• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Godslay

Banned
I thought Manning runs his own offense. What does a coordinator have to do with anything?

He's never had full control. Nobody does. He does get more than most though.

The Manning offense with Moore had the fewest play concepts in the entire league. It was a simple offense. The idea was to let Manning adjust to the defense at the line, and beat you with plays that had been honed to perfection.

So in a sense, he he did run his offense.

When Kubes came, they tried to marry his O with Manning's O. It didn't work. They went with the Kubes O, but Manning couldn't run it. Not for lack of brains, but lack of brawn. It did uptick with Brock in there, but he struggled for reasons other than the offensive scheme.

If you want to inform yourself on Manning, you can read this, or buy the guys book which is pretty good too:

http://grantland.com/features/how-return-simplicity-peyton-manning-indy-offense-ignited-denver-broncos/

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Mysteriously, Stephen Tulloch remains with Lions despite $500,000 bonus

ALLEN PARK -- This one is a bit of a head-scratcher.

Veteran linebacker Stephen Tulloch announced last month that his time with the Detroit Lions was coming to an end, and there were several reports the club would make the cut official after the start of the new league year.

But the new league year started at 4 p.m. Wednesday, and Tulloch still remained a Lion when the NFL issued its transaction report Sunday evening -- even though he is owed a $500,000 bonus if he is rostered five days into the new league year.

It's unclear whether that bonus kicks in today or Monday. The Lions have declined to comment.

"We have nothing to announce," a team spokesman said in a text.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...phen_tulloch_r.html#incart_river_mobile_index

I thought Tully would be gone but we may keep him. He has lost a step, especially in coverage, but he's still great against the run and is a locker room leader.

Megatron only told three people he was probably going to retire before last season even started - Coach Caldwell, Matthew Stafford and Stephen Tulloch.

Shows how much of a locker room leader he is.

#TexansNE

dude cant catch shit!

I'm so fucking done with adding these over the hill bullshit "veteran" wide receivers which will be cut after training camp. Every fucking year, we sign some dude who was planning his retirement party, hype him up for a couple of weeks, watch him suck during pre-season games to then cut him and be left with Aaron Dobson and the Trump's America Trio of Jules, Danny and Hogan.

MechDX

I'm so fucking done with adding these over the hill bullshit "veteran" wide receivers which will be cut after training camp. Every fucking year, we sign some dude who was planning his retirement party, hype him up for a couple of weeks, watch him suck during pre-season games to then cut him and be left with Aaron Dobson and the Trump's America Trio of Jules, Danny and Hogan.

Why didn't you list Keyshawn Martin? Racist

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Josina Anderson Verified account
‏@JosinaAnderson

Meanwhile, I’m told Russell Okung is still mulling offers from the #Giants, #Lions & #Steelers, at this time.

Tom Penny

Your first mistake is thinking the Pats will invest substantial money into WR although it appears they overpaid Hogan for royally fucking up the same scenerio when Emmanual Sanders was in Pitt.

They need to get some guys for the future for jimmyor whoever the qb is.

Greg

The #Packers have signed DE Ray Drew.
decided to see what the great fans on Facebook were saying:
cvRb8dr.png

damnit

We closing the borders to Panthers-GAF and building walls all on this bitch

No new friends over here

EDIT: Dutch doubling down on the racism smh. Save this for Zwarte Piet damnit.

We closing the borders to Panthers-GAF and building walls all on this bitch

No new friends over here

EDIT: Dutch doubling down on the racism smh. Save this for Zwarte Piet damnit.

Sorry, the disrespect you showed Cam by refusing to use his name means that you no longer make those decisions. I am king of Panthers-GAF now and all are welcome.

Top Bottom