• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JABEE

Pep visiting The Linc and taking in all of that history.

GXwTJ4g.jpg
Three NFL Championships

Ozzie the best

The Baltimore Ravens take everything into account when stacking their draft board.

The Ravens look at game film. They interview prospects. They check medial reports. And they also monitor social media.

While the Laremy Tunsil gas mask video should serve as a lesson, college players should've been wary about their social media accounts long before last Thursday night.

Ravens senior vice president of public relations Kevin Byrne recounted the time he stopped by general manager Ozzie Newsome's office Wednesday, a day before the start of the draft.

Byrne noticed a stack of papers in front of Newsome and asked him what he was reading.

“Tweets from the college players," Newsome responded. "Some of these guys aren’t very smart. Part of our research.”

In other words, an out-of-line tweet could count against you as much as a missed tackle when the Ravens put together their draft grades.

Seriously, the only time I don't love and trust Ozzie is during the draft. Before and after, he's a genius.

Line_HTX

What the hell is this banned substance from eating meat in Mexico? Because Duane Brown actually tested positive from the bye week last season.

Chris, Dega explain.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I was thinking that with all the casualties we've had in terms of permabans here recently that we should have one of those "survey" type questions in the OP of the next thread to make it more...welcoming I suppose to lurkers.

Something like:

What's your team?

How long have you been a fan? (if all your life, please provide a birth certificate)

Are the Patriots Cheaters? (if yes, skip question 4)

Seriously?

Pineapple on pizza acceptable or unacceptable?

How fat is Matthew Stafford?

What are your thoughts on cousins dating cousins? Also, did you like that?

Something like that...that's off the top of my head.

Jarnet87

Dat 2013 draft class, my lord.

12 of the 32 picks in the first round had their 5th year option declined. Lets make it 13 by throwing in my dumb ass Bucs trading the 13th pick for 1 year of Revis. The most since 2011, 5 of the top 10 from that year.

The Draft, what a biuriful thang.

Corey Coleman
Corey Coleman – Verified account ‏@TheCoreyColeman

Just found out I'll be wearing the jersey number of Browns Legend Bernie Kosar. I couldn't be more humbled and excited at the same time! #19
My boy! Game of Boys

*i see you Kave, I see you

squicken

How much leverage does Brees have? That team is years away from being a serious contender again and he's 38 in January.

I was referring more to his last deal. I think he is going to be like Peyton or Suh where he will play out his deal or get cut. I doubt they re-sign him. But he has his ring, so at this point he is all about salary maximization.

I was referring more to his last deal. I think he is going to be like Peyton or Suh where he will play out his deal or get cut. I doubt they re-sign him. But he has his ring, so at this point he is all about salary maximization.

Does Brees realize that though? Up to this offseason he's been playing the political game, most recently telling everyone that he would take a pay cut to nab Josh Norman (after he was signed elsewhere, the cad).

Brees better enjoy the deal he has because it's curtains for him in NO after this.

Fox318

Dude needs to shut up and take his medicine already.
This is about the union taking a shot at Goodell.

Frankly it could have an impact on other labor if the argument is that corporations can't force certain unions to terms of they are unethical or illegal.

But as bionic would say the courts want less cases and as long as Goodell shows he has an appeals process then he should win.

The larger issue is Goodell looks over appeals.

Tom Penny

How much leverage does Brees have? That team is years away from being a serious contender again and he's 38 in January.

He has a poison pill contract. He's getting fucking paid regardless. Already got 10m and carries 30m cap hit for 2016. Basically pay me or eat a fuck ton by letting me go...must be nice.

Fox318

The larger issue of all of this is I think Kraft told Goodell that spygate was a one time thing while 31 other owners protested.

Old cheaty is like Nixon. He didn't need to spy to win but he couldn't help himself.

squicken

Yikes! With a shirt like this, you got to take the Rams to the playoffs.

thumb.aspx

Good thing about LA is that if a team sucks, the fans just do something else. Fantomex's boys Fisher and Snead are the ones who have the pressure to make sure the populace pays attention

Good thing about LA is that if a team sucks, the fans just do something else. Fantomex's boys Fisher and Snead are the ones who have the pressure to make sure the populace pays attention

Sarcasm? That's the worst part of a LA team. St Louis would put up with an awful team because the only other thing they have is the Cardinals. Rams need to be good and they need to do it quick.

squicken

Sarcasm? That's the worst part of a LA team. St Louis would put up with an awful team because the only other thing they have is the Cardinals. Rams need to be good and they need to do it quick.

It's good for the players. They don't want the bros bugging them or booing them or hassling them on social media. The thirsty girls will still find them, which is all that matters. It's the owners who need fan engagement

It's good for the players. They don't want the fans bugging them. The thirsty girls will still find them, which is all that matters. It's the owners who need fan engagement

I've often wondered what team is the best for horny groupies. I'm guessing the Dolphins since they always seem to play distracted.

Fantomex

Yikes! With a shirt like this, you got to take the Rams to the playoffs.

thumb.aspx

You have to win in LA unless your the Clippers.

It's a win win for me. We go to the playoffs cool. We miss the playoffs and I don't think Fisher gets another year. Even with a rookie QB.

Yeah they do.

Duxxy3

So Scar has said Thuney is going to play inside. Pats better pray that Solder, and Vollmer can hold up the entire season.

Might as well pack it in if Solder gets injured again. He might be the second most irreplaceable person on the team, now that we have Bennett. There is no other legit LT on the team, assuming Thuley can't cut it.

@greggrosenthal
The Dolphins have won between 6-8 games for SEVEN straight years. In topsy-turvy league, that is so improbable

We about to get 8-8-8

Godslay

Banned
Been watching a lot of Lynch lately. Thought I would see a lot of Oz in him. Seeing a completely different QB.

Oz better in some departments, worse in others. It will be interesting to see their career arcs.

Top Bottom