• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

bionic77

Welcome back Bionic. How you feel seeing Showtime coaching against each other last night? Michael Cooper needs to land a coaching spot somewhere.
Rambis was not really part of Showtime. He was too ugly and lacked any real skills. He was just out there to make sure that no one fucked with Magic. Fucking Jordan got him the one time that Rambis wasn't paying attention...

:(

Line_HTX

Oh god. It pisses me off when a team can't get their damn field right. Houston was a death trap. San Francisco still is.

The grass has already been permanently replaced after the Week 1 debacle. There won't be anything to complain about come Super Bowl LI.

jbug617

Banned
I forgot had my gif for bionic
SGntmzW.gif

MechDX

I believe so. I haven't seen him on twitter, either. Hope he's not sober somewhere.

I've tweeted at him in the past week and he responed. Told him when he gets drunk to tweet and not post here.

Edit: LaCanfora saying the Steelers never made an offer to Weddle

Spinluck

Good to be back.

What did I miss while I was away?

Since Gata started snitching I think I have been banned like 3 times in the past 12 months or so. Was never banned for like 10+ years before that. It sucks that the fort is no longer safe. I now have to choose between the truth and safety. :(

You need to stop saying racist people don't deserve fried chicken!

Who is Robert Ayers, and will he be just as terrible as the Defensive Ends Tampa has drafted/signed post 2002.

On a terrible Giants D he recorded the most sacks of his career last year. Solid player but couldn't keep him with the Vernon signing and hoping Owa is productive.

Indianapolis Colts linebacker D'Qwell Jackson was found guilty of simple assault Monday for punching a D.C. pizza delivery driver in the face.

Judge Wendell Gardner, Jr. found Jackson guilty in D.C. court Monday afternoon.

Jackson, who played for the University of Maryland as a college student, will be sentenced April 6. The charge carries a maximum sentence of 180 days in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.

He was charged following an incident Feb. 3, 2015 that began when Jackson got into an argument with a man over a parking spot in the 1900 block of 12th Street NW, in the U Street area, according to an arrest report.

At some point, Jackson apparently punched the victim in the face and in the back of the head.

The victim, Jose Bonilla Fuentes, told News4's Pat Collins he was blocking Jackson's parking space in an alley, but offered to move. He said Jackson threatened to kill him, so he threatened to call police, but Jackson took his phone and started kicking him.

"He hit me everywhere," said Bonilla Fuentes, then 41. "He choked me for more than one minute."

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...Punching-Delivery-Driver-in-DC-372013592.html

Fine, criticize him all you want.

His resume is pretty good no matter how hard you try.
How hard I try to do what?

Put your glasses on old man, I'm not Mech. I couldn't give less of a fuck about Kubes accomplishments or failures on the Texans. Kubiak either had no defense or no quarterback during his Texans tenure and he obviously has skill as an offensive coordinator, and his team liked him.

harSon

Banned
I would like to point out that the Patriots brought marijuana to our team.

It sucks we are never going to see our offense at full force.

:(

More than anything, I just want to see Bryant get his head in a good place - especially if the reports about him suffering from depression are true.

As for the suspension's impact on the Steelers... It's not the worst thing in the world. Antonio Brown, Wheaton, Bell, Green and Coates are a pretty damn good offensive lineup. While I'd love to have Bryant in the offense, Coates is the same type of receiver, and Green adds a great receiving threat at the TE position.

Godslay

Banned
How hard I try to do what?

Put your glasses on old man, I'm not Mech. I couldn't give less of a fuck about Kubes accomplishments or failures on the Texans. Kubiak either had no defense or no quarterback during his Texans tenure and he obviously has skill as an offensive coordinator, and his team liked him.

As the season wore on, it became more apparent that it was oil and water. Peyton was hurt, feeble and couldn't run the offense the way it's meant to be run. Really has nothing to do with Kubes not being able to coach him up. It was supposed to be a hybrid, ended up being a pared down version of Kubes offense simply because Peyton was limited in what he could do (injury and spent arm).

bionic77

More than anything, I just want to see Bryant get his head in a good place - especially if the reports about him suffering from depression are true.

As for the suspension's impact on the Steelers... It's not the worst thing in the world. Antonio Brown, Wheaton, Bell, Green and Coates are a pretty damn good offensive lineup. While I'd love to have Bryant in the offense, Coates is the same type of receiver, and Green adds a great receiving threat at the TE position.
Bryant was a huge TD threat that I was hoping would add more to his game this year instead of just being a burner.

We are being carried by AB but it would have been nice for Ben to have two reliable number one receivers to slang to when the protection was solid. We still have plenty of weapons and should be able to keep putting up points for any respectable defense to defend, but I wanted to see the super team offense on the field for an entire season. Just for once I wanted to get what I wanted but it is tough being a Steelers fan.

Bryant was a huge TD threat that I was hoping would add more to his game this year instead of just being a burner.

We are being carried by AB but it would have been nice for Ben to have two reliable number one receivers to slang to when the protection was solid. We still have plenty of weapons and should be able to keep putting up points for any respectable defense to defend, but I wanted to see the super team offense on the field for an entire season. Just for once I wanted to get what I wanted but it is tough being a Steelers fan.
Could always trade for Gordon..

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
Two more big suspensions: Source said Nick Moody and Taylor Mays suspended the first 4 games for violating @NFL policy.

Top Bottom