• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

BumRush

Man, rotoworld and NFL.com seem to think that with some coaching, Hack could be a stud. I honestly can't believe I'm buying in to this shit.

#hackforpres

Duxxy3

Watching Pats fans whine is like seeing the rich, pretty girls at the party talking about how her daddy won't pay for the imported wax for her Maybach coupe.

Steeling from Reddit here

Best value picks (Drafted Position minus Overall Ranking) :

Myles Jack 32

Jonathan Bullard 31

Kendall Fuller 31

AShawn Robinson 29

Jarran Reed 28

LeRaven Clark 26

Reggie Ragland 26

Mackensie Alexander 26

C.J. Prosise 23

Shilique Calhoun 21

Worst value picks (Drafted Position minus Overall Ranking):

Brandon Williams -179

Vincent Valentine -173

Cody Kessler -165

James Bradberry -141

Daryl Worley -130

Jacoby Brissett -122

Rees Odhiambo -95

Nick Vigil -90

Adam Gotsis -84

Joe Thuney -79

Three of four picks on the wrong side.

Godslay

Banned
^ Everyone's board is different. So hard to put faith into a list like that.

FVo4cHe.jpg

Fox318

Man, rotoworld and NFL.com seem to think that with some coaching, Hack could be a stud. I honestly can't believe I'm buying in to this shit.

#hackforpres

the jets have 3 project qbs on their team and are attempting to resign fitz.

Hack is what is the problem with GM's they get enamored with size and body and ignore the talent and skill.

Its how Russel wilson falls to the 3rd

BumRush

Hack is what is the problem with GM's they get enamored with size and body and ignore the talent and skill.

Rotorworld said that under O'Brien (first 2 years) he was projected to be the number 1 overall pick but under Franklin he went to shit. That's the kind of write-up that gets me goin'

This is a great post. I really thought after this year that hack would go undrafted. He looked so bad at times. Usually college QBs look great all the time. Can't think of many who have struggled like that but still got drafted. It really was genius of his agent to float those stories about Franklin being difficult to work under.

Godslay

Banned
Notice that the "Worst value" board is filled with picks by the most successful teams: Patriots, Seahawks, Broncos, Panthers ;)

It's easy to be an armchair. We all do it and it's fun. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to know why some of the choices were made or how they evaluate.

Take Gotsis for instance. Probably could have went later. Elway said that for 6 weeks leading up to the draft Bill Kollar would remind them daily that he wanted to work with the kid. Kollar is world class, so I find it funny around the web some are declaring it poor value and a reach.

Gotsis could very well suck, but I'd bow to that authority every time.

Duxxy3

Notice that the "Worst value" board is filled with picks by the most successful teams: Patriots, Seahawks, Broncos, Panthers ;)

Bill makes plenty of boneheaded draft decisions.

He's phenomenal in the first round, OK in the second round, below average in the third and above average in the fourth (yeah, that last one confuses me as well).

jbug617

Banned
Bill drafted position the Pats needed.

I like Cyrus Jones pick. Thuney was Coach Scar pick. The other 2 is whatever but we needed another QB and another big body on the DL.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Steeling from Reddit here

Three of four picks on the wrong side.

Every year it's the same thing from y'all. Every year, they remain a contender. Analysts could come up with stats and metrics to show the Browns are the best team in the NFL if somebody paid them to say it. It's all bullshit.

The only thing - the only thing - that matters is the W-L column. Everything else is bread and circuses to entertain us so we can ignore the futility of everything we do as our brief, sadness-filled lives slowly and inextricably slip away.

MechDX

Suddenly DeAndre Hopkins is the slowest skill player in our offense. Probably should just trade him now for a 6th or something

Every year it's the same thing from y'all. Every year, they remain a contender. Analysts could come up with stats and metrics to show the Browns are the best team in the NFL if somebody paid them to say it. It's all bullshit.

The only thing - the only thing - that matters is the W-L column. Everything else is bread and circuses to entertain us so we can ignore the futility of everything we do as our brief, sadness-filled lives slowly and inextricably slip away.
Wander, is this you when you were younger?

Duxxy3

Bill is the greatest coach of all time and an excellent free agency manager.

But he goes for insane reaches. Not bad players, but reaches. Players that would have been available 3 or 4 rounds later.

Tom Penny

Bill is the greatest coach of all time and an excellent free agency manager.

But he goes for insane reaches. Not bad players, but reaches. Players that would have been available 3 or 4 rounds later.

He takes players he wants. If they are the highest on his list and they are there they take them. How they come up with that list who the fuck knows but drafting them isn't that complicated.

Smh Floyd's fuckery has infected the rest of Browns-Gaf...
No it's the "Fuck you, I'm a get mine" attitude.

I gave you all a win against Pittsburgh. I'm fair... Because even if I want you to fail.. Fuck the Steelers, I could never cheer for them.

So be a team player... Bomb hard friends.

MechDX

Mike GarafoloVerified account
‏@MikeGarafolo
Got a text from an agent just now that Texans sent videos touting their coaches directly to potential FAs. The 8th round is important too.

#BOB

VRMN

I'm surprised they paid anything. Same company owns both the team and the sponsor.

It's dumb, but I don't think any Company Name Arena/Field/Center sounds natural. We just get used to it. This will be the same.

Closer to on topic...I think it's hilarious that the biggest company adorning a Detroit team's stadium is Ford, but the other two teams are infinitely more successful.

Top Bottom