• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Farooq

Banned
Other losers in this draft are HOU, IND and JAX. If TEN drafts decent, this is a total franchise changer. When DAL made the Walker trade, the first draft afterwards, Jimmy took Aikman, Wiesnewski, Moose, Stepnoski, and Tony Tolbert

Aikman was 89. Hershel Walker was traded for picks in the 1990, 1991, 1992 and 1993 drafts.

But still, Tennessee set themselves up nice.

Mindlog

The mock should be about uninhibited disrespect.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

I remember 2012 like it was four years ago.
Tampa Bay (4-12) - I H8 Memes - RB - Trent Richardson - I love everybody criticizing the choice without saying who they'd pick. Reiff, overrated and not what we need on the right side. Blackmon, we are stacked at WR. LB's, C, and secondary, not worth anything higher than a 15. As I said, Bucs need Claiborne. If the real draft goes this way the Bucs are fucked and need to trade back to #13 or later where the players at positions we actually have a need at are slotted.
Almost nailed it. Thank god for the Cleveland Browns. We missed Trent Richardson and picked up Doug Martin.

Thank you, Browns. Thank you!

squicken

Chuck, this draft just lacks star power. I've read several places that 15-100 is the same guy. DJ has talked about how two good organizations could have the same guy 40 picks apart on their boards.

Aikman was 89. Hershel Walker was traded for picks in the 1990, 1991, 1992 and 1993 drafts.

But still, Tennessee set themselves up nice.

Yeah got my years wrong. Makes the 89 draft even more amazing since he used mostly the team's own picks

e: Bradford isn't getting traded so there's no schism. Seems like everyone is fine if a QB falls to them, and no one was comfortable paying what it took for LAR to move up

MechDX

Brett Kollmann ‎@BrettKollmann
Got a peak at part of the Texans schedule today. We've got some JUICY prime time games this year. This is gonna be good.
12:22 PM - 14 Apr 2016

Blech. Texans suck in primetime.

And to make it easy on the snarky here: To be fair the Texans always suck

Fantomex

I am waiting to post the Rams Official pick until I hear more regarding ownership making the decision. It's not confirmed yet, Fisher seems to be taking the credit so far.

Blech. Texans suck in primetime.

And to make it easy on the snarky here: To be fair the Texans always suck
FUCK THE TEXANS!
anchorman-jump-in-air.gif

MechDX

Brett Kollmann
‏@BrettKollmann
Scratch that, make that 4 prime time games for the Texans. I forgot that Christmas Eve kind of shuffled everything around.

4? really? Know one is the MNF game vs. Raiders in Mexico City

2nd one is probably the now annual TNF "lose to the Colts in some stupid fashion" game

adam schefter: The Los Angeles Rams are leaning toward making Cal quarterback Jared Goff the top overall pick after acquiring the selection Thursday from the Tennessee Titans, but a team source added that the team would also consider Carson Wentz before they have to make the pick on April 28.
You'd think who they want would be set in stone?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Chuck, this draft just lacks star power. I've read several places that 15-100 is the same guy. DJ has talked about how two good organizations could have the same guy 40 picks apart on their boards.
That's said every year. For the most part, it's true. The fun part of draft time is differentiating those guys and why. And by 'star power' you mean offensive skill position guys.

Farooq

Banned

Yeah got my years wrong. Makes the 89 draft even more amazing since he used mostly the team's own picks

e: Bradford isn't getting traded so there's no schism. Seems like everyone is fine if a QB falls to them, and no one was comfortable paying what it took for LAR to move up

More towards your point,

‏@wingoz
.@Titans now with 6 picks in 1st 76 of draft: Most in anyone 1 draft since 1991 @dallascowboys who had 7 in 70. Got 5 SB starters there

bionic77

Hey bionic, here's a pretty cool ESPN story about Kobe's last game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=874aHNuYKxU
That kid had more success in one clip than the Vikings have had in over 50 years of professional football.

What can I say. You brought it on yourselves. The next time the Vikings miss a chip shot FG to win a playoff game don't blame the kicker. Blame yourself. If you were better fans you would have won something by now.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If Fisher is going to be pressed into playing the guy right away, and he will, he has to pick Goff. I understand his position completely.

bionic77

College systems don't translate as well to the pros. Hell I don't think any system before the NFL is conducive to developing a pro QB.

I'm pretty sure it all comes down to how the NFL has freak atheletes on defense and other levels just don't have to worry about that.

Going forward, it'll get worse with the CTE stuff. Expect to see some awesome pitchers and more atheletes in MLB in about 20 years though.
Why don't we see more teams coddle their qb's like the Cheat and Chip Kelly did?

Everyone seems to want their qb's play like Big Ben and Aaron. I guess that is much easier to coach and implement. But if I wanted to win I think I would focus on defense and put together a dink and dunk offense. Oh yeah and have the greatest punter in the world.

That seems like it is a winning formula even today.

Slo

That kid had more success in one clip than the Vikings have had in over 50 years of professional football.

What can I say. You brought it on yourselves. The next time the Vikings miss a chip shot FG to win a playoff game don't blame the kicker. Blame yourself. If you were better fans you would have won something by now.

I know you don't mean that. That's just the pain talking.

You can be my bodyguard as I walk around tourist attractions. Your ass is a big enough shield.

(。◕ ∀ ◕。)

I'm not fat!! ;_;

Put me in the draft for the titans

Wish there were trades, but they're in an interesting position now

Done

AFC

East

Buffalo Bills - WW
Miami Dolphins - Chris, SkLa
New England Patriots - AHAHAHAHAHHA
New York Jets - Fox318

North

Baltimore Ravens - Nakazato, BaltimoreLarry
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns - FloydtheFathead
Pittsburgh Steelers - AngmarsKing701, chuckddd

South

Houston Texans - Mech, Dega
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars - Dutch
Tennessee Titans - Eleuin

West

Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders - Beach, McKenzie, OfficerRob
San Diego Chargers - Bread

NFC

East

Dallas Cowboys - Farooq, CrocMother
New York Giants - Futurevoid, Striker, Draxal, BigAT
Philadelphia Eagles - Hindl, yankeehater, Jabee
Washington Redskins

North

Chicago Bears - Minx
Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
Green Bay Packers -brentech
Minnesota Vikings

South

Atlanta Falcons - RBH
Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx

West

Arizona Cardinals

Los Angeles Rams - Fantomex
San Francisco 49ers - Doomsayer, bigosc2k
Seattle Seahawks - cdyhybrid

I was talking about Raiders fans...

Oh them...ok yeah you're right.

Rando and or RBH

One of yall willing to...uh...award me a grant of about 270k of that fabulous doctor money you'll soon be making so I can buy a McLaren 650S?

I just saw one drive by and it made me feel...insecure about my station in life.

Slo

Rando and or RBH

One of yall willing to...uh...award me a grant of about 200k of that fabulous doctor money you'll soon be making so I can buy a McLaren 12C?

I just saw one drive by and it made me feel...insecure about my station in life.

I say they "award" you 20k worth of oxycodone and make you earn it. Bootstraps.

bionic77

I know you don't mean that. That's just the pain talking.
My team has not won a Super Bowl in almost 10 years.

Of course I am in pain. You wouldn't be able to understand the pain me and BG have to endure right now.

Man was not meant to suffer like Steelers fans have.

Top Bottom