• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

MV5BMTIzNzU5Mzk1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjIyMTIyMQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Use your words..

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
There is a general effort in improving moderation coverage overall, which was part of the reason for the larger number of new mods that were brought onboard compared to previous years. Community threads in particular haven't had as much coverage as the mod staff has liked.

As for this particular thread - as we all know there has been history with other sports threads, so these kinds of threads are going to have an extra level of scrutiny due to that past history.

I've been pretty clear on what the mod staff's expectations are - they realize a certain level of trash talk is part of the fun of sports threads and are fine with that. Their main concern has always been about being actively and aggressively hostile - everyone deserves a chance to post and try to partake in the community. Don't treat the thread as a bunker either, thinking it will shield you from posting whatever you want about stuff happening in other threads or other posters. If you have an issue with something, PM a mod and we'll try to address the issue.

People also need to not aggressively derail the thread when it comes to off-topic stuff, which is something that has been an issue in the past from some of the PMs I've received from you. I realize this happens often in the off-season and usually comes and goes in waves usually dying out on its own. But anything particularly egregious that results in pages and pages and pages of the stuff, whether it be anime or soccer or random girl pics or Star Wars or whatever, that shouldn't be tolerated and I do agree on that point.

But on the flip side, if there's a minor amount of off-topic stuff that pops up or someone comments on those subjects, it shouldn't be immediate met with aggressively hostile responses (i.e. beyond the usual level of shit talking) either. If it's something you think is obviously bannable and an issue, PM one of us and we'll get to it in time if we aren't around.

If anyone else has any further questions, please send me a PM.

A pretty decent summary. As for the bolded, shit talking their favorite teams and players is perfectly fine! As well as obviously dumb shit...Spin's cooking pics for example isn't necessarily protected from snark.

Appreciate the clarification!

MechDX

I am worried for Trejo. he is going delusional on twitter.

I think its because his QB is a small handed freak and his team hasnt had success since 1972. :(

Edit: I stand corrected. Hasn't had success since 1984

#Pray4Trejo

I will when I have time but can I get a TL:DR?

Does it include the fact he had the 32nd ranked running game in the league, he switched coordinators mid season or that he was hit/sacked more than probably any QB last year?

Stafford's season last year was one of the best out of all NFL QBs in numerous statistical measurements.

Things finally got rolling when Jim Bob Cooter took over the offense.

TLDR Staffords awareness rating in Madden should be a single digit.

Wasn't there a report that he was shittalking lesser paid players since they were expendable?

He said something to that effect, I believe he called out the defense, saying he was the only good one or something, not that I disagree entirely. If the defensive players have a problem I'm more than happy finding replacements for them, they all suck anyways but just to add that I was never on board with the Suh signing, it was a stupid desperate move by this man:

When's the last time anything good came out of Detroit?

60s Chevy Corvette?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Do you set up a camera on a tripod or bring a photographer when you propose? Might as well propose on the jumbotron.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Losing to the team that might break the 72 win record is choking?

Poor late game performances in 3 of the last 4 games sounds like choking to me! Westbrook's decision making in particular seems to go completely out of whack in those situations as of late.

Then of course there was this hilarity last night:

DDEBE6rl.jpg

Huh so apparently Suh isn't well liked among his teammates/FO....way to spend that 114 Million Miami...idiots.

Not really surprising since he called out his entire defense out last year. Which I don't blame him since they were especially ass towards the back half of the year and he was one of the very few competent players there.

The deal is done and he's here for at least the next year, so I hope with a year under his belt he can make more of an impact this upcoming season. He got a lot of shit last year (some well deserved considering the $$$), but he had some moments of showing he was well worth the money.

ESPN: Albert Haynesworth on condition: 'A lot of things, I just can't remember'

Brain aneurysms nearly killed former Tennessee Titans and Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth in November 2014, he told Nashville radio station 104.5 The Zone on Thursday.

"Nobody really knows: I almost died," he said while attending the Ohio Valley Conference women's basketball tournament at Municipal Auditorium. "I had two brain aneurysms that were nearly rupturing. I went and talked to my doctor in Florida, and he was like, 'Man, your blood pressure is through the roof. I'm going to admit you.' They did a lot of tests and found the aneurysm that was rupturing at that point."

Surgery resulted in an 11-day stay in intensive care at a Fort Lauderdale hospital, he said.

"I don't feel as sharp as I used to as far as problem-solving and answering questions and things," Albert Haynesworth said Thursday. "It's crazy, but hopefully as time goes on, I get better."

"I've been OK. It's really hard to remember, and I'm not saying that just because of the concussion thing," he said, referring to the number of former NFL players suffering from the effects of head trauma. "A lot of things, I just can't remember. I don't feel as sharp as I used to as far as problem-solving and answering questions and things.

"It sounds crazy, but sometimes, writing my own name, I kind of forget the signature of how I normally write. Or sending long texts, my words get backwards. It's crazy, but hopefully as time goes on, I get better."

Top Bottom