• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

squicken

Who would take his contract though? Dumping him leaves us with $13M in dead cap. It's more efficient to just rebuild the OL, hope Doug uses him better, and if not cut him next year. There's really no advantage to cutting him this year, and I doubt anyone would trade. I also highly doubt Zeke is fallin to 13. Giants at the least would be primed to take him if they don't go DL

wait this is an actual possibility?

I knew it was bad, but not waving bye bye to millions of dollars bad

He's a pouting dickbag running back who slid down in the middle of a game to avoid contact. His teammates don't like him and don't respect him. He's gone. The goal is to keep him from going back to Dallas. But if need be, they'll cut him

e: If they cut him after June 1 (or designate him as such) the cap hit is $10m. But they are paying him $8m whether he plays or gets cut. It's worth the $2m to not have him around

effzee

If the Eagles dump Murray I could kinda sorta seeing them drafting Zeke. OT is the obvious choice, but BPA should be the rule, and Zeke may be that guy at 13

Fix OL in FA and draft a QB in the 3rd round

I just don't see them taking that hit.

I do agree that the run game needs an explosive punch. They could use a speed demon at WR as well but overall the offense needs a difference maker playmaker who can scare defenses. Between Jordan Mathews, Agholor, Ertz, and the RBs they have some really good skill position guys but none who scare a D.

I'd love Zeke but I think its far more reasonable they keep Murray, rebuild the line, line up from a more traditional under center formation which helps both Murray and Bradford, and hope an improved OLINE revives Murray and the run game overall.

I'd love for them to take a RB in the 3rd or 4th since every year there seems to be RBs in those rounds who make a splash. I don't think all 3 RBs will be back though if they were to bring back Sproles, Mathews, and Murray, I would hope Pederson uses them better than Chip did.

Sproles is most likely cut. If they have to keep Murray I wouldn't mind cutting both Sproles and Ryan Mathews so they can infuse some youth through the draft and save some money.

effzee

He's a pouting dickbag running back who slid down in the middle of a game to avoid contact. His teammates don't like him and don't respect him. He's gone. The goal is to keep him from going back to Dallas. But if need be, they'll cut him

e: If they cut him after June 1 (or designate him as such) the cap hit is $10m. But they are paying him $8m whether he plays or gets cut. It's worth the $2m to not have him around

Unless the issues really were with Chip and forcing him to run stretch runs + shitty OLINE.

If his attitude is right, at age 28, new scheme, and improved OLINE he could be salvaged and return to form. Not his record breaking season but what he was consistently for Dallas.

I am of the mindset that if you have to pay him no matter what, why not get something out of him.

There this is my contribution to the thread, figure out the rest yourselves.
JsIPxCQ.jpg

squicken

Unless the issues really were with Chip and forcing him to run stretch runs + shitty OLINE.

If his attitude is right, at age 28, new scheme, and improved OLINE he could be salvaged and return to form. Not his record breaking season but what he was consistently for Dallas.

I am of the mindset that if you have to pay him no matter what, why not get something out of him.

If they can get him to buy in with Pederson then we'll see, but the Philly people I listen to and read sure think he wants out and back to Dallas. There were all sorts of anonymous quotes at the end of the year about how he was universally disliked in the locker room.

I think we just have the tip of the iceberg on how dysfunctional things got with the team. Jenkins was almost in open mutiny of Billy Davis, Peters and Chip seemed to have a difference of opinion on his health, and the offensive linemen sorta getting a little short with Chip's assertion that everything was an execution problem

effzee

If they can get him to buy in with Pederson then we'll see, but the Philly people I listen to and read sure think he wants out and back to Dallas. There were all sorts of anonymous quotes at the end of the year about how he was universally disliked in the locker room.

I think we just have the tip of the iceberg on how dysfunctional things got with the team. Jenkins was almost in open mutiny of Billy Davis, Peters and Chip seemed to have a difference of opinion on his health, and the offensive linemen sorta getting a little short with Chip's assertion that everything was an execution problem

Even if all this is true and Eagles bite the bullet and cut him...I don't see Dallas taking him back.

Chris can you add me to the Houston Draft? I've been trying to get on that ticket for years.
Add me to the Browns too, unless it's tomorrow I probably won't be around

MechDX

Awww man... I was going to ask if I could join in since it'll be at 9 A.M.

It's gonna be a QB. Not that hard to figure out unless Zeke is still there. You're more than welcome to contribute.

And Chris I was right dammit! I will defend pick till my dying days!

Gobias

Banned
Chris can you add me to the Houston Draft? I've been trying to get on that ticket for years.

Just make sure to not draft a QB for them because they're going to be taking one of ours next year

Future has taken over but he'll add you when he does the next update and the draft isn't until April so you've got time friend,

It's gonna be a QB. Not that hard to figure out unless Zeke is still there.

And Chris I was right dammit! I will defend pick till my dying days!

No you ruined it!

Striker

Who would take his contract though? Dumping him leaves us with $13M in dead cap. It's more efficient to just rebuild the OL, hope Doug uses him better, and if not cut him next year. There's really no advantage to cutting him this year, and I doubt anyone would trade. I also highly doubt Zeke is fallin to 13. Giants at the least would be primed to take him if they don't go DL
People have said that but it all depends on the FA business. Reese should be signing 2-3 DL. A corner and safety, and a RT (Browns Mitchell Schwartz). For the Draft, Hargreaves is a prime choice if he falls. Shaq Lawson is a DE the Giants tend to like.

Having this gut feeling Titans will continue drafting OL's they have before and will draft Tunsil from Ole Miss at #1. IMO we should trade it to get two first rounders and get a OL & DE out of it.

Tabris

I'd rather not put Team Tabris on the fanchart and stroke his ego even more.

I'm sorry but my ego is healthy either way.

It's the year of Tabris! Starting off with Super Bowl and Asia trip. Who knows where it ends? It's exciting as it's the year of Tabris!

tumblr_lshln2mz7t1qbb3teo1_500.gif

Going to go to Chaweng Beach and party starting in a couple hours :)

Top Bottom