• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

If Seahawks lose to the Dolphins I'll request a self-ban until the 2017 offseason!!

There, ya happy Chris?

But I'll miss you friend :(

what-have-i-done-what-have-i-become.jpg

Doesn't he have Tannehill's address now? That should keep him occupied for a while

Well they'll be in So Cal for two weeks so I can creep from here...

He doesn't deserve such meat :v

I was thinking something dolphin related but I have months to decide and if not everyone can vote on it.

d0a5d334541fcec57884c435456c8e3d537bf8a4_hq.gif

Before y'all get over confidant we do have a couple of things going in our favor

1. New Coach, new scheme, no film to prepare for
2. First game of the season, jet lag/timezone effect will be minimal
3. Seattle D isn't what it was in 2012,

It's my birthday today
Anime-Happy-Birthday-Gif-9.gif

Happy Birthday!

That would imply Mech has a franchise QB to defend and has been defending to accurately show why his QB is elite.

Matthew Stafford is elite and a franchise QB who has already proven himself. That shouldn't even be up for discussion. He's just now about to hit that QB prime age and if healthy should be leading one of the top offenses in the league.

Brock Osweiler is well, Brock Osweiler.

We haven't seen enough of him other than his 5-2 record as a starter. But he had an unbelievable defense carrying him. From the one or two games I watched him play he seems solid but I don't think he'll ever reach elite level.

That being said nothing wrong with an optimistic fan and having some optimism for the next season.

The Texans have a few talented players on both sides of the ball and as long as Brock doesn't lose games like Hoyer or Schaub and doesn't turn the ball over the Texans are a potential playoff team in a weak AFC South.

winning percentage

Brock Osweiler .714

Matt Stafford .452

Godslay

Banned
AFCS? I'm going with the Jags. Because, fuck it why not? Who outside of that division wouldn't love to see them jagoff all over that division.

AFCW? If the QB/O continues to struggle in Denver, wouldn't surprise me to see Raiders/KC take the division.

AFCE? Probably the Pats again. I hope Gase whips the Phins into shape, but I think we'll have to be patient.

AFCN? Steelers/Ravens whoever is healthy and a bit lucky.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Texans full schedule:
Texans @ Pats is Twitter game
Need to sign TJ for that late season Bengals game
I can't tell whether or not the gut wrenching feeling in my stomach is dread or pure hype. 5 PRIME TIME GAMES. Yeesh, what the hell? At least we get to take the Colts down on National TV. Then there's Texans Christmas Eve! That's gonna the best.

MechDX

I can't tell whether or not the gut wrenching feeling in my stomach is dread or pure hype. 5 PRIME TIME GAMES. Yeesh, what the hell? At least we get to take the Colts down on National TV. Then there's Texans Christmas Eve! That's gonna the best.

Sign TJ that week. Guaranteed win

Line_HTX

I'm curious as to how the Twitter thing is going to work.

I want revenge for that home loss on the stupid Colts!

Merry Xmas to a Bengals elimination again. Ho ho ho!

CgCWBDdUMAAncCU.jpg:large

Holy shit if this is real, only 2 10AM starts?!

that week 5 bye though :mad:

edit: rams at home 4 days after packers on the road :(((((((((

Besides the early bye I'm mostly ok with the schedule. Only other thing I don't like about it is a December game at Green Bay but at least it's not a night game.

Colasante

fuck why we always got to finish the season in Miami? That's an automatic L.

When was the last time the final game of the regular season mattered, though? 2008?

I'm glad the Patriots have a week 9 bye. That's all that really matters.

So the Patriots go against Palmer, Tannehill, Osweiller, Tygod, Goff, Dalton, Roethlisberger, Tygod, Wilson, Gabbert, Fitzpatrick, Wentz, Flacco, Kaepernick, Fitzpatrick, then Tannehill? I ain't scared.

fuck why we always got to finish the season in Miami? That's an automatic L.

I thought it's @ NE to close?

@sea then @ne

That's tough

@NE or @Miami?

Edit: Oh I thought we went to NE to close, fuck yes!

When was the last time the final game of the regular season mattered, though? 2008?

I'm glad the Patriots have a week 9 bye. That's all that really matters.

2015 when we kept you from home field advantage.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
winning percentage

Brock Osweiler .714

Matt Stafford .452

Means absolutely nothing when comparing the two Quarterbacks who IMO should not even be compared.

One of million reasons why that should not even be compared is because Stafford has been in the league since 2009 and took over the worst team in NFL history and possibly the worst run franchise up until we fired Matt Millen.

Percy Harvin should have had a better career than he did.

I remember making fun of his migraines....but then I started getting migraines not too long after and in retrospect that was a bad look for me.

To this day, I haven't hated a team as much as I hated the 2009 Vikings though. I think I went a little overboard and let the anger get to me too much.

His *Migraines* were part of a long list of maladies he invented to not play. He always miraculously healed upp come playoff time.

Good riddance. I can't believe he managed to grift the Seahawks after his schtick in Minnesota.

Decided to turn to one of the ESPN channels in anticipation for schedule release. And see the WNBA draft is on, this is the most unhyped thing ever. FFS had no idea this was going on.

Top Bottom