• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

gutshot

If we're not in love with 'the other' QB how would you feel about trading down, or even taking Tunsil and trading Joe?

La Canfora is reporting that the Browns are happy about this because they've been targeting Goff this whole time. But it's La Canfora, so take it with a grain of salt.

If we're not in love with 'the other' QB how would you feel about trading down, or even taking Tunsil and trading Joe?
I know they like both guys to some degree. But not sure what they were going to do at 2. If they took Tunsil I would literally explode along with the most of Cleveland. trade down isn't out of the question for me, but I'd prefer a Qb I think

Idk theirs been a shit ton of smoke from the Browns about qbs in draft

Browns can take the left over Qb, or teams will be calling them for a trade. All the calls should be coming to us now

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
CgAUiF_WIAAVQUW.jpg:large

Now in picture form!

Oh my god.

Los Angeles won't have a team.

gutshot

HBO has got to be pretty happy about this too. Having the #1 overall pick as QB of the team on Hard Knocks is much better than having to watch Case Keenum and Nick Foles duel for the starting spot.

Wes

venison crêpe
I know they like both guys to some degree. But not sure what they were going to do at 2. If they took Tunsil I would literally explode along with the most of Cleveland. trade down isn't out of the question for me, but I'd prefer a Qb I think

Idk theirs been a shit ton of smoke from the Browns about qbs in draft

Browns can take the left over Qb, or teams will be calling them for a trade

Yeah I agree. Lots of smoke.

I think this trade doesn't weaken our position at all though. Only if our guy goes number 1.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So the Rams effectively gave up a first, two second round picks, and two third round picks to move up 15 spots.

The fourth and sixth round picks, contrary to kas's beliefs, are a joke because you're lucky to get starters in those rounds.

Duxxy3

So the Rams effectively gave up a first, two second round picks, and two third round picks to move up 15 spots.

The fourth and sixth round picks, contrary to kas's beliefs, are a joke because you're lucky to get starters in those rounds.

Shit, you're lucky to get special teamers in those rounds. Most are out of the league quickly.

RBH

I'm really interested to see how this affects San Francisco and Philadelphia.

Now that Cleveland may be in a position to get Goff........perhaps this causes SF or PHI to make a move and allows the Browns to net a good trade return.

rando14

Wtf are the Rams doing, it's not rocket science, just find your franchise qb in FA (romo), 6th round (bardy), or 3rd round (Foles)

Lol Real life Draft Day stuff.

I'm stoked we traded. And we're still gonna get the OL we needed. Just paying less. I knew Fisher still had feelings for the Titans ..

Furyous

Jon Robinson on his Madden 2015 franchise mode shit gotdamn. Titans won this trade with the future flexibility. Look at all those picks. At least the Rams received fourth and sixth round picks in the deal.

Rams probably take Goff because he's the hometown guy and a better prospect coming out of college. Imagine the Rams opening their new season with a hometown guy that played at Cal. We need to take Goff if the Rams take Wentz instead of Goff.

THE JEFF FISHER LONG CON CONTINUES

Stop hating... just kidding, hate away as Jeff Fisher pushes for another contract extension at some point.

Farooq

Banned
A bit amazing that a couple months ago we were debating how high Wentz would go in the first (if at all), and now a team gives up six top 100 picks for him. Assuming Rams go Wentz of course.

Jeff Fisher hasn't had a winning season in 5 years with the Rams? And they just made this trade. He's gonna be the Rams coach literally forever

gutshot

A bit amazing that a couple months ago we were debating how high Wentz would go in the first (if at all), and now a team gives up five (maybe six) top 100 picks for him. Assuming Rams go Wentz of course.

The scarcity of franchise QBs always causes QB prospects to fly up the draft boards. Never forget that EJ Manuel was a first round pick.

squicken

The scarcity of franchise QBs always causes QB prospects to fly up the draft boards. Never forget that EJ Manuel was a first round pick.

There are tried and true rules that teams follow when it comes to every position except QB. The most important position in all of sports

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rams undoing all that good work they did with the RG3 trade.

Wow.

Results oriented discussion on the RG3 trade ignores the fact that they didn't have a QB when they traded out of the pick and never found one at any point in the last half decade since. It also happens to ignore that the Redskins got more out of a healthy RG3 than anything the Rams have gotten out of their guys.

Browns shouldn't trade down either. Goff should be the guy. You need to find a QB at some point and kicking the bucket down the road just means you're the next Rams at best.

Top Bottom