• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

rando14

Think this makes us very likely to draft a DT now in the first if the right guy is there.

Yeah Rubin outplayed Mebane last year and this year's draft is extremely deep at DT, so Mebane had to go. Very likely we take a DT with one of our first 2 picks.

Draxal

I mean he's young and hasn't hit his prime but doesn't this make him the highest paid DE in the league? This needs to pay off.

The Salary Cap exploding makes him the highest paid DE in the league, Mack and Miller will easily get more when it's their turn.

Line_HTX

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 1m1 minute ago

I need 2b clear: I'm a moron! I said no way Broncos let Osweiler leave. What do I know? I'm an idiot! Still shocked!

McClain's losing his touch. Hope he writes that out on print for tomorrow's Chronicle.

;P

@NYPost_Schwarz: That's four defensive players costing $$204.5 million, with $114 in guaranteed money for the Giants.

Jesus.

JERRY WHAT THE FUCK NOT LIKE THIS

Defense has been in at the bottom of the league four years running now? Most of you would be pissing and moaning about how Reese did nothing to address this or that position if these deals weren't being made. It's nice to show patience NOW and go on about how to build a team. I don't see people showing that patience while your calling for his head during the season.

It's a three year deal for all intents and purposes....for a team that's completely in reload mode in an absolute garbage division with a 35 year old Super Bowl winning QB still playing at a high level. Oh and with a shitload of money to burn.

I mean, I know I sortof payed a *little* less attention to football last season because I was so busy, but who the fuck is Oliver Vernon? What the fuck?

this_guy

I'm not ecstatic about Osweiler but I don't dislike the deal either. 4yr/$72 million deal means if he doesn't perform they can probably get rid of him in 2 years. If he does pretty well then that'd be great. But it's better than spinning your wheels like the Texans have been and it's better than Hoyer or any of the potential QBs in the draft.

The Lamar Miller signing I do like. It was time to move on from Arian Foster. Alfred Blue just isn't very good.

Afrikan

Chargers signed Mebane, aww.

Good... get him out of the NFC West... ever since he popped up, he started fucking us up.

not that I think Blaine and the 9ers are going to do anything...... the Denver Kaepernicks tho? :D

Kaepernick is about to have the highest selling jersey once again.

edit- and the Texans stay making the wrong decisions at QB. smh.. all that talent on that team. (or atleast you would think so with how they make it so far with no QBs.)

Godslay

Banned
I'm not ecstatic about Osweiler but I don't dislike the deal either. 4yr/$72 million deal means if he doesn't perform they can probably get rid of him in 2 years. If he does pretty well then that'd be great. But it's better than spinning your wheels like the Texans have been and it's better than Hoyer or any of the potential QBs in the draft.

The Lamar Miller signing I do like. It was time to move on from Arian Foster. Alfred Blue just isn't very good.

Depends on the guaranteed money. If that $37M is actually pure guaranteed money, it will be spread out over those 4 years so if you cut him after 2 years you'll still eat some significant dead cap over the remaining two. To the tune of $18.5M.

We'll have to see the actual contract to determine that of course, but you can't really escape that guaranteed money for the most part.

Honestly the only person that should be pissed at the Giants right now is Tom Coughlin.

"Tom screwed Tom."
75170.gif

Euron

You know what I'm beginning to become ok with this. Reese is on an absolute war path to keep his job and now we're seeing the league's worst defense begin to morph into one of the best on paper.

Crazy that every team in the AFCS has an elite QB now.

They will be the most competitive division in football next year.

Don't troll like this.

Not right now. People are in real serious pain, don't you get that Spinluck?

People are hurting as if they just ate 1 too many (i.e. 1) of your world-renowned dinners.

Hunter S.

After he was benched, Kaepernick revealed the wear and tear that came from being the most prolific running quarterback in the NFL over the last three seasons.

He had surgeries to repair a tear in his left labrum (shoulder), a torn ligament in his right thumb and to remove "floating bodies" in his left knee. All of the procedures were performed in Vail, Colo., not 49ers-affiliated Stanford Hospital, one of several signs Kaepernick had become estranged from the 49ers.

[/QUOTE}]

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article65020482.html#storylink=cpy

I guess I prefer a beat up kapernick to RG3 due to his worse injuries. Fuck, fuck the mystery!!

Godslay

Banned
Holy shit, Chiefs lose a 2016 3rd and a 2017 6th for violating tampering.

Good, fuck them.

After he was benched, Kaepernick revealed the wear and tear that came from being the most prolific running quarterback in the NFL over the last three seasons.

He had surgeries to repair a tear in his left labrum (shoulder), a torn ligament in his right thumb and to remove "floating bodies" in his left knee. All of the procedures were performed in Vail, Colo., not 49ers-affiliated Stanford Hospital, one of several signs Kaepernick had become estranged from the 49ers.

[/QUOTE}]

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article65020482.html#storylink=cpy

I guess I prefer a beat up kapernick to RG3 due to his worse injuries. Fuck, fuck the mystery!!

I'm fine with either one.

Striker

You know what I'm beginning to become ok with this. Reese is on an absolute war path to keep his job and now we're seeing the league's worst defense begin to morph into one of the best on paper.
Paper thin depth at CB, and garbage at LB and S.

Now to see who they sign as low and mid tier FA's.

Furyous

@NYPost_Schwarz: That's four defensive players costing $$204.5 million, with $114 in guaranteed money for the Giants.

Jesus.

At least the GMen are spending money where they need to be unlike a certain AFC North team I won't mention.

This Free Agency period is stunning. I can't believe the Texans spent $126 million in 50 minutes:

Osweiler: $72 million
Miller: $26 million
Allen: $28 million

Their GM guaranteed himself a job through the season by going after these players. Texans fans how does it feel to have a good offseason thus far?

*searches for reasons why Johnny Manziel remains on an NFL roster*

JABEE

I'm still on the fence. My position can change, if they continue to publicly support him, I might actually pull the plug as well for at least a year. I've supported them through all the bullshit, but publically endorsing Trump...

Man
Pull the plug for good, brother.

You're too good for that team.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Crazy day so far.

Sad to see Snacks go, happy about the Forte pickup depending on the salary.

Wouldn't be surprised if we lose Fitz now though, Broncos need to grab a QB will probably make a solid run at him.

now a new report is saying the broncos contacted the niners about kap but we want to keep kap and won't trade him. in other words, the compensation isn't enough with whatever denver was offering. 1st rounder + or he stays a niner! hold your ground baalke you fucking bum!

TheFatOne

now a new report is saying the broncos contacted the niners about kap but we want to keep kap and won't trade him. in other words, the compensation isn't enough with whatever denver was offering. 1st rounder + or he stays a niner! hold your ground baalke you fucking bum!
Lol niners are delusional if they hold out for a first

Colasante

Sounds like it is between the Titans, Patriots and Seahawks for soon to be former Dolphins receiver Rishard Matthews.

If this dude seriously chooses the Titans over the Patriots or Seahawks, he deserves to languish in Mularkey's exotic smashmouth offense.

Lol niners are delusional if they hold out for a first

not really. this is a league where fucking Brock just got paid close to $20 mil a year. i think the niners could take it or leave it. what is the point of trading kap for a 4th rounder?

p.s.

its down to the niners and raiders for sean smith!

_woLf

On one hand, I'm REALLY fucking bummed about losing Mebane.

On the other, that frees up a lot of money for other stuff.

Losing Sweezy is pretty big too as much as I didn't like him. We REALLY need Okung back now.

I feel like we're losing a ton of people and not really bringing in anybody. Remember when everyone wanted to come play for Seattle? :(

Top Bottom