• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

squicken

http://www.wthr.com/story/31459828/...ll-freeman-calls-out-former-colt-coby-fleener

Former Colt Jerrell Freeman calls out former Colt Coby Fleener

It’s probably safe to assume that several Colts did not appreciate Coby Fleener’s recent assertion that some players “went along for the ride’’ last year when the former tight end spoke after his free-agent signing with the New Orleans Saints.

Count former Colt Jerrell Freeman, now with the Chicago Bears after signing a free-agent contract, among those.

Here’s what he texted me Sunday night (and I cleaned up some of the language):

“Fleener, he didn’t have the (guts),’’ Freeman wrote (sort of). “That (bleep) pisses me off. And he must’ve been looking in the mirror when he did the interview.

“I despise guys like that. That’s what little girls do, talk about you when you’re not around. I’m a grown man. If I see something I don’t like, I’m going to go have a face-to-face convo with that player/players and we are going to get an understanding! I feel like I had a hand in building what’s over there (in Indianapolis), so he’s (bleeping) on me, too.

“That’s a bitch move.

“You can print all that, brotha!’’

Oh, yeah, I printed all that, brotha.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
This is not true at all. Either the Browns like Kap and think he can be a good QB for them or them dont. If it is the first, why are they haggling over money when they are so far under the cap anyway, and if it is the second why are they trading for a QB that they do not like? I dont understand it at all.

It's no different then disagreeing on what compensation they'd trade to the 49ers for him.

They could view him as someone who can help us out but if the 49ers wanted a second round pick and we said no what makes the scenario that different?

Just because we're under the cap doesn't mean we are required to throw money around just for the hell of it.

Pepiope

Nah that only matters when Chip does it. College coach something something
There is actual footage of these guys playing NFL games.

I have no problem with him picking up guys he's achieved success with before. I didn't have an issue with Chip doing it either, it just didn't work.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave,

How are the Maple Leafs so bad. I get the Browns because Cleveland, but Toronto's a hockey mecca.

Decades of trading away first round picks. One GM infamously said "draft-schmaft" when asked about the first round picks he'd traded away.

An ownership group who thinks they know hockey better than the GMs they hire and forcing them to resign certain players for money reasons and actually thinking if they were good 4 years ago they'd be good now despite getting older.

Being a decade behind the times when the NHL changed their rules and brought in a salary cap and when we did have high draft picks wasting them on character and grit versus actual skilled players.

They only learned their lesson last season and have begun a proper rebuild. Will they finally get good from this? We'll see but this is years down the road, we're only in year 1 of the first rebuild this franchise has ever had.

I'm Kave Man and this is my (sports) life.

Rocket league cross platform? Nice..

We have Greg, you're fucked.

And Larry.. It's a Dream Team combo.

Greg is the baby Jesus
Yes.

We need a new Blitz game.

I would get it day one.. I miss blitz..

I really cant believe how badly the Browns have botched this. Just the other day there was talk that the Browns and 9ers were close on compensation and that Kap wanted to go there. Now it comes out that the Browns wanted him to take a big pay cut which is ridiculous since they have a ton of cap space. Browns are going go into the season with No QB because they didnt want to pay Kap $15m this year. I hope Denver gets him because I think he could still be good there.

One, yes you can
Two, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Fantomex

Rams COO on them being quiet in free agency:

We have a lot of free agents of our own that we’re trying to re-sign. We always planned - when we started this process - that with the youngest team in the NFL, when it came up for contracts, we wanted to be able to re-sign all our own. So of our $60M, almost all of it is earmarked for our own guys.

Why so quiet in free agency this year?
I will say, we’ve been really crappy in free agency. I’ve written a lot of bad deals. We just haven’t found a lot of success in free agency. And so I think there’s a buyer beware in all of that, in terms of going out and buying other people’s players, that we just haven’t figured out.

Admitting mistakes? I can get used to this!

One, yes you can
Two, it's not necessarily a bad thing.
The situation shouldn't be read as the Browns are in the wrong or always screwing stuff up. The trade talks weren't even initially started by the Browns. 9ers approached Browns at the combine. With really just Mccown on the roster there Browns are intrigued by Kaep but not all in. Gauging the situation for the right price and and money, even if they did trade for Kaep it dosent mean the team is all in on him, hence why the restructuring has to occur. Even if they did acquire Kaep it dosent mean another Qb would be out of the question. If the Browns were on in on him they could have completed a trade with the money he wanted

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Competition committee to look at QB protection

Saw this coming during the year. I eventually think the change will be really dramatic. Defenses are catching up with offenses. What people think is a proliferation of scoring is largely fueled by more accurate placekicking. My guess is whatever they do won't work and scoring will be down in 2016

Just have another lockout and offenses will score more.

2011 was crazy.

CdhRZqMVIAA0OOW.jpg

lol how? Player wise we're pretty much the same team minus a running back (for now) and we let Jason Fox go which is a positive, We'd probably tie 9-9 or something if the current team played the 2015 team.

The situation shouldn't be read as the Browns are in the wrong or always screwing stuff up. The trade talks weren't even initially started by the Browns. 9ers approached Browns at the combine. With really just Mccown on the roster there Browns are intrigued by Kaep but not all in. Gauging the situation for the real right price and and money, even if they did trade for Kaep it dosent mean the team is all in on him, hence why the restructuring has to occur. Even if they did acquire Kaep it dosent mean another Qb would be out of the question. If the Browns were on in on him they could have completed a trade with the money he wanted

What if the Browns take Hackenberg.

Chip is gone,

Sadly that is true. :(

#BringBackChip

It's no different then disagreeing on what compensation they'd trade to the 49ers for him.

They could view him as someone who can help us out but if the 49ers wanted a second round pick and we said no what makes the scenario that different?

Just because we're under the cap doesn't mean we are required to throw money around just for the hell of it.

Of course they are not required to throw money around I just meant if they liked a guy why squabble of a few million dollars and potentially piss off the guy. I guess if they dont really like him it makes more sense.

Beach

Over Weddle at this point. It's clear that the Raiders are offering the most money. He wants to go to the Steelers or Pats and just using Oakland for money leverage

The situation shouldn't be read as the Browns are in the wrong or always screwing stuff up. The trade talks weren't even initially started by the Browns. 9ers approached Browns at the combine. With really just Mccown on the roster there Browns are intrigued by Kaep but not all in. Gauging the situation for the real right price and and money, even if they did trade for Kaep it dosent mean the team is all in on him, hence why the restructuring has to occur. Even if they did acquire Kaep it dosent mean another Qb would be out of the question. If the Browns were on in on him they could have completed a trade with the money he wanted

I don't necessarily disagree. I don't want Kaep.. I'm just saying how Yankee can be surprised that we could fuck it up. You and I both know they'd fuck up an order of coffee.

What if the Browns take Hackenberg.
Fuck you no. I'd rather eat ketchup rice than see that fuck on the browns.

Hindl

Makes no sense if he really wanted to play for a contender. Steelers or Pats would make more sense.

Must just want to hang out with Flacco

It's a little shocking, but need to see the contract first. Maybe the Ravens just gave him a deal too good to pass up. He's nearing the end of his career so maybe he's just trying to make as much as he can. Goes against his Super Bowl contender story though

JABEE

Decades of trading away first round picks. One GM infamously said "draft-schmaft" when asked about the first round picks he'd traded away.

An ownership group who thinks they know hockey better than the GMs they hire and forcing them to resign certain players for money reasons and actually thinking if they were good 4 years ago they'd be good now despite getting older.

Being a decade behind the times when the NHL changed their rules and brought in a salary cap and when we did have high draft picks wasting them on character and grit versus actual skilled players.

They only learned their lesson last season and have begun a proper rebuild. Will they finally get good from this? We'll see but this is years down the road, we're only in year 1 of the first rebuild this franchise has ever had.

I'm Kave Man and this is my (sports) life.

YF5zS4U.jpg
3lgmKrV.jpg

MechDX

Why are his nipples hard?

It's a little shocking, but need to see the contract first. Maybe the Ravens just gave him a deal too good to pass up. He's nearing the end of his career so maybe he's just trying to make as much as he can

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Ravens gave former Chargers S Eric Weddle a 4-year, $26 million deal, including $13 million in first two years, per source.

13 million guarnateed according to Rappaport

Top Bottom