• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

bionic77

Cam was out there missing blocks and dropping passes? I didn't see that.

I mean, he wasn't great in that game obviously. But the only thing I'm going to blame him specifically for is not going for the loose fumble (I've already talked about why)

The rest of it? Shit happens when you go against an all-time defense, your most reliable WR starts dropping balls, your most reliable back starts putting the ball on the ground, and your offensive line decides to collectively shit the bed.
That first strip sack and score was huge.

Denver's only chance was to get the early lead and unleash their defense against Carolina. Game played out perfectly for them. I think the game is very different if Carolina scored first and PeyPey actually had to try to score or play from behind.

The play for that score was a great play by Miller so I am not sure how much to blame Cam there. I guess you could say that he should have been more aware of the pressure and protected the ball better.

All I know is that the Steelers were the real champs last year but drugs and injuries prevented us from reaching our potential.

All thats not even mentioning the not-fake catch (which would probably have gone down as the worst special teams play of all time had Denver scored a TD on it) and Ginn letting a throw go through his hands causing a pick and ending one of the few drives where the Panthers had been able to consistently move the ball.

Yeah, Cam's way down the list of my problems with the Panthers in that game

What a piece of shit game that was. Let's do Giants vs. Patriots again.

This time the good guys will win.

McShay is awful.

The good guys have won both times already. Let's never have the Pats in a Super Bowl again. In fact, let's never have them win another football game.

Unless the Ravens are involved, then let's have a meteor.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Who cares what the NFC does? The Bills are going to ride Tygod straight past the declining, ancient Pats, straight past the defending AFC champs who will be experimenting with slotting Von Miller in as QB and right into their first of 4 straight Super Bowl victories, thereby reversing the curse.

The Browns will continue to be hot garbage.

RBH

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=199191338#post199191338

1458767964-flamin-hot-cheetos-dog.jpg

Flamin' Hot Cheetos Dog -- $10.50

The newest hot dog from the Texas Rangers features Flamin' Hot Cheetos infused into the nacho cheese and then sprinkled on top. "The Cheetos-infused nacho cheese has this atomic-looking color to it," Rapp says. "It's not yellow, it's orange."

Bread

Banned
What a night for breadstream! We are proud to announce that we have broken the twitch view record with 2,700,000 views!

RBH

Should_tourists_pay_for_new_stadium__0_34705332_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

The San Diego Chargers are hoping hotel guests will help foot the bill for a new downtown stadium, according to a financing plan the team is seriously considering.

The financing plan also involves the construction of a hybrid stadium and convention center.

Currently, hotel visitors have a ten-and-a-half-percent tax on their room. The Chargers want that raised another six-percent, with five-percent of that going towards the new stadium.

The remaining one-percent would go into a tourism marketing fund to promote San Diego.
The goal would be to fill up the hotels with guests.

Attorney and San Diego State lecturer Seth Kaplowitz said the Chargers' plan has a lot of moving parts. He said it is too early to know if those parts will ever fit together, like getting hoteliers to support the higher tax.

"I see this as an uphill battle. That additional room cost is going to make tourists shy away from coming to San Diego," said Kaplowitz.

A Chargers source confirmed that they are "in the process of speaking with the entire range of parties" that would be involved with this project; however, "at this moment, that option does not have the support of key players."

As for the November ballot, because it is a citizen's initiative and not by the government, the Chargers may only need a simple majority to pass, but an official ruling on that still has to be determined.

The Chargers estimate the hotel tax would bring in $350 million. The team itself would contribute $350 million, and the NFL has promised $300 million, giving the project one billion dollars in funding.

The mayor's office said it would not comment until the Chargers proposal is officially released.

Councilman David Alvarez released a statement saying he had not seen the proposal, but called what he has heard so far "disturbing" and urges voters to approach it with great caution.
http://www.cbs8.com/story/31552060/how-the-chargers-plan-to-pay-for-a-new-stadium

Fox318

How about the fucking billionaires pay for the stadium and its maintenance.

Most of those Stadiums don't get many events outside of football.

Plus the NFL seems to just want to up and move to the UK and China with each week passing.

Todd McShay mock has Giants landing Shaq Lawson, I would be happy with this..or another Lineman, to quote Parcells, you build your team from the inside out, Reese has repaired both lines somewhat, still needs fixing..

Euron

Todd McShay mock has Giants landing Shaq Lawson, I would be happy with this..or another Lineman, to quote Parcells, you build your team from the inside out, Reese has repaired both lines somewhat, still needs fixing..
It's a deep defensive draft. We could end up getting our potential JPP Replacement at the third round or later. 1st round should focus on fixing the O-line but if we can't get a top tier offensive lineman maybe the best option actually would be to select Treadwell. Would at least give us another great receiver and take pressure off Odell.

bionic77

Looks like the NX controller was made by someone with a 3D printer.

Edit: he's on gaf
Didn't some journalists say that the fakes were in line win what they heard? Or did I get that wrong?

I am not sure if it ever existed but if it did I think it is pretty safe to say that games journalism is dead and buried. What we have left is second rate advertising for these companies disguised as news.

Hindl

Didn't some journalists say that the fakes were in line win what they heard? Or did I get that wrong?

I am not sure if it ever existed but if it did I think it is pretty safe to say that games journalism is dead and buried. What we have left is second rate advertising for these companies disguised as news.

Yeah Editor in Chief of Game Informer said that. Although he said it was from a source and that source could've been wrong. Seems like he was hopping on the bandwagon because if he's right he was one of the first major journalists to break it and if it's wrong he can just blame his source.

And yeah, I was taking a Game Design course in college, and our professor asked us what our 5 places did we go for gaming news/stuff every day. And it was hard coming up with anything other than GAF because everything breaks here first anyway, and like you said it seems like a lot of games journalism is terrible. Still like Giant Bomb though

bionic77

Yeah Editor in Chief of Game Informer said that. Although he said it was from a source and that source could've been wrong. Seems like he was hopping on the bandwagon because if he's right he was one of the first major journalists to break it and if it's wrong he can just blame his source.

And yeah, I was taking a Game Design course in college, and our professor asked us what our 5 places did we go for gaming news/stuff every day. And it was hard coming up with anything other than GAF because everything breaks here first anyway, and like you said it seems like a lot of games journalism is terrible. Still like Giant Bomb though
GB is an enthusiast site to me they are not journalists, though sometimes they still like to wear that hat.

That shit bored me to tears but I can see how people who are more into games would like it because at least they had their own voice.

MRSA disappointed. I wanted to hear Bambi was a hot ass cop.

It's a deep defensive draft. We could end up getting our potential JPP Replacement at the third round or later. 1st round should focus on fixing the O-line but if we can't get a top tier offensive lineman maybe the best option actually would be to select Treadwell. Would at least give us another great receiver and take pressure off Odell.

I was going to add another O-line in my post, but deleted that part, right now IMO Reese 1st round pick should be on either line...

MRSA

Banned
GB is an enthusiast site to me they are not journalists, though sometimes they still like to wear that hat.

That shit bored me to tears but I can see how people who are more into games would like it because at least they had their own voice.

MRSA disappointed. I wanted to hear Bambi was a hot ass cop.

Sorry friend. I would say she's relatively attractive. But the females of BYU are something else.

Top Bottom