• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

But the frickin amount is insane!

Tania Ganguli Verified account
‏@Ta_Ganguli

Details are still being worked out, looks to be 5 Years, $98 Million with $45 Guaranteed. Physical expected on Thursday in Houston #Texans.

2016-17 Broncos and Texans:

v2Axv88.jpg

Bowser

Pretty sure y'all are getting duped on that Oz deal. Don't see that tweet anywhere or that type of deal reported anywhere either.

MechDX

Hearing from his former teammates that Brock got $37 million guaranteed from Houston on a four-year deal. Developing story obviously

Hold up on those numbers everyone is laughing at

Hindl

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Eagles signing G Brandon Brooks to a 5-year, $40M, source said.

And there's the guard we needed.

Damn sweet. Thought we were gonna get Jeff Allen but glad we got Brooks. Higher than I was expecting but I need to see the details

Godslay

Banned
So $18M per vs. $19.6M per.

Still a lot of $$$.

Can't blame him though.

To think I was laughed at to suggest $13M - $15M.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Late, but the Megatron news was somewhat expected. I was hoping the longer he didn't announce plans the better chances he'd have of coming back. Thanks for the memories Megatron looking forward to him being an ambassador for the Lions. Not going to lie his letter to the fans had me teared up a little. It was a pleasure and honor to watch him play all these years.

Of course you'll read or hear the Lions wasted two great careers in Barry and Calvin but NFL fans should get used to players retiring in their late 20s, early 30s.

And I love Bob Quinn's first signing, Marvin Jones from the Bengals. He's going to be a great addition opposite of Golden Tate, Eric Ebron and Theo Riddick.

From what I've read he has an extremely low drop percentage, he's young and has produced with decent/average QBs in Dalton and AJ MaCaron. Only concern is ankle injuries, but that's a concern with any player.

This means we don't have to draft a WR in the first round or even the first few rounds.

I really think Bob Quinn drafts DL with the #16 pick or possibly trades down and if LaQuon Treadwell is available we could pick him up.

Obviously no one can replicate what Megatron did but with the extra cap space created I'm looking forward to seeing who else we can sign.

And say what you want about the Bengals but they've been pretty damn good at drafting players these past 4-5 years.

Crisco

Banned
Hearing from his former teammates that Brock got $37 million guaranteed from Houston on a four-year deal. Developing story obviously

Hold up on those numbers everyone is laughing at

So basically 2 yrs at ~18M/yr with 2 more voidable years tacked on. Still too much for Brock but it's not a bad deal for the Texans.

"Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 26s27 seconds ago

Broncos offered Osweiler $16M per yr with $30M guarantee. Houston $17M- $18M per yr. Manning shadow/fresh start were factors #9news #9sports"

Broncos offered Osweiler $16M per yr with $30M guarantee. Houston $17M- $18M per yr. Manning shadow/fresh start were factors #9news #9sports"

I was just thinking this too, everyone was going to compare him to Peyton forever if he stayed with the broncos.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
He’s also a smart signing because he understands what it is like to play in cold weather in November and December since he spent his time in the AFC North, with trips to Pittsburgh and Cleveland and home games outside in Cincinnati.

He also has pretty sure hands. He’s dropped only six of his 207 targets in his career and has a career reception rate of 64.7 percent. He has 134 receptions in the three years he played with the Bengals for 1,729 yards and 15 touchdowns.

http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lio...-big-for-lions-transition-from-calvin-johnson

More info on Marvin Jones. Now the question is do we keep Lance Moore, a solid veteran WR, or potentially go out and get Anqoun Boldin on a veteran deal.

You can never have to many offensive weapons.

I personally wouldn't have given Brock even $13-15m, but that's just cause I didn't see him as a QB that could win you games, especially since that money could've meant the difference between signing a key defensive player this year or next (when a few more come for FA).

Has Trevathan agreed with Bears yet? Depending on how much he makes, I'd sign him back. The difference between an all-time great defense and a solid defense can be a single player or two. Seattle's all-time great defense took a significant step down from 2013 despite signing all their key players but losing depth.

More okay with Malik leaving since this year's draft is supposedly filled with talented DLs (though I don't follow college closely so can't say for sure).

I'd retool offensive line, and let Siemian or a rookie take the reigns of an offense that only passes like 15 times a game.

Apparently SF might want too much for Kaep. Don't overpay!

Denver sports radio in absolute panic! This isn't the end of the world. Man my hometown is dumb at times...

MechDX

#Texans expect to sign OL Jeff Allen, more offensive help with a lot of holes to fill.

Who the hell replaced Rick Smith?

Fantomex

18 MIllion a year. Crazy. He's getting paid more than Alex Smith, Tony Romo, Carson Palmer. Not saying much but still.

Crisco

Banned
Also keep in mind that Texas has no income tax, vs whatever top income filers pay in Colorado. Net extra compensation to Brock is more than just $2M/year.

Good for the Texans. I mean it looks like it's an overpay and I'm not a fan of Brock, but they did something. They always seem to waste good talent with shit QBs, at least they invested in one.

Plus, what was the alternative? Kaepernick? LOL

"Patriots have reached a 1-year contract agreement with LB Ramon Humber, formerly of Saints. Special teamer/top backup on D." - @MikeReiss

Pats make their first big splash in free agency

Duxxy3

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 30s30 seconds ago

Patriots have reached a 1-year contract agreement with LB Ramon Humber, formerly of Saints. Special teamer/top backup on D.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom