• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

rando14

I'm so ready for 10am football!!!

Best coasts or some shit

Go chargers too!

10 am football is pretty sweet

Can start drinking in the morning, halftime correlates perfectly with lunch, and once the game is done in the early afternoon there is plenty of time for activities!! (Counting money, etc)

squicken

beyond the rough week 2/3, we also have to play the last game on MNF AGAIN and AGAIN go back east on a short week for a 10 am game. fucking garbage ass nfl screwing us again!

im sure it wouldn't matter anyways though, but still... but still!

I know you were looking forward to SF games in LA. Tough that this year is Christmas Eve

Bread

Banned
10 am football is pretty sweet

Can start drinking in the morning, halftime correlates perfectly with lunch, and once the game is done in the early afternoon there is plenty of time for activities!! (Counting money, etc)
I usually designated Saturday to money counting but maybe I can spend the day waxing my cars instead. Thank you doctor!

Fox318

CgCp35JW8AAzBa2.jpg

2 fucking MNF, team stink last season and we get 2 BSPN games, FML

Damn final 6 weeks also brutal with 4 road games..

Maybe I'm wrong. The primetime games feel a bit more spaced out than last season where like 4 or 6 weeks were 8pm games.

Bit of a relief after London too. Bye and three straight at home.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If Green Bay doesn't win at least 14 games with that schedule, they done fucked up. Holy shit does that look pillow soft (right now).

Really though, I have no idea how to read that schedule. Secondary will probably be trash and we don't have any WRs to help our rookie Qb. Also Fisher/whatshisface OC/everyone on the coaching staff.

5-11, worst record since Fisher took over, maximum laughs. Fisher gets signed to a 20-year contract extension.

Maybe I'm wrong. The primetime games feel a bit more spaced out than last season where like 4 or 6 weeks were 8pm games.

Bit of a relief after London too. Bye and three straight at home.

Packers and Bengals come off their bye, 2 tough opponents get to rest up, watch a ton of tape...Bengals home game..

Bitanator

Dallas goes 4-12 and still gets six nationally televised games. They could lose all their games and still have more visibility than a team like the Jaguars.

I like the schedule so far, though I think last years was better in terms of possible wins early. If only we did not suffer through so much injury and shame.

Not familiar with the guy, but for what it's worth
590 The Fan's Howard Balzer reports the Rams surrendered the package they did for the No. 1 pick because they believed the Titans were "ready to pull the trigger on a deal with the Eagles."

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions 2016-2017 Schedule:

Week 1: @ Colts - W
Week 2: Vs. Titans- W
Week 3: @ Packers - W
Week 4: @ Bears - L
Week 5: Vs. Eagles - W
Week 6: Vs. Rams - W
Week 7: Vs. Redskins L
Week 8: @ Houston W
Week 9: @Vikings L
Week 10: Bye
Week 11: Vs. Jaguars W
Week 12: Vs. Vikings W
Week 13: @ Saints W
Week 14: Vs Bears W
Week 15: @ Giants W
Week 16: @ Cowboys W
Week 17: Vs. Packers L

Prediction: 12-4, 1st place NFC North

The divisional games will be tough and I don't see the Lions beating the Bears twice this season. We've won the last 6 match ups against them so I think we're due for a loss against them. I expect to also split with the Packers and Vikings.

Those first four games are going to be tough but if we come out 2-2 at the very least we should be at the very least in a Wildcard seed.

This team has all the talent in the world and it starts at QB. I really am expecting this offense to be Top 3 in the league in most key categories. And I think we're going to have a hell of a defense.

The Lions and Matthew Stafford separate themselves from the middle of the league and hit that 11-5 to 13-3 perinial playoff contender for the next 5 years.

No more 8-8, 9-7 bullshit. Consistent offensive play from Quarters 1-4 and a ball hawking defense.

Lions 2016-2017 Schedule:

Week 1: @ Colts - W
Week 2: Vs. Titans- W
Week 3: @ Packers - W
Week 4: @ Bears - L
Week 5: Vs. Eagles - W
Week 6: Vs. Rams - W
Week 7: Vs. Redskins L
Week 8: @ Houston W
Week 9: @Vikings L
Week 10: Bye
Week 11: Vs. Jaguars W
Week 12: Vs. Vikings W
Week 13: @ Saints W
Week 14: Vs Bears W
Week 15: @ Giants W
Week 16: @ Cowboys W
Week 17: Vs. Packers L

Prediction: 12-4, 1st place NFC North

The divisional games will be tough and I don't see the Lions beating the Bears twice this season. We've won the last 6 match ups against them so I think we're due for a loss against them. I expect to also split with the Packers and Vikings.

Those first four games are going to be tough but if we come out 2-2 at the very least we should be at the very least in a Wildcard seed.

This team has all the talent in the world and it starts at QB. I really am expecting this offense to be Top 3 in the league in most key categories. And I think we're going to have a hell of a defense.

The Lions and Matthew Stafford separate themselves from the middle of the league and hit that 11-5 to 13-3 perinial playoff contender for the next 5 years.

No more 8-8, 9-7 bullshit. Consistent offensive play from Quarters 1-4 and a ball hawking defense.

WTF at losing to Chicago at all and the Redskins at home. On top of that you gave are Packers loss at home instead of at Lambeau. What in the actual FUCK

Mudcrab

Fuck a week 5 bye and we (unsurprisingly) only have one primetime game this year. At least its against the Falcons, wouldn't have it any other way.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
WTF at losing to Chicago at all and the Redskins at home. On top of that you gave are Packers loss at home instead of at Lambeau. What in the actual FUCK

He doesn't even watch the games remember?

Lions gonna go 8-8.

This is the year that both Luck and Rodgers get back to form and Brady will decline. Expect Carr, Mariota, or Winston to get a whole lot better next season.

Top Bottom