• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Holy crap MS bringing cross-network play.

Whoa, this is huge. I was thinking about trading in my XBO, and the vague nature of the future of Xbox combined with the lack of Japanese games but this is huge.

But the PS4 controller is so shitty especially compared to the XBO controller. Great news.

If he comes to Philly he'll be a backup, so maybe that will help with his motivation problems. Not sure if that's the right spot for him though, he'd probably start for the Saints.

He'll be backup but realize he has the talent to be a Top 5-10 DT in the league.

He's a classic 4-3 DT and a damn good one at that. It was frustrating watching him play opposite of Suh at times.

Once every four games he would completely dominate the opposing team and push back double teams.

Nick Fairley is as good as any 4-3 DT in the league when he wants to play.

I have heard this time and time again but Megatron's "sportsmanship" was something I don't think I've seen from any athlete in any sport, let alone from an NFL WR.

In a game where trash talk is intertwined with the game because of how it's played it boggles my mind when I read stories about Megatron never talking smack and actually complimenting opposing DBs when they make a nice pass breakup. The WR position has always been known as a diva position. But Calvin Johnson was something else.

Throughout his career, pre Stafford, he never threw his Coaches or QBs under the bus, even when he could've/should've especially after the 2008 season. But he never did. He never demanded a trade, never blamed teammates when 99.999% of other players, regardless of position would have.

Really going to miss him, wish he would have played one more season because this current Lions team is making a Super Bowl run, but I'm grateful to have watched him play.

stafford-statement-thumb-030815.jpg

Even with Golden Tate, Marvin Jones, Eric Ebron, Theo Riddick etc. it's going to be weird not seeing Calvin Johnson lace them up this season.

Thanks for the memories, looking forward to having
Megatron as an ambassador for the Lions franchise.

He even returned some of his signing bonus back to the Lions yesterday.

However he has trash talked before but usually when provoked. A 2011 game against when I think a player late on a touchdown and I remember in 2013 against Washington against DeAngelo Hall.

Eleuin

By the way, I'm digging The Division. I didn't think I would but I'm having a good time with it. Though I can see where the content is starting to get repetitive and I've read the end game is poor. Though I'm hoping they address that in timely fashion. I'll play until it loses me or stuff like Uncharted 4 and Quantum Break draws my attention away.

Yep, its perfectly competent at what its trying to accomplish for the most part

I've also been enjoying Stardew valley at the same time

Wow that is great news.
I'm trying to remain reserved about it. It's only being announced on the ID@Xbox channel so I don't know what the bigger implication is for AAA releases like The Division or Destiny for example. The possibility of being able to play those types of games cross-network would be amazing though. PSN/XBL bros unite, etc.

Bread

Banned
Xb1 vs PS4 gaf rocket league tourney would be so great

Greg may have us beat in racing games but I would have the upper hand in shooters

effzee

Not sure how I feel about Fairley but hey if they are interested I trust Schwarz and his judgement of Fairly plus I trust Howie to get a team friendly deal done.

Would be great depth to add to Logan and Cox.

MMQB has a great article up highlighting some of Howie's moves and philosophy. Especially great for those Eagles fans who think he "deserves a chance!".

Howie informed King he is still looking for a speed demon at WR. I have no doubt that at least one of the (2) 3rd round picks will be used on a speedy WR. Either that or they use those picks to move up into the 2nd round.

I really don't know who the Eagles would take at 8 but with what they have done in FA so far, they can technically "afford" to take the very best player available regardless of position. Elliot, Conklin, Jack, Hargreaves, Ramsey (if he slips), or whoever else is a sure top 10 talent.

Exciting to be in that position. Elliot would add a real explosive element to the skill positions, especially to compliment Mathews and Sproles, but I don't know if in this day and age you can really justify a RB that high.

I'm trying to remain reserved about it. It's only being announced on the ID@Xbox channel so I don't know what the bigger implication is for AAA releases like The Division or Destiny for example. The possibility of being able to play those types of games cross-network would be amazing though. PSN/XBL bros unite, etc.

God being able to play with people on PS4 would be amazing. It would open up a game like Black ops 3 so much.

I like the Schwartz hire for the Eagles but I am concerned that every player they have added on defense so far has a tie to him. It would be like if Chip only brought in Oregon players, it is fine to bring in guys you are comfortable with but you dont want to miss out on guys who can help just because you havent worked with them before.

Godslay

Banned
This has nothing to do with what I said. Kubiak did nothing to improve Manning's game and as such should and will be open to criticism. Period.

Uh, okay? I have no idea what this has to do with what I posted.

Fine, criticize him all you want.

His resume is pretty good no matter how hard you try.

Mindlog

What new sweet hell will today bring us?
Kimberley A. Martin Verified account
‏@KMart_LI

Forte said the #Patriots and #Packers showed "minor interest." #Bucs + #Cowboys were interested too
OK, not that bad. So far, so good.

Hindl

He'll be backup but realize he has the talent to be a Top 5-10 DT in the league.

He's a classic 4-3 DT and a damn good one at that. It was frustrating watching him play opposite of Suh at times.

Once every four games he would completely dominate the opposing team and push back double teams.

Nick Fairley is as good as any 4-3 DT in the league when he wants to play.

Yeah I haven't watched a ton of him but he seems talented. But the bolded is the key phrase here. He needs to put in the effort to reach that upper tier of DTs

He entered rehab. He has some sort of drug problem.

Yeah I saw that. But the reason the league suspended him was multiple missed drug tests. But the reason he skipped them is pretty obviously that he had a drug problem and depression.

I remember being super fucking pissed that I stayed up until almost midnight only to see my hyped up team get manhandled by the derelict wreckage of the Harbaugh era 49ers.
I had to give it a watch because it was the only time my team won last season. Next week they'll be airing Week 2 redzone style. 6 hours of it.

Now I have to bust out the Dreamcast.
I can battle in Daytona but in San Francisco Rush 2049 Track 5 extreme, I was unbeatable. I had a time where it was very impossible to defeat. Held the track record at Disneyland for at least 5 months. Then they reset the game. Lol

Is it just me or is how good their team performed factor in too heavily to a players worth in free agency?

Like the Rams secondary players
and Bengals receivers are getting huge contracts but their value seems inflated. Meanwhile guys like Prince get low balled because he came from the worst unit in the league. I know injuries play a part with him but still

how good their team performed

croc pls

Also, if we ever get Madden cross play then I'm coming out of retirement to show those PS4 scrubs how it's meant to be done.

So a 5th basically.

I really cant believe how badly the Browns have botched this. Just the other day there was talk that the Browns and 9ers were close on compensation and that Kap wanted to go there. Now it comes out that the Browns wanted him to take a big pay cut which is ridiculous since they have a ton of cap space. Browns are going go into the season with No QB because they didnt want to pay Kap $15m this year. I hope Denver gets him because I think he could still be good there.

I sent you into retirement you're staying there until I say you can return!

I wanted you to have a chance of winning the division for once in your life. I retired as an act of kindness and I have yet to receive any thanks from you. Another reminder that common decency is decidedly uncommon amongst Pats scum.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I really cant believe how badly the Browns have botched this. Just the other day there was talk that the Browns and 9ers were close on compensation and that Kap wanted to go there. Now it comes out that the Browns wanted him to take a big pay cut which is ridiculous since they have a ton of cap space. Browns are going go into the season with No QB because they didnt want to pay Kap $15m this year. I hope Denver gets him because I think he could still be good there.

How did they botch it?

They want him to take a paycut, he doesn't want to so they won't do the trade.

Let's not act like suddenly Kap being the QB for the Browns instantly makes them a playoff contender when you'd be right there with everyone else laughing at us trading for him.

How did they botch it?

They want him to take a paycut, he doesn't want to so they won't do the trade.

Let's not act like suddenly Kap being the QB for the Browns instantly makes them a playoff contender when you'd be right there with everyone else laughing at us trading for him.

This is not true at all. Either the Browns like Kap and think he can be a good QB for them or them dont. If it is the first, why are they haggling over money when they are so far under the cap anyway, and if it is the second why are they trading for a QB that they do not like? I dont understand it at all.

effzee

I like the Schwartz hire for the Eagles but I am concerned that every player they have added on defense so far has a tie to him. It would be like if Chip only brought in Oregon players, it is fine to bring in guys you are comfortable with but you dont want to miss out on guys who can help just because you havent worked with them before.

Nah that only matters when Chip does it. College coach something something

Top Bottom