• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

i miss ESPN the ocho

The GOAT

tumblr_kw4933xVq31qz92vfo1_500.jpg

Man, I made a chinese five spice crusted lamb steak and roasted carrots with cumin yogurt for dinner and it was incredible. I paired it with kettle-soured ale flavored with bartlett pear and kumquat to help cut through the spice of the lamb and compliment the sweetness of the roasted carrots.

Now I'm sipping a nice Cabernet Franc. My only wish is for a nice sherry to cap off the evening, but I'll have to settle for a single malt.
Now that's A+ off season talk. All these other plebs eating pizza, this dude/dudett is playing chess on your asses.

effzee

squicken

I wouldn't put it past the Eagles to try and trade Fletcher Cox if he really is expecting Suh money. It's just too much for a defensive tackle. Would Cox plus 8 get the Eagles to 1?

Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks, on the most recent MTS podcast, both said that Treadwell won't go top 15 and could very well be there for CLE at the top of Round 2. Just too slow. Fuller will be the top WR taken

Bosa seems to be kind of alienating. No one really wants him but everyone expects him to go top 10

effzee

I wouldn't put it past the Eagles to try and trade Fletcher Cox if he really is expecting Suh money. It's just too much for a defensive tackle. Would Cox plus 8 get the Eagles to 1?

But what I still don't get is why now with this draft class? There is no Winston or Mariottta. There is no Luck or even RG3 (I'm talking about the lead up).

Sure nobody is a safe bet but you have to play the odds. How do Wentz or Goff justify trading away multiple picks, current great DT, and maybe even more?

The draft is deep at DT/DL so they could trade him and still recoup but they would be without a 1st round and 2nd round pick. They have 2 picks in the third round but maybe one of those would also have to be included to move up.

You give up all that in hopes one of these QBs is the real deal and that whoever you pick up from the 3rd or 4th round will blossom into the next Cox? All while Bradford and Chase are on the roster?

None of it adds up. It made all the sense in the world last year and I would have been fine trading up, trading Cox + picks, to get Marcus.

squicken

But what I still don't get is why now with this draft class? There is no Winston or Mariottta. There is no Luck or even RG3 (I'm talking about the lead up).

Sure nobody is a safe bet but you have to play the odds. How do Wentz or Goff justify trading away multiple picks, current great DT, and maybe even more?

The draft is deep at DT/DL so they could trade him and still recoup but they would be without a 1st round and 2nd round pick. They have 2 picks in the third round but maybe one of those would also have to be included to move up.

You give up all that in hopes one of these QBs is the real deal and that whoever you pick up from the 3rd or 4th round will blossom into the next Cox? All while Bradford and Chase are on the roster?

None of it adds up. It made all the sense in the world last year and I would have been fine trading up, trading Cox + picks, to get Marcus.

Last year was chaos with Chip and Howie, plus I think they figured they would be able to get Cox re-signed. Now, I think* they don't think they can get Cox re-signed, don't think they will be at 8 any time soon, and it's a good draft to find a DT. It's not so much that they love the QBs as much as everything else falls into place to take the chance

*I don't really think all these things, but can see the argument

Pepiope

It's just rumors. Don't believe any of it. They aren't gonna pay Bradford and Daniel that much money just so they can trade the best player on the team for yet another QB. It's just bullshit to keep fans talking about football during an otherwise boring stretch of the offseason.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/ar...rom-Rams/b958c020-d4f6-4bbb-ab97-2747e1599854

The Titans have agreed to trade the No.1 pick of the draft to the Los Angeles Rams for the 15th overall pick in this year’s draft, two second-round picks (43 and 45), and a third-rounder (76) in 2016. The Titans will also receive the Rams’ first-round pick in 2017, along with their third-round pick in next year’s draft.

In addition to Tennessee’s No.1 pick this year, the Rams will also receive a fourth-round pick (113) and sixth-round pick (177) in 2016.

As a result of the trade, the Titans now have six picks in the top 76 in this year’s draft – 15, 33, 43, 45, 64 and 76. The Titans already held picks 33 and 64.

Can't believe that any QB in this class is worth THAT haul. But it will be cool for LA of the kid becomes a stud.

Awesome news for my Bucs, more QBs being taken ahead of us. And who has Tunsil fall into their lap now?

So the Rams probably pick Wentz now rather than Goff, right?

How does this affect the Browns now?
Not sue it does. No ones been sure what the Browns pick would have been or if they stay at 2. I'm a insider at a diff Browns site and still really wasn't sure what we were doing yet.
I woulda been happy with Wentz or Goff. Kinda liked Goff more. But draft day should be interesting

Just want draft day to be here

RBH

The Falcons/Browns trade for Julio Jones in 2011, in comparison:

Falcons
1st round pick (#6 overall) = Julio Jones

Browns
1st round pick (#27 overall) = Phil Taylor
2nd round pick (#59) = Greg Little
4th round pick (#124) = Owen Marecic
1st round pick in 2012 (#22) = Brandon Weeden
4th round pick in 2012 = traded in deal to select Trent Richardson

gutshot

The Titans have set themselves up pretty well. They have their QB and now have a ton of picks to try to build around him. Now they just need a real head coach.

nillah

Banned
Johnny Football stuff is way overblown but I guess the only way of coming back if you're indeed Johnny football is going out and performing.

Wes

venison crêpe
Not sue it does. No ones been sure what the Browns pick would have been or if they stay at 2. I'm a insider at a diff Browns site and still really wasn't sure what we were doing yet.
I woulda been happy with Wentz or Goff. Kinda liked Goff more. But draft day should be interesting

Just want draft day to be here

If we're not in love with 'the other' QB how would you feel about trading down, or even taking Tunsil and trading Joe?

gutshot

The Falcons/Browns trade for Julio Jones in 2011, in comparison:

Falcons
1st round pick (#6 overall) = Julio Jones

Browns
1st round pick (#27 overall) = Phil Taylor
2nd round pick (#59) = Greg Little
4th round pick (#124) = Owen Marecic
1st round pick in 2012 (#22) = Brandon Weeden
4th round pick in 2012 = traded in deal to select Trent Richardson

Those Browns picks:

grZAZ.gif