• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

DMczaf

gata's father has returned.

Hopefully bionic takes gata with him when he gets back on the road and doesn't leave him with Uncle Bread again.

squicken

CdhjAYgUMAAvIXk.jpg:large

cdyhybrid

Ravens won't be as bad as last year unless they get wrecked by injuries again. Giants seem to be the only team that ends up half in the hospital every season.

MechDX

Benny Cunningham ‏@BennyCunningham 18m18 minutes ago Houston, TX
#HTown

First thought: who the hell is Benny Cunningham. Hit up Bing, search and find this

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8953/benny-cunningham

The Patriots are hosting restricted free agent RB Benny Cunningham on Thursday.
A versatile role player with passing-down and special teams value, Cunningham is a Patriots-esque "do your job" kind of player. He has 71 receptions over the past two seasons and only three drops during that span. As Cunningham was originally undrafted and received the lowest-possible tender from the Rams, Los Angeles would receive no compensation if Cunningham signed an offer sheet from New England and the Rams failed to match

BOB loking for his Edelman?

I'm watching the 30 for 30 doc on the 85 Bears and a few things pop out to me as someone who knows very little about NFL history and is a casual Vikings fan:

• Mike Ditka seems like an ass. All the archived footage, the cadence and way he talks in these interviews...yuck. Always refers to himself in the 3rd person and in one of the archived videos tries to talk about how humble he is while talking in the 3rd person and going over all of his success. What a joke.
  • Adrian Peterson is always compared to guys like Walter Payton, and finally getting around to actually seeing footage of Payton - wow. Yeah, they are both very dominant runners. There were more than a few times they'd show a Payton clip and I could remember AP doing the same damn thing on occasion.
  • When asked about CTE and the suicide of one of their old teammates, they do agree with the problems it presents and several of the players seemed to be pretty responsible about it. Very, very good to see.
  • But even after talking about it and some of the players getting emotional about it, they all agreed they would still do it all again if they got the chance. Really eye-opening for me because you'd think at least some of them would want to take it back to prevent health issues down the line.

All in all a damn good documentary.

Any other good NFL docs on Netflix that I can learn more about NFL history?

cdyhybrid

I'm watching the 30 for 30 doc on the 85 Bears and a few things pop out to me as someone who knows very little about NFL history and is a casual Vikings fan:

• Mike Ditka seems like an ass. All the archived footage, the cadence and way he talks in these interviews...yuck. Always refers to himself in the 3rd person and in one of the archived videos tries to talk about how humble he is while talking in the 3rd person and going over all of his success. What a joke.
  • Adrian Peterson is always compared to guys like Walter Payton, and finally getting around to actually seeing footage of Payton - wow. Yeah, they are both very dominant runners. There were more than a few times they'd show a Payton clip and I could remember AP doing the same damn thing on occasion.
  • When asked about CTE and the suicide of one of their old teammates, they do agree with the problems it presents and several of the players seemed to be pretty responsible about it. Very, very good to see.
  • But even after talking about it and some of the players getting emotional about it, they all agreed they would still do it all again if they got the chance. Really eye-opening for me because you'd think at least some of them would want to take it back to prevent health issues down the line.

All in all a damn good documentary.

Any other good NFL docs on Netflix that I can learn more about NFL history?
I hear the Bo Jackson one was good.

Wes

venison crêpe
Business trips are such a mixed bag.

Dinner for free? Brilliant.
Eating out alone? Sucks.

Just here reading Browns news on my phone.

bionic77

Good to be back.

What did I miss while I was away?

Since Gata started snitching I think I have been banned like 3 times in the past 12 months or so. Was never banned for like 10+ years before that. It sucks that the fort is no longer safe. I now have to choose between the truth and safety. :(

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I know it's only Gruden's Football Camp, but Carson Wentz looks pretty good. Footwork, moving in the pocket, arm strength...he looks like a solid prospect. Has the size as well at 6'5, 235 lbs. But the competition he faced at North Dakota State isn't NFL level obviously.

Gruden said he's the best QB prospect.

DMczaf

Good to be back.

Since Gata started snitching I think I have been banned like 3 times in the past 12 months or so. Was never banned for like 10+ years before that. It sucks that the fort is no longer safe. I now have to choose between the truth and safety. :(

This is what happens to inner NFL-GAF youth without a father.

You did this.

JABEE

Good to be back.

Our flock has been destroyed. A war was lost. And old men weep at the sight of an unmanned John Deere Tractor.

Visions of Vike Bikes, the turnpike, and stolen pills once captured the imagination of many.

All disturbed and eviscerated before their natural expiration. Sold and abused, they disappear in the distance. Never to be heard from again.

bionic77

Our flock has been destroyed. A war was lost. And old men weep at the sight of an unmanned John Deere Tractor.

Visions of Vike Bikes, the turnpike, and stolen pills once captured the imagination of many.

All disturbed and eviscerated before their natural expiration. Sold and abused, they disappear in the distance. Never to be heard from again.
I don't understand this post.

Is Slo or ez banned?

And DM fuck off with that joke! I ain't nobodys daddy on this board! If you want free stuff vote Bernie because I for sure ain't going to give you shit!!!!!!

JABEE

I don't understand this post.

Is Slo or ez banned?

And DM fuck off with that joke! I ain't nobodys daddy on this board! If you want free stuff vote Bernie because I for sure ain't going to give you shit!!!!!!

BigAT is also buried with Jimmy Hoffa.

Hunter S.

Weddle leaving the Chargers for the Ravens and saying he has a better shot at an Owl here. smh, dude must have completely not watched us last year at all

Weddle had a bad relationship with the Chargers. It was obvious all year. It was the most obvious was when they benched him saying he was unable to play and he was later shown running, proving that he was fit to play.

Most people probably forgot , or never knew I guess.

Ugh - tough day for the Steelers. Lose out on Weddle to the Ravens of all lackluster teams, didn't get Okung signed before he left town and now Bryant accepts his one-year suspension.

Of course, at least Bryant isn't bitch-made like Brady. Bryant did the crime, he's doing the time.

Not sure about the chasing Okung part. I'd rather be firming up the defense right now. We're still extremely thin in the DB.

Top Bottom