• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Farooq

Banned
You don't think they'll go DE here? Seems like the time to do so.

Who do you think they might target? I am at a bit of a loss trying to find EDGE players on their radar.

Something to note, in today's press conference Stephen mentioned a pass rusher they had liked that was selected right before pick 34. If it was Dodd they are looking at left ends. If it was Ogbah then they are looking for right ends.

Personally I think they are looking for a rush end since they already have Dline players that can move over to left end (which is something that was brought up in the press conference as well). They did interview Tyrone Holmes at the East-West shrine game, he could be a possible target. I think 101 might a bit a too rich for Holmes, I don't think anyone else would take him in the 4th. But you never know with "promising" edge players.

Miles Killebrew makes sense to me because Church and Wilcox are probably gone next year and Killebrew seems like he is slotted to go in the 4th.

Hargreaves B+
Spence A+
Aguayo F

So we still have a passing grade.

I'm seriously excited for Spence. I wouldn't have minded taking him #9 overall. We haven't had a guy this good at getting to the QB in years. Really hope he can keep his head on straight and produce.

Aguayo will never make sense. And if Bullard or Bell become studs it will suck even more. But hopefully the kid is a good kicker at the least, and I won't be complaining for all time. It's not like a late second is a sure fire stud anyway.

Still excited for the future. Got our franchise QB and the defense is coming along nicely.

I'll get over it. Grab a safety and Higgins tomorrow and it's still a good draft.

3 year sack total? AV/Y? Do you have a pro comparison for Spence? Spence better not have been injured at his pro day. That hamstring excuse might have worked for the combine.
It seems too vague. What if he gets 12 sacks next year I'm declared the winner and then he gets busted for drugs? Too much can happen.

So I'll respectfully decline a bet, but I'll be around to eat all the crow, and if it's really bad, I'll let you adorn me with an avatar, though perhaps not permanently.

Edit: and what's your team? Do we have a division rivalry blossoming here?

Farooq

Banned
It seems too vague. What if he gets 12 sacks next year I'm declared the winner and then he gets busted for drugs? Too much can happen.

So I'll respectfully decline a bet, but I'll be around to eat all the crow, and if it's really bad, I'll let you adorn me with an avatar, though perhaps not permanently.

Edit: and what's your team? Do we have a division rivalry blossoming here?

Alright, up to you. I should say I don't care about his off-field risks. If he gets suspended the bet is off. He has long odds to be productive even with the best circumstances.

This isn't an attack on you btw, I have been trashing Spence (and Dodd) for a while. Just thought I put my money where my mouth is.

Alright, up to you. I should say I don't care about his off-field risks. If he gets suspended the bet is off. He has long odds to be productive even with the best circumstances.

This isn't an attack on you btw, I have been trashing Spence (and Dodd) for a while. Just thought I put my money where my mouth is.
Those were my top 2 second round choices for the Bucs. Lol

If we are picking pass rushing busts, give me Floyd.

JABEE

I love love love the Lions draft so far.

Before the draft I said, and believe with my heart of hearts this is one of the most talented teams in the league and when firing on all cylinders can handidly beat any team in the NFL.

Before free agency and the draft I just wanted us to address depth in a couple of areas, mainly the trenches. Losing Megatron sucked but Bob Quinn immediately made moves signing Marvin Jones and Jeremy Kerley.

I believed before the draft we needed two Day 1 impact players in the draft to be Super Bowl contenders.

Taylor Decker and Graham Glasgow were great picks and exactly what we needed to fix our offensive line at our two weakest points in the season last year, Center and Tackle.

A'Shawn Robinson is the guy I'm most hyped about. Not only do I think he's a Day 1 starter I think people are downplaying his pass rushing ability. I'm still shocked he fell to us at #46 but he did the job he was supposed to in Nick Sabans defense. His job was to plug up the run game and let linebackers make plays.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/ashawn-robinson?id=2555265

I can't find the article right now but A'Shawn Robinson essentially said his sack numbers were low because he did the job Nick Saban asked him to do at Alabama and that was to stuff the interior line.

Even then His strength will be as a run-defender, but as a true freshman he led Alabama with 5 ½ sacks.

A'Shawn Robinson is going to cause chaos in backfields in between Pro Bowlers, Ezekial Ansah and Haloti Ngata.

Quote me on this, he will be in play for Defensive Rookie of the Year. I don't think he'll actually get it but I think he's going to be starting and taking the majority of snaps by Week 3-4.

Tyrunn Walker impressed during the brief time he played last year but A'Shawn Robinson will be taking the majority of DT snaps along with Haloti Ngata, with Walker and other players rotating in.

Look at this roster on paper:

All being coached and plays being called by defensive wizard Teryl Austin.

The Lions defense will have a lot easier job along with pass rushing opportunities when our offense is dropping 30 points a game.

jamesbrownwow-gif.61

And people compare Pep to this.

Kas is the GOAT Homer. Nothing Compares 2 U.

Hue got me out here watching Cody Kessler highlights on a Saturday morning :/ ....

I'm looking like mech with this Qb stuff
Cody Kessler ✝Verified account‏@CodyKessler6
I'm so done with this heat, I need it to be cold. I've officially decided I'm moving to Alaska
ChSMsp8U0AA6shP.jpg

I welcome the Bae!
The thing ppl keep saying about him is accuracy 🤔 Can't say I watched a ton of USC games recently
Brent Sobleski Retweeted
John Kosko ‏ @ PFF_JohnKosko 10m 10 minutes ago
@ NathanZegura Most accurate QB in draft under 20 yards.
Daryl Ruiter – Verified account ‏@RuiterWrongFAN
Cody Kessler tells @NickWilson923 after visit with #Browns in March he hoped to land in Cleveland w/ Hue Jackson; watched Cle picks closely

Wes

venison crêpe
Going in to London so wont be around for Day 3. Will have to check in on mobile.

Wants at some point:

Peake WR
Killibrew S
Higgins WR
Boehringer GER

Duxxy3

I'm so done with Bill the drafter.

Once again, I had hope before this bullshit began and he crushed it by doing the shit he does.

Drafter Bill all too often gets in the way of GM Bill. They took 3 position of need yesterday.

Jones is a good pick. Even if he shares playing time with coleman, at least we have a punt returner not named Edelman or Amendola. Personally I think Jones will start at slot, with potential to start on the outside when Ryan moves on.

After thinking about Brissett some more, I'm a little more positive about him. NC State was just a god awful team. He looked good at the combine.

I would have preferred Sheldon Day, Billings, or Hassan Ridgeway, but defensive tackle is a position that Bill evaluates better than anybody (that and linebacker). If Bill says he is worth a third rounder, then he's worth a third rounder.

Hue got me out here watching Cody Kessler highlights on a Saturday morning :/ ....

I'm looking like mech with this Qb stuff

The thing ppl keep saying about him is accuracy �� Can't say I watched a ton of USC games recently

(FULL DISCLOSURE: I may or may not be a lowkey USC stan because of all those years when Duke football was uber trash and I needed a team that actually had a chance to be decent to root for. If I need to update my fandom post, let me know)

But I'm higher on Kessler than I think most people are. He can't be an immediate impact starter or anything but I think if Who? guides him he can be decent eventually.

He's not John David Booty or Barkley

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Watching Pats fans whine is like seeing the rich, pretty girls at the party talking about how her daddy won't pay for the imported wax for her Maybach coupe.

(FULL DISCLOSURE: I may or may not be a lowkey USC stan because of all those years when Duke football was uber trash and I needed a team that actually had a chance to be decent to root for. If I need to update my fandom post, let me know)

But I'm higher on Kessler than I think most people are. He can't be an immediate impact starter or anything but I think if Who? guides him he can be decent eventually.

He's not John David Booty or Barkley
So Duke Basketball, USCw Football, and the Red Sox fan.. You're one of those people :)

I do agree with you in regards to Kessler. I am a little more on board with the pick since last night. Kessler might develop into something with Hue in charge.

Updated fandom post time!

Yall been known my allegiances.

Don't act brand-new

Bobcats Hornets
Panthers
Sox (Minor League: Durham Bulls/ Charlotte Knights)
United
Leicester (not really but I'm contractually obligated as a Panthers fan as part of the great Carolina-Leicester Alliance of 2015, tomorrow gonna be awkward)
Whatever is in opposition to the Chevy focus group commercials because those shits are trash, Malibu's nicer than a Bimmer my ass
Roger Federer
Eugenie Bae
Kylo
#Team Iron Man (Steve > Tony, but I'll be damned if my grandpa stood up to decades of discrimination just for me to root against Black Panther the first time he's on the big screen)
Lewis Hamilton (Fuck Nico)
USA in everything, that's the squad
Duke in everything, that's also the squad
USC in football (slightly)
The color red
Non-pineapple Pizza (Although I've come around on it)
Team Jacob
McCoys

If I had a local big league baseball club or soccer team, I would support them too. I ain't no gata.

Narag

I dunno, I just read that as a coach recognizing someone needs to work on his college game before really having his dreams crushed in the pros.

Top Bottom