford had a bad o-line and got hit a lot while Tannehill had all time greats Dallas Thomas and John Fox blocking for him. :( :( :(

Stafford has had a raw deal in the NFL. How many other quarterbacks have a guy who can consistently beat double team coverage all day? All of them. Why couldn't Megatron consistently beat triple team coverage and help Stafford out once and a while?

What a bum.

Top Bottom