• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

MechDX

New Texans quarterback Brock Osweiler Osweiler won five of his seven starts last season for the Broncos, beat Patriots, Bengals

He can beat the Bengals? Good as Yates! #happy

But the frickin amount is insane!

Tania Ganguli Verified account
‏@Ta_Ganguli

Details are still being worked out, looks to be 5 Years, $98 Million with $45 Guaranteed. Physical expected on Thursday in Houston #Texans.
Brock making that $$$
Daaaamn, I'm glad Wilson got signed before this. I can only imagine the numbers had he gone FA.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I hear you but i'm not comfortable with relying so heavily on a rookie, especially at D Line when they always hit the rookie wall around week 10.

Right now i'm thinking linebacker in round 1, though this is a weak pass rushing class.

The only guys worth it, imo, are projected to be gone by the time the Steelers pick. Feel free to look at Shaq Lawson, Leonard Floyd and Noah Spence. Spence may be available, but has off-field issues.

‏@Ta_Ganguli

Details are still being worked out, looks to be 5 Years, $98 Million with $45 Guaranteed. Physical expected on Thursday in Houston #Texans.

Wonder how much is fully guaranteed. They probably have an out after 2 years would be my guess.

squicken

Good for Brock. The way the Broncos did him last year with the benching was pretty disrespectful. I guess they will try to make their way when Kaep. No way do they go RG3

LOL, Brock is getting $6.4 million guaranteed for every game he's started in his career. This is one of those deals that could ruin Watt's career...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

‏@Ta_Ganguli

HOLY FUCK

C2g8Daf.gif

gutshot

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Eagles signing G Brandon Brooks to a 5-year, $40M, source said.

And there's the guard we needed.

MechDX

I'm told Osweiler was "very distant" during negotiations. showed Broncos he didn't want to come back. Elway refused to play top 10 QB money.

Brock was salty

Fuck the eagles. Brooks. :(

Nope at that contract. I won't begrudge him one bit, get that money. Broncos did err in not developing a guy they were more than comfortable paying market value though.

MechDX

Miller will earn $6.5M per year from the #Texans. Could have signed elsewhere for $7M per. Liked the situation in Houston better. Great get.

#BOB

Crisco

Banned
GG Elway honestly, no way Brock was getting that from them. Not when a Ryan Fitzpatrick could easily win a Super Bowl in Denver next year.

Top Bottom