• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Fox318

tYswsPS.jpg

Hindl

I think they really need to focus on getting the line fixed first. Stanley isn't without his flaws, but he's a damn good tackle that should solidify the most important two spots on our o-line for years to come. Plus the 2017 draft is going to be loaded with talented backs like Fournette, Chubb and Cook.

On the one hand I agree, our line needs help. But I just think at 8 you take BPA, and Elliott is just a flat out better prospect. The other problem is that if we get Stanley, we're basically going to sit him. He doesn't have the tools to be a guard, so we'd basically be grabbing him and waiting for JP to get injured to throw him in. Whereas Zeke could make an immediate impact in all phases of the offense. There's enough guard talent in the later rounds to at least grab one starter, giving us a line of JP - Rookie - Kelce - Brooks - Johnson. I think surrounding Kelce with Brooks and a big rookie would benefit him too. We'd still be weak at RT if/when JP goes down, but I just think Zeke would have a bigger impact than Stanley.

And there are a ton of talented backs in 2017, I'll give you that, but I just really like Zeke as a prospect. I wouldn't be upset with Stanley, I think I just might prefer Zeke. Although there's a ton of options available at 8 that we haven't even considered too. Hell I could see Schwartz trying to grab Sheldon Rankins or A'shawn Robinson to stick in a rotation with Bennie Logan. Our depth on the DLine isn't the best behind Fletcher and Bennie. Overall I still prefer Jack or Hargreaves above everyone else, I think I just might prefer Zeke over Stanley and use the later rounds/2017 to replenish the line

I could also see Howie dishing some of our later round picks to try to move up and grab Jack

Sad but not surprising given his lifestyle

Line_HTX

They need to punish instigators on the field more harshly.

Also, forget two personal fouls. Why not just have it be three and you're done if they're considering changing behavior...

Line_HTX

This division was pretty bad all around, but the AFCS should be a huge jump in improvement.

It needs to get better because it'll be much more satisfying pummeling Luck at his best.

So Internazionale and Bayern will be playing a football match in Charlotte in July.

Time to use my totally
not legit
German and totally
legit
Italian skills to get foreign babes

EVOLUTION STUDIOS :'((((

Writing was on the wall bro

Most drawn out death of a studio ever

What is the latest mock draft from a credible source?

:jnc

Has anyone ever gone back to verify the accuracy of any of the hundreds of mock drafts available? I wonder who has the most right. Some "NFL analyst" yesterday projected the Steelers would take Paxton Lynch in the 1st round. smdh

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 20s21 seconds ago
Competition Committee made all chop blocks illegal.

RIP pure ZBS teams.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 52s53 seconds ago
Competition Committee permanently moved line of scrimmage for extra points to the defensive team’s 15-yard line.

gutshot

Guys, did you know it is JJ Watt's birthday today? Not sure if it has been mentioned in the thread yet or not but it seems pretty important so it probably should be noted!

Guys, did you know it is JJ Watt's birthday today? Not sure if it has been mentioned in the thread yet or not but it seems pretty important so it probably should be noted!

I wonder if JJ himself will say anything about it. Does anyone know if he is on any types of social media?

gutshot

I wonder if JJ himself will say anything about it. Does anyone know if he is on any types of social media?

Good question. Last I heard he had escaped to a cabin in the woods to begin training for next season. He is probably chopping wood and hauling water right now, completely out of touch with the outside world.

MechDX

Good question. Last I heard he had escaped to a cabin in the woods to begin training for next season. He is probably chopping wood and hauling water right now, completely out of touch with the outside world.

Yes there is! Its your lucky day you salty fuck!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDQx611yG3G/

#BasedJJ Want me to balance it all out with some pics of that awesome Tom Brady fellow?

Top Bottom