• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

manfestival

The Ravens paying the greatest quarterback in their franchise history accordingly.

What happened to eznark?

Elite and GOAT tags that were pulled on flacco right there.

I am scared that we are going to give away doug martin because he will want more money and his agent will let him leave tampa for more money.Just seems like the media keeps reporting that dirk has little interest in keeping him if hes gonna be expensive. Which he will be considering his stats when hes healthy.

MechDX

Ran a new mock draft at Fan Speak:

22: R1P22
QB CARSON WENTZ
NORTH DAKOTA ST
52: R2P21
TE HUNTER HENRY
ARKANSAS
85: R3P22
RB PAUL PERKINS
UCLA
120: R4P21
WR STERLING SHEPARD
OKLAHOMA
159: R5P20
K ROBERT AGUAYO
FLORIDA ST
166: R5P27
OT WILLIE BEAVERS
WESTERN MICHIGAN
198: R6P20
DE AZIZ SHITTU
STANFORD

Yes! Fuck the Cleve, they took Bosa in the first and Cook in the second.

If anyone wants to try it:
http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Probably the easiest simulator to use

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
stafford-geeksandcleats-gif.gif

staffordlaser.0.gif

He is the Chosen One. The one who will not only get the Detroit Lions a playoff win but a Super Bowl.

I love my AFC Cleveland Browns brothers but it saddens me to see college QBs flat out say or insinuate that they want nothing to do with the Cleveland Browns. I wish my Brown brethren nothing but the best. Hopefully you find your QB. They don't grow on trees.

They come around once every 20 years, if that.

Matthew Stafford was drafted #1 overall and took over the worst the worst team in NFL history, the 2008 Detroit Lions. He didn't demand a trade like Eli Manning did. He took the challenge of taking the worst team in NFL history and putting the team on his broad, strong shoulders.

Matthew Stafford at this pace is on track to break almost all of the important QB stats held by Brett Favre or Peyton Manning.

The most important of all is a Super Bowl win. Hopefully Bob Quinn and this new regime give him a running game that's not ranked 32nd in the league which he's had almost throughout his career.

Go [defending Super Bowl Champion] Broncos!!

I just hope that they take the highest rated player on their board, regardless of position. I'm also hoping for better health out of the offensive tackles. And as a fellow Colorado State alum, I'm rooting for Ty Sambrailo to have a long and healthy career as a Bronco.

Watching the '85 Bears 30 for 30 film on Netflix.

Mongo!

That's a great nickname for a defensive lineman. LOL

RIP Chucky J

He was a shell of himself last year tho and that's too much money to pay for an unproductive end.

Pretty much guarantees that DE will be a major focus for Getts in the first few rounds of the draft.

Pretty sure that's officially the last of Hurney's bad deals

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
stafford-geeksandcleats-gif.gif

staffordlaser.0.gif

He is the Chosen One. The one who will not only get the Detroit Lions a playoff win but a Super Bowl.

I love my AFC Cleveland Browns brothers but it saddens me to see college QBs flat out say or insinuate that they want nothing to do with the Cleveland Browns. I wish my Brown brethren nothing but the best. Hopefully you find your QB. They don't grow on trees.

They come around once every 20 years, if that.

Matthew Stafford was drafted #1 overall and took over the worst the worst team in NFL history, the 2008 Detroit Lions. He didn't demand a trade like Eli Manning did. He took the challenge of taking the worst team in NFL history and putting the team on his broad, strong shoulders.

Matthew Stafford at this pace is on track to break almost all of the important QB stats held by Brett Favre or Peyton Manning.

The most important of all is a Super Bowl win. Hopefully Bob Quinn and this new regime give him a running game that's not ranked 32nd in the league which he's had almost throughout his career.

So you spend years hyping up the "New Orleans" style offense and then you bitch about your running game ranked 32? Matthew Stafford has a billion pass attempts every season due to how the offense is ran. You're actually advocating that you take the ball out of Stafford's hands which is crazy if you're a huge stan for him. Most Packer fans view the running game as a necessary evil to take pressure off the quarterback and keep the defense honest but the ball should always be in the hands of Rodgers as often as possible.

Also Detroit was ranked 32nd exactly one year...last year. Plus total rushing yards is a shit way of evaluating your running game. New England actually had a lower YPR than Detroit (3.7 to 3.8) yet they were on course to making the Super Bowl...again, that matters fuck all if you believe you have an elite quarterback.

Also consider that your running game is going to be shit when you're playing from behind (remember how you keep pointing out that Stafford has all these 4th quarter comebacks?).

Matthew Stafford is a cheap and obese version of Drew Brees. A stat whore with nothing to show for it other than a playoff choke against the Cowboys. At the end of his career, we'll be calling him a lesser version of Drew Bledsoe.

edit: It's thursday up in here

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I recommend onion rings and a mustard sauce or eating a plate of caramelized onions with mustard sauce. Or just putting those caramelized onions and mustard on some brats or something.

MechDX

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 9m9 minutes ago
Foster gives Texans another $6.6 million in cap savings. Makes them bout 38 under cap. I expect Rahim Moore and Garrett Graham 2b cut, 2.

Puts them at over 40 million under the cap

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I recommend onion rings and a mustard sauce or eating a plate of caramelized onions with mustard sauce. Or just putting those caramelized onions and mustard on some brats or something.

He could always do onion rings and a honey mustard sauce if you want to go easy on him.

Line_HTX

This was a long time coming. Sad to see Arian Foster go, but it was necessary.

He was the best runner we could've asked for. I still remember that Week 1 when he ran all over the Colts.

Best of luck.

If his attitude is right, at age 28, new scheme, and improved OLINE he could be salvaged and return to form. Not his record breaking season but what he was consistently for Dallas.

He was consistently injured when he was here outside of that season (and actually broke his hand or some shit that year too but played anyway)

This NFL Offseason thread is like a bar the day after St. Paddy's Day. :p

Kas- your optimism is still a thing of pure inspiration... and I say that as a fan of one of your division rivals!

Crisco

Banned
RIP Chucky J

He was a shell of himself last year tho and that's too much money to pay for an unproductive end.

Pretty much guarantees that DE will be a major focus for Getts in the first few rounds of the draft.

Pretty sure that's officially the last of Hurney's bad deals

Kalil and Stewart, but Johnson's was probably the most egregious one left. It would have been good deal but he never really played up to it.

Makes a lot of sense to go for a DE in the first round. Again, it's all about the salary cap and making the most of the rookie pay scale. Veteran DEs who rush the passer are expensive as fuck, if we can get a decent one at the end of the first round it gives us a huge leg up on the rest of the league.

effzee

He was consistently injured when he was here outside of that season (and actually broke his hand or some shit that year too but played anyway)

Meant that despite injuries he has been an above average to really good RB. His 1 terrible season last year is either age catching up to him, production catching up to him, conflict with Chip + terrible OLINE play and inconsistent QB play, or simply a player who collected a paycheck and didn't try.

If its the last thing then there is no saving or salvaging him. Assuming he isn't just a dick collecting a check, then the other issues can be and should be corrected. I don't think his age and production are too much to worry about considering he barely played this past season.

Let's see. Maybe its wishful thinking because I desperately want the move to work out considering the costs of cutting him. If it wasn't for the cap hit, I'd say cut him right this minute, and move forward with Sproles, Mathews, and rookie speedster RB.

His baby mama?
0115-arian-foster-gold-digger-tmz-11.jpg

Is that Jessica Simpson?

Hindl

Meant that despite injuries he has been an above average to really good RB. His 1 terrible season last year is either age catching up to him, production catching up to him, conflict with Chip + terrible OLINE play and inconsistent QB play, or simply a player who collected a paycheck and didn't try.

If its the last thing then there is no saving or salvaging him. Assuming he isn't just a dick collecting a check, then the other issues can be and should be corrected. I don't think his age and production are too much to worry about considering he barely played this past season.

Let's see. Maybe its wishful thinking because I desperately want the move to work out considering the costs of cutting him. If it wasn't for the cap hit, I'd say cut him right this minute, and move forward with Sproles, Mathews, and rookie speedster RB.

Is that Jessica Simpson?

I think maybe Murray can work out and become a solid back again, but regardless he'll be gone next year. He'll just be too old and take up too much cap space to not be cut. I'm more interested in seeing if Kenjon Barner develops into anything. Could develop into a lesser Sproles, a situational RB. We'll still need to find a future three-down back though

Top Bottom