• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Farooq

Banned
Figure Wentz/Goff then Tunsil. Dallas gets Ramsey? Fuuuuuuuuck that

4.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Oh my god.

Los Angeles won't have a team.

Probably banking on free agents wanting to come sign and play in Los Angeles because that is ton of picks to give up.

The Rams have a lot of great, young talent but with this trade you're giving up so much potential depth.

Better hope Wentz is a franchise QB for what the Rams are giving up.

Titans going to rebuild mode they can turn things around quick.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This is just odd because the Rams have won on so many trades and other deals in the past several years. I don't think a team has fucked over other teams as much as the Rams have been able to do.

They've been kinda blah at evaluating talent though and not a lot came from all that.

Hmmm interesting dilemma for my Rams. Carson Wentz seems to be more highly touted, but I was taught to never trust a ginger. Goff meanwhile has the Hollywood good looks, but supposedly also has Alex Smith baby hands. Need my fellow Los Angeles Ram lifelongs to weigh in on this.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm interesting dilemma for my Rams. Carson Wentz seems to be more highly touted, but I was taught to never trust a ginger. Goff meanwhile has the Hollywood good looks, but supposedly also has Alex Smith baby hands. Need my fellow Los Angeles Ram lifelongs to weigh in on this.
I attend NDSU but wish I lived in LA. My hot take: Wentz is the ginger god.

Oozer3993

The Browns weren't taking a QB at 2 so the trade helps them by making sure anyone they actually wanted will be on the board. And it solidifies that they have the last guaranteed spot for one of the QBs which could increase thr pick's trade value. I think it's smarter to roll the dice on RG3 than make a big reach for one of the QBs this year. None of them are good enough. Trade or take best available. And at some point in the draft get me Josh Doctson.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Probably banking on free agents wanting to come sign and play in Los Angeles because that is ton of picks to give up.

The Rams have a lot of great, young talent but with this trade you're giving up so much potential depth.

Better hope Wentz is a franchise QB for what the Rams are giving up.

Titans going to rebuild mode they can turn things around quick.

If I'm in the AFC South, I'm a little unnerved by the haul that the Titans got for this trade. With a competent GM and Mariota as your QB, they should contend for the division.

Racist.

Or rather gingerist.

MechDX

This trade is why Im happy the Texans spent money on Brock than give away half their draft this year and a third of it next year. Rams went from 15 to 1, Texans had to go from 22 to top 3.

Texans are not in "cap hell" this year or will be next year. Fully expect Hopkins to be extended before the start of training camp

People exaggerate these kinds of trades. Yeah it wasn't a move I would make but that's mostly because I don't think there is a clear cut franchise QB out there, but if the Rams think that guy is Wentz or Goff then it's not the worst thing in the world. People acting like they will be unable to field a team or something, they are giving up like 4-5 potential players, off a 53 man roster, over the next three years. It's not some franchise crippling move.

I'm happy with the rams trade but I'm a cowboys fan and now the titans are out of the way

2 QBs should be gone now

Results oriented discussion on the RG3 trade ignores the fact that they didn't have a QB when they traded out of the pick and never found one at any point in the last half decade since. It also happens to ignore that the Redskins got more out of a healthy RG3 than anything the Rams have gotten out of their guys.

Browns shouldn't trade down either. Goff should be the guy. You need to find a QB at some point and kicking the bucket down the road just means you're the next Rams at best.

the browns would kill to be the rams

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Of all the years to do that trade. There isn't even a clear number one.

squicken

What are the Chargers gonna do? I don't know about their needs. Tunsil or Ramsey?

They need offensive line help so bad, but they can trade down and get Stanley or Conklin and then draft the best interior OL with whatever they get for moving down. I don't think anyone trades up for Tunsil, but Ramsey and Jack could be in play. Gonna be an active draft night, I hope

Gobias

Banned
Let's not even act like this is for sure a bad thing for the Browns like Wentz is now some lock to be great and that he could have even done anything on the currently empty Browns roster anyway

If I'm Dallas I'm on the phone with SD asking what they might want for swapping picks. Someone like the Eagles trading up and swooping our guy would be awful

MechDX

The pressure to play Wentz in LA will be MASSIVE

Agreed and it will more than likely be his downfall. Sigh....

Let's not even act like this is for sure a bad thing for the Browns like Wentz is now some lock to be great and that he could have even done anything on the currently empty Browns roster anyway

This is great for the Browns in all honesty. If one team is determined to get Wentz or Goff the Browns are firmly in the driver's seat

As much as I love getting these jokes off (and I really really do), in all seriousness no one will complain about this trade from the Rams' perspective if the QB they bring in performs well just like no one would have complained about the Washington NFL Franchise mortgaging the farm on RGIII had he worked out.

In this league, the gap between teams that reliable starters and the ones that don't is HUGE. Unless you have a historic defense, you won't be able to overcome that gap with any of the 21 other dudes on the field. See: Justin James Watt

If the Rams really think that they see a guy who can be their starter for the next decade in this draft, then I don't have a problem with them doing whatever it takes to get him.

As much as I love getting these jokes off (and I really really do), in all seriousness no one will complain about this trade from the Rams' perspective if the QB they bring in performs well just like no one would have complained about the Washington NFL Franchise mortgaging the farm on RGIII had he worked out.

In this league, the gap between teams that reliable starters and the ones that don't is HUGE. Unless you have a historic defense, you won't be able to overcome that gap with any of the 21 other dudes on the field. See: Justin James Watt

If the Rams really think that they see a guy who can be their starter for the next decade in this draft, then I don't have a problem with them doing whatever it takes to get him.

Hell RG3 ended up flaming out after 2 years and that trade still didn't destroy the Redskins the way people predicted it would have. At the end of the day you are giving up a handful of players (rookies at that) over the next few years, most of which are out of the first round, which means they are largely crap shoots to begin with. It might hurt your depth a bit but it's not going to set your franchise back a decade.

MechDX

Ed WerderVerified account
‏@Edwerderespn
CB Jalen Ramsey visiting @espn. Just asked his reaction to #Rams-#Titans trade: "I didn't know the Rams loved me that much.''

Damn. Like that confidence

effzee

Holy shit. Rams gave up a TON. Glad the Eagles didn't do anything like that.

I am only glad Eagles didn't considering what they have tied up in Bradford and Chase.

This trade, and the compensation, wouldn't bother me 1 bit last year or even this year had the Eagles not retained Bradford.

Top Bottom