• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

What an utter waste of money. Not mine to spend though so more power to them!

I can't wait for the inevitable foreclosure sign on it when he's bankrupt in 8 years though.

It's basically the money he earned the last year of his rookie contract, after the beating he took I wouldn't blame him for splurging a bit.

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 12s13 seconds ago
Surprising news: No one claimed former #Patriots first-rounder DL Dominique Easley, source said. He's a free agent

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 20s21 seconds ago
Percy Harvin told the Bills he is retiring, per source.

It's basically the money he earned the last year of his rookie contract, after the beating he took I wouldn't blame him for splurging a bit.
I'm not singling him out. It's all of these guys that spend ludicrous money buying these x millions of dollars homes/mansions. For what? For two people? Maybe I'm wrong and he has his parents moving in with him, etc. Maybe he has a financial advisor telling him its a good investment and what not and he won't be one of the high percentage of players that end up broke 3-5 years after retirement. Fair enough and good for him if that's the case. Again, its not my money to spend so more power to him. Free country and all that.

It just boggles my mind is all. The taxes on that joint alone are probably in the 60k/year range. (Broward county is taxed at 1.3% so yeah about 61k/yr)

Why are you assuming he took out a loan?
When did money outlay on a home stop just because you paid cash for the purchase price? Taxes, maintenance, etc. cost money, bro.

Yay! Congrats

Ehh, it must have gotten the league good numbers in SB50.

But I'm not exactly looking forward to playing that team again tho, especially on primetime.

And if they were to win, I think that would just make me more upset about the SB

I don't see it.

Grover lied, people died.

All the CLT Observer guys are running with it

The Carolina Panthers get a Super Bowl rematch with the Denver Broncos on Thursday Night Football to open the 2016 season, two league sources told the Observer on Thursday.

The nationally televised game at Denver’s Sports Authority Field at Mile High will give the Panthers and opportunity to avenge their 24-10 loss to the Broncos in Super Bowl 50 at Santa Clara, Calif.

The entire NFL schedule will be released at 8 p.m. Thursday on NBC and the NFL Network.

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning retired several weeks after winning his second Super Bowl ring. Reigning league MVP Cam Newton will lead a Panthers team that finished 15-1 in the regular season in 2015 before suffering four turnovers, including two strip-sacks by Super Bowl MVP Von Miller, in Super Bowl 50.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Surprising news: No one claimed former #Patriots first-rounder DL Dominique Easley, source said. He's a free agent

Percy Harvin should have had a better career than he did.

I remember making fun of his migraines....but then I started getting migraines not too long after and in retrospect that was a bad look for me.

To this day, I haven't hated a team as much as I hated the 2009 Vikings though. I think I went a little overboard and let the anger get to me too much.

I'm not singling him out. It's all of these guys that spend ludicrous money buying these x millions of dollars homes/mansions. For what? For two people? Maybe I'm wrong and he has his parents moving in with him, etc. Maybe he has a financial advisor telling him its a good investment and what not and he won't be one of the high percentage of players that end up broke 3-5 years after retirement. Fair enough.

It just boggles my mind is all. The taxes on that joint alone are probably in the 60k/year range. (Broward county is taxed at 1.3% so yeah about 61k/yr)

When did money outlay on a home stop just because you paid cash for it? Taxes, maintenance, etc. cost money, bro.

Yeah I understand that but we don't really know their situation, I mean they were living in some rented town home since they moved here and bought this after she became pregnant so maybe it is an investment thing? I don't know.

So, recent Florida HoF draftees:

- Matt Elam
- Brandon Spikes
- Aaron Hernandez
- Dom Easley
- Percy Harvin
- Jermaine Cunningham
- Tim Tebow

Solid list

Yeah I understand that but we don't really know their situation, I mean they were living in some rented town home since they moved here and bought this after she became pregnant so maybe it is an investment thing? I don't know.

Sure. You'll have to forgive me. I watched 30 for 30 "Broke" last night which highlights the ludicrous spending that goes on around athletes so I'm more sensitive to it right now is all. Tanny may be very secure in his future and I'm far from being anyone to tell another person how they should spend their money.

MechDX

Texans @ Broncos MNF Week 7?

The Fan 107.5Verified account ‏@WDUZ 8m8 minutes ago
Known #Packers home games:
Sun, 10/9 #Giants
Sun, 10/16 #Cowboys
Thur, 10/20 #Bears
Sun, 11/26 #Colts
Sun, 12/4 #Texans
Sat, 12/24 #Vikings

At Packers in December? McNairs check bounced

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm not singling him out. It's all of these guys that spend ludicrous money buying these x millions of dollars homes/mansions. For what? For two people? Maybe I'm wrong and he has his parents moving in with him, etc. Maybe he has a financial advisor telling him its a good investment and what not and he won't be one of the high percentage of players that end up broke 3-5 years after retirement. Fair enough and good for him if that's the case. Again, its not my money to spend so more power to him. Free country and all that.

When did money outlay on a home stop just because you paid cash for the purchase price? Taxes, maintenance, etc. cost money, bro.

Yeah generally speaking homes can be an okay investment.

Regular ass land is better though. Or buying profitable businesses.

All kinds of fun stuff you can invest in if you have millions of dollars.

Hey guys.. What's.. Oh. Well that's something.

Guess Fanatic has to repick :)

My team has not won a Super Bowl in almost 10 years.

Of course I am in pain. You wouldn't be able to understand the pain me and BG have to endure right now.

Man was not meant to suffer like Steelers fans have.

Excuse me.. I rolled my eyes so hard that they fell the fuck out of my skull.

BG stands proud.

Disrespectful. BG doesn't deserve this.

Ryan and Lauren move into new 4.3 Million dollar home

thatsmyqb.jpeg

The video includes the address lol
Gonna stalk Lauren now I see with Wienke?

Sure. You'll have to forgive me. I watched 30 for 30 "Broke" last night which highlights the ludicrous spending that goes on around athletes so I'm more sensitive to it right now is all. Tanny may be very secure in his future and I'm from being anyone to tell another person how they should spend their money.

yeah I know, he seems responsible enough though, he wants to be a surgeon after he retires from the NFL so at least he seems like a smart dude but you're right so many of these dudes have no idea what to do with so much money and it's gone within years, pretty sad really. I've been in finance for 10+ years and I've seen first hand how bad people can be with money, even tiny amounts.

MechDX

Texans @ NE 9/22 on TNF
JennaLaineBucs ‏@JennaLaineBucs 40m40 minutes ago
Source tells me the Bucs will open the season against the Falcons in Atlanta. Welcome back, Dirk Koetter and Mike Smith. #NFLScheduleRelease

Leaks fucking everywhere!!

jbug617

Banned
Gimmme the Browns schedule!

zone3_medium.jpg

Godslay

Banned
I guess regular season games now count for vengeance of post-season games.

Should be a fun game either way. Sanchez gonna torch that D.

He won't be the starter.

Top Bottom