• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Respect

"Patriots have reached a 1-year contract agreement with LB Ramon Humber, formerly of Saints. Special teamer/top backup on D." - @MikeReiss

Pats make their first big splash in free agency

tumblr_o39ygsajoj1qjiov3o1_250.gif

About time.

Emarv

Good for the Texans. I mean it looks like it's an overpay and I'm not a fan of Brock, but they did something. They always seem to waste good talent with shit QBs, at least they invested in one.

Plus, what was the alternative? Kaepernick? LOL

Kaep, Oz and RG3. What a lovely bunch to pick from.

Fitts

Ugh.... I wanted Brock to stay in Denver. Absolutely do not want Kaep or RG3 stinking up the division and don't want to see them on my TV twice per year. Is Fitz still available? He's got that Bills cloud following him, but it beats the alternatives until they develop a young QB, IMO.

Colasante

Holy hell, 5 years and $45 million for Mark Barron? I'm glad he's staying in LA since that should be a really intriguing linebacker corps, but damn. He really rehabilitated his career last season.

Godslay

Banned
Heel Slay is best Slay.

Not being a heel.

He helped us to get to that Superbowl.

If he can't live in the shadow of Manning or Elway, or is butt hurt over being benched for a living legend on the final ride...then he can cry into that money down south. I'm fine with that. QB play wasn't the reason the Broncos won much of anything last year.

No. He will just replace Manning with another broken QB and win back-to-back Super Bowls.

As a fan of a team who also responded to winning an Owl by blowing up the team (did it both times in fact!), I can say with great certainty that this kind of shit does not lead to back to back Owls.

Hell, the time we kept the QB we not only didn't get a repeat, we didn't make playoffs.

Chargers:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
Terms for Travis Benjamin and the #Chargers: 4 years, $24M with $13M guaranteed. $18M over the first 3 years

That's pretty nice for both Benjamin and the Chargers.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
They can still, and should, sign him to a long term deal. He hasn't signed his tender yet, they have until the summer to negotiate a deal.

18M is ludicrous for a guy who played 7 games and was benched for a broken down Manning.

He was just decent in those games, far too early to tell if he is worth that.

I guess we'll see what he does down in H-town.

It is disappointing that Denver is now without a QB but I don't think that Brock will live up to that deal. I guess we'll see what happens in the future for now I think that the Texans will end up regretting that one.

gutshot

Adam Caplan @caplannfl
From @AdamSchefter and I: Chase Daniel agreed to a 3-year, $21m deal with $12m fully guaranteed with #Eagles.

Daaaaamn Daniel.

jmdajr

It is disappointing that Denver is now without a QB but I don't think that Brock will live up to that deal. I guess we'll see what happens in the future for now I think that the Texans will end up regretting that one.

Our QB history is 1 big regret.

squicken

Lotta money for Chase. Guess Pederson will play him w/o hesitation. Kinda wonder if Howie wanted Bradford back and Doug wanted Chase?

h1nch

Feels like a betrayal, though the guy is free to chase the money all he pleases.

Fuck you Texans. I hope this contract winds up hurting you the way Jay Cutler's ridiculous extension hurt the Bears.

gutshot

Lotta money for Chase. Guess Pederson will play him w/o hesitation. Kinda wonder if Howie wanted Bradford back and Doug wanted Chase?

There's been a bit of speculation amongst Eagles beats that Bradford may not actually remain an Eagle for long. Seems unlikely, given they had a press conference and everything, but you never know.

18M is ludicrous for a guy who played 7 games and was benched for a broken down Manning.

He was just decent in those games, far too early to tell if he is worth that.

I guess we'll see what he does down in H-town.

I remember a time when the Bills traded a high draft pick for Rob Johnson who only started 1 game for the Jaguars. That pick of course ended up being Fred Taylor. Johnson is my 2nd favorite Jags QB behind Bortles.

I mean we joke about it and all, but Bradford is injury prone.

Even if he misses 1-2 games that could be enough to kill their playoff hopes

Hindl

Adam Caplan @caplannfl
From @AdamSchefter and I: Chase Daniel agreed to a 3-year, $21m deal with $12m fully guaranteed with #Eagles.

Daaaaamn Daniel.

Huh that's a lot more than I was expecting. Probably a bigger cap hit than Sanchez will be too

While I don't think Kaep is all that good, I actually think he would be better in Denver than Osweiler

As for Brock, that's a TON of money for a guy with 7 starts

Top Bottom