• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
WTF at losing to Chicago at all and the Redskins at home. On top of that you gave are Packers loss at home instead of at Lambeau. What in the actual FUCK

That's the thing we've won our last 6 games against the Bears. We're due one loss against them this year. They are a divisional opponent and all.

Week 5-7 are all home games and we should win all three but it was a toss up between the Rams and Redskins for some reason in my mind.

Either way doing a W-L chart this early is pretty meaningless but this Lions team should be a 12-4 ish, NFC North, Super Bowl contending team barring injuries to our QB.

And that's my Lions fanboyism aside. Look at our current roster and then factor in the 10 draft picks we have.

We're built to win and win now.

RBH

zjnfUdg.png

uXnSJ0f.png

yioV1.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Pretty ridiculous the NFL only has two nationally televised games for the Lions and that's including our Thanksgiving game.

The last one will be a MNF game against the Cowboys which has been a fun rivalry.

The Lions can be an extremely fun team to watch especially when the offense is clicking like it did in our last two nationally televised games against the Eagles and Saints.

Plus the defense is stacked with Pro Bowl playmakers with Darius Slay, Ziggy Ansah, DeAndre Levy, Haloti Ngata and Glover Quin.

RBH

Work ran late today, so I was unable to make it for the early screening for Captain America: Civil War tonight.

yioV1.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Just turned on USA accidentally and WWE had some shirtless dude dancing next to a guy in a gimp costume also dancing with a black man looking confused.

This is what you guys like?

Bread

Banned
Good to have prime kas back, it's truly the offseason friends!

Just turned on USA accidentally and WWE had some shirtless dude dancing next to a guy in a gimp costume also dancing with a black man looking confused.

This is what you guys like?
Why'd you have to specify that he was black

Rich Eisen ‏@richeisen 27s28 seconds ago
Bye-week quirks: @colts refused the customary post-UK game bye. Wanted one later. Plus @Browns @Titans have Week 13 byes. Fantasy warning.

Kinda interested in how the Colts follow that up.

Pepiope

Pretty ridiculous the NFL only has two nationally televised games for the Lions and that's including our Thanksgiving game.

The last one will be a MNF game against the Cowboys which has been a fun rivalry.

The Lions can be an extremely fun team to watch especially when the offense is clicking like it did in our last two nationally televised games against the Eagles and Saints.

Plus the defense is stacked with Pro Bowl playmakers with Darius Slay, Ziggy Ansah, DeAndre Levy, Haloti Ngata and Glover Quin.
I wouldn't say the Lions were clicking against the Eagles. More like a DC putting a rookie to play man coverage on a HOF WR.

He's not on the roster this year though. Plus, our team hated Sanchize.

Bradford is ready for his MVP season.

Here's what I got:

DOLPHINS’ 2016 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE

Sunday, Sept. 11 - at Seattle - 4:05 p.m. - L
Sunday, Sept. 18 - at New England - 1 p.m. - L
Sunday, Sept. 25 – CLEVELAND - 1 p.m. - W
Thursday, Sept. 29 - at Cincinnati - 8:25 p.m. - W
Sunday, Oct. 9 - TENNESSEE - 1 p.m. - W

Sunday, Oct. 16 – PITTSBURGH - 1 p.m. - L
Sunday, Oct. 23 – BUFFALO - 1 p.m. - L
Sunday, Oct. 30 - BYE WEEK - L
Sunday, Nov. 6 - N.Y. JETS - 1 p.m. - L
Sunday, Nov. 13 - at San Diego - 4:05 p.m. - W
Sunday, Nov. 20 - at Los Angeles - 4:05 p.m. - L
Sunday, Nov. 27 - SAN FRANCISCO - 1 p.m. - W
Sunday, Dec. 4 - at Baltimore - 1 p.m. - L
Sunday, Dec. 11 – ARIZONA - 1 p.m. - L
Saturday, Dec. 17 - at N.Y. Jets - 8:25 p.m. - W
Saturday, Dec. 24 - at Buffalo - 1 p.m. - L
Sunday, Jan. 1 - NEW ENGLAND - 1 p.m. - W

7-9 and out of the playoffs by Week 11.

RBH

Godslay

Banned
Didn't realize this:

The Raiders have NEVER had a Sunday Night Football game on NBC in the regular season at home ... until they host the Broncos Nov. 6.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I marathoned that show Ballers on HBO. It was pretty decent. Too much nudity for gatas though.

I tried that dudes Nashville Hot Chicken recently. It was really good!

Also don't ignore my post about wrestling. I directed it to you.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I feel bad for the Cards, Phins, Mechs and Bills. Having to face the wrath of Grapepolio is a fate worse than losing.

Lions 2016-2017 Schedule:

Week 1: @ Colts - W
Week 2: Vs. Titans- W
Week 3: @ Packers - L
Week 4: @ Bears - W
Week 5: Vs. Eagles - W
Week 6: Vs. Rams - W
Week 7: Vs. Redskins - W
Week 8: @ Houston - L
Week 9: @Vikings- L
Week 10: Bye
Week 11: Vs. Jaguars W
Week 12: Vs. Vikings W
Week 13: @ Saints - L
Week 14: Vs Bears W
Week 15: @ Giants - L
Week 16: @ Cowboys - W
Week 17: Vs. Packers - W

My prediction 11-5 .

While I'm making proposals...

BlackGhost

In honor of Kimmy Schmidt returning tomorrow, I'm willing to grant you amnesty for rooting for Ghana that one time and roll back probably 45-55% of the terrible things I've said about Cleveland if you stop calling me Grovo. Whatdaya say? Friends?

Well bump you too then RBH. I know my brother Randall will come through. If nothing else, Uncle Bionic will give me a loan, no problem.

Schedule for Packers-GAF:

Week 1 - at JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS, Sunday, Sept. 11
Week 2 - at MINNESOTA VIKINGS, Sunday, Sept. 18, 7:30 p.m. (NBC)
Week 3 - DETROIT LIONS, Sunday, Sept. 25, noon
Week 4 - BYE WEEK
Week 5 - NEW YORK GIANTS, Sunday, Oct. 9, 7:30 p.m.
Week 6 - DALLAS COWBOYS, Sunday, Oct. 16, 3:25 p.m.
Week 7 - CHICAGO BEARS, Thursday, Oct. 20, 7:30 p.m. (CBS/NFL Network)
Week 8 - at ATLANTA FALCONS, Sunday, Oct. 30, noon.
Week 9 - INDIANAPOLIS COLTS, Sunday, Nov. 6, 3:25 p.m.
Week 10 - at TENNESSEE TITANS, Sunday, Nov. 13, noon.
Week 11 - at WASHINGTON REDSKINS, Sunday Nov. 20, 7:30 p.m.
Week 12 - at PHILADELPHIA EAGLES, Monday, Nov. 28, 7:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Week 13 - HOUSTON TEXANS, Sunday, Dec. 4, noon
Week 14 - SEATTLE SEAHAWKS, Sunday, Dec. 11, 3:25 p.m.
Week 15 - at CHICAGO BEARS, Sunday, Dec. 18, noon
Week 16 - MINNESOTA VIKINGS, Saturday, Dec. 24, noon
Week 17 - at DETROIT LIONS, Sunday, Jan. 1, noon

Early bye sucks, but at least the Thursday game is early. Three in a row on the road is always rough too, luckily none of those teams inspire much fear. Really, very few teams on the schedule inspire anything beyond laughter...

Seattle is a good week 14 test, and they get to come to Lambeau again! So that's nice.

While I'm making proposals...

BlackGhost

In honor of Kimmy Schmidt returning tomorrow, I'm willing to grant you amnesty for rooting for Ghana that one time and roll back probably 45-55% of the terrible things I've said about Cleveland if you stop calling me Grovo. Whatdaya say? Friends?
Damn, stop calling you Grovo? I really gotta think about this ...
giphy.gif

... Can I still use variations like Grovoimus Prime? Groku? And so on?.....

Top Bottom