• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pepiope

What lack of confidence? All it shows is he doesn't want to play in a bad situation. A team that he has no future with and totally gave up on this year.
He's 28. If he put together a great season this year and next, I don't believe we were going to bench him for Wentz, and if we did, Bradford would be in a prime position anyway. Good QBs usually don't switch teams. He'd have his choice of teams lining up to pay him a 100M+ deal.

The problem with the trade up....now average QB play is unacceptable. He wasn't going to coast to a job; he had to earn the title of franchise QB, and he backed down. On top of that he's making himself look like an ass to the rest of the NFL. It's disappointing all around.

rando14

He's 28. If he put together a great season this year and next, I don't believe we were going to bench him for Wentz, and if we did, Bradford would be in a prime position anyway. Good QBs usually don't switch teams. He'd have his choice of teams lining up to pay him a 100M+ deal.

The problem with the trade up....now average QB play is unacceptable. He wasn't going to coast to a job; he had to earn the title of franchise QB, and he backed down. On top of that he's making himself look like an ass to the rest of the NFL. It's disappointing all around.

lul

MechDX

At least Pep knew when to quit....:kas is still going strong.

Fuck that! NO wonder you are #TeamIronMan

db1c7e7ec47031f05d865d4861a83448.jpg

Thats why #TeamCap is best team! Not a bunch of quitters!

effzee

This is just BS. QBs and other position players demand trades or more money at times. The league doesn't care if they like the player. Look at the shit bag criminals who teams pick up. No one cares that he is looking bad. He is only looking bad cause as usual fans always take management's side.

And I'm sorry even if he plays like a top 5 QB, Eagles aren't bringing him back. They can't. They gave up so much to select Wentz. And if they somehow keep Bradford and try to trade Wentz they won't recoup what they gave up .

That's the whole reason Sam wants out. This only ends up with him being traded or cut next off season. If he plays real well they will try trade him for a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Pepiope

Maybe you missed the first part of that?

With the way salaries are going up a 100M+ deal wouldn't be out of the question.

effzee

Bradford could just stop being a little bitch go out there and win games. Then no one would say shit.

I don't think he cares what fans say or think. He's upset about knowing he only has this 1 year no matter what and would prefer a team that gives a real shot to play into a long term deal.

JABEE

No player taking that deal should feel they are guaranteed the starting job beyond one season. Even if the Eagles made him feel like he had a chance to keep the job beyond this season, the market dictated the security he deserved. The Eagles most likely overpaid.

To make a large public spectacle of this thing and then continue to act like a prick after the draft, when it is obvious no trade is going to be made is absurd.

Bradford is even being picky about the teams he is traded to. See the report about Bradford not liking Chip.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...snt-want-trade-to-49ers-because-of-chip-kelly

No team in the NFL will offer him the security and assurances that he is asking for. It's a ridiculous and entitled ask. To make this level of assurance his hard line in the sand is a delusional play. If Bradford was worth a long-term investment, other teams would be lining up to hand the Eagles multiple 1st round picks or he would have tested the market. No tag was placed on Bradford.

Bradford thinks that he's Tom Brady, because he's paid like Tom Brady.

rando14

Maybe you missed the first part of that?

With the way salaries are going up a 100M+ deal wouldn't be out of the question.

Who the hell is going to pay an extremely injury-prone, diva QB (because he is officially a Diva now) $100 million, based on one hypothetical good year (which he he never shown he can actually do).

If I was a terrible GM for a terrible franchise for even considering signing Sammy boy, I'd at least want to see 2 years before I give him anything.

Pepiope

Who the hell is going to pay an extremely injury-prone, diva QB (because he is officially a Diva now) $100 million, based on one hypothetical good year (which he he never shown he can actually do).

If I was a terrible GM for a terrible franchise for even considering signing Sammy boy, I'd at least want to see 2 years before I give him anything.

I underlined and bolded it again for you, friend!

Sam bet on himself when he got traded yo the Eagles. He turned down a long term contract because he was so worried about being traded to a team like the browns. Now he is supposed to put himself in that situation again because it is what is vest for the team that just screwed him over? That is insane. I hope he holds out all year and the Eagles eventually cut him so he can go where he wants. I know what it is like to have to work in a city that you don't want to. It really sucks, for his sake I hope he winds up with a team that actually wants him.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
At least Pep knew when to quit....:kas is still going strong.

So is Stafford so I'm there step by step as he leads us to the inevitable Restoration of the Roar.

Stafford has already proven himself in the NFL the next step is playoff win(s).

Stat of the Day: In the red zone last season Matthew Stafford threw for 19 TDs and only 2 INTs. He did this while having the 32nd ranked run game in the league and switching coordinators mid season.

That's ice cold

He clings to irrelevant stats because he knows he has no QB to defend and needs to mooch off the QBs of other teams, it's kinda sad.

Team Cap is automatically joining in with Pats fans. Can't do that.

#TeamIronMan

#TeamIronManPunchingTeethOut

<3

Better than Captain Small Hands Tannehill who gets killed in the opening credits.

He's a better hero than any of the QBs you've ever had...in franchise history.

This is just BS. QBs and other position players demand trades or more money at times. The league doesn't care if they like the player. Look at the shit bag criminals who teams pick up. No one cares that he is looking bad. He is only looking bad cause as usual fans always take management's side.

And I'm sorry even if he plays like a top 5 QB, Eagles aren't bringing him back. They can't. They gave up so much to select Wentz. And if they somehow keep Bradford and try to trade Wentz they won't recoup what they gave up .

That's the whole reason Sam wants out. This only ends up with him being traded or cut next off season. If he plays real well they will try trade him for a 1st or 2nd round pick.

In the very unlikely event that Bradford plays like a top 5 QB, he would be the starter in Philly for as long as he played at that level.

Sam bet on himself when he got traded yo the Eagles. He turned down a long term contract because he was so worried about being traded to a team like the browns. Now he is supposed to put himself in that situation again because it is what is vest for the team that just screwed him over? That is insane. I hope he holds out all year and the Eagles eventually cut him so he can go where he wants. I know what it is like to have to work in a city that you don't want to. It really sucks, for his sake I hope he winds up with a team that actually wants him.

I'm sure if he returned the 11 million signing bonus he received the Eagles would happily void his contract.

Pepiope

What's best for him is to play, not to sit.

What teams are going to line up to sign a QB who hasn't played in 3 of the last 4 seasons?

He needs to treat the Eagles as an audition for the rest of the NFL. Sitting is only going to make it worse.

BigAT

With all this talk about the Eagles constantly you might accidentally think they are a relevant team or a franchise that has ever accomplished anything.

Pepiope

With all this talk about the Eagles constantly you might accidentally think they are a relevant team or a franchise that has ever accomplished anything.
Hey you, STFU! :)

We're relevant...one of the most winningest teams in the NFL past 16 years buddy!

He was 2 years away from football, and wasn't even completely healthy until the pre-season. He would be the starting QB in SF, don't kid yourself. He will never go to SF though, so it's not like it matters. He doesn't wanna go anywhere it seems. Haha.

Not weak. There's just no defending him.

Gabbert hadn't played in nearly 2 years as well. I guess my point is that Bradford isn't better than gabbert, especially considering we'd have had to five up a pick to get him.

My final commentary on Sam Bradford cause yeah the circle jerk is getting old.

I don't think he cares what fans say or think. He's upset about knowing he only has this 1 year no matter what and would prefer a team that gives a real shot to play into a long term deal.
..and this is what you're just not understanding about the position some people here have taken concerning the above statement in bold: Sam Bradford doesn't have the pedigree, statistics, win percentage or just downright playing ability to make that demand for longer term commitment of any team in the NFL. Sam Bradford doesn't set his value, the market does. He should be lucky he even gets to "prove it" for 1 year to begin with considering he's had 5 years now to prove that he can:

1. Complete a season without getting injured and missing multiple games.
2. Win anything of consequence or hell even post a winning record leading a team at the most important position in the game.

Whether Howie created the situation or not by lying by omission, not being terribly upfront about his QB plans, whatever. Hell let's even concede that Howie just straight up LIED to him. So what? Yeah its morally reprehensible and all but the reality is that Sam Bradford had exactly one team willing to pay him 18 million dollars (with an 11 million guaranteed signing bonus!) to play the QB position for the 2016 season and that has GUARANTEED he'll be the starter and even stood by that statement time and time again. The contract the Eagles gave him was the best Sam was going to get on the open market. Anyone delusional enough to think otherwise needs their head checked. Tom Condon is no idiot.

For all of the ridiculous notions some of the Eagles fans here have had about his supposed "value", damn near every QB needy team chose the cheaper unproven draftee option just one week ago over paying whatever compensation it would have taken to get Sam Bradford on their team. Hell, the only known team to even INQUIRE about is services was Denver last I checked? I think that speaks a lot about his "value" on the open market.

You're right about one thing though - Sam Bradford has every right to ask for a trade if he's not happy with the QB situation in Philly. Every player has that right. He also has the right to sit at home and not play a single down for the Eagles ever again if he's willing to cough up the fines. What he does not have the ability to do is change his perceived value around the league unless he does one simple thing: play football and play it well. Even if for just a season.

You don't get to have endless chances to establish yourself and have a long term starting job just cause your Sam Bradford. When you're representation is telling the league "Ideally, (Bradford) would get to go someplace and establish himself and be there for some lengthy period of time."

..."establish" himself. He hasn't been able to do that successfully for damn near 6 years now across two different teams but hey NFL teams...keep fucking that Sam Bradford chicken. He'll come around any day now! Just let him establish himself!

UberTag

Ryan Fitzpatrick has proven himself more than Sam Bradford, IMO.
He's actually taken otherwise mediocre teams to winning seasons twice now.
The only thing Sam has on the Amish Rifle is that he's 5 years younger.

Fox318

Ryan Fitzpatrick has proven himself more than Sam Bradford, IMO.
He's actually taken otherwise mediocre teams to winning seasons twice now.
The only thing Sam has on the Amish Rifle is that he's 5 years younger.
Amen to that.

Bradford was spoiled and hasn't had to prove jack shit to get paid.

Meanwhile Fits gets looked down because he didn't go to school to act as a fundraiser and entertainer.

squicken

Receivers and OLs drafted during the Bradford era in STL

Chip Kelly so loved his guard play in Philly last year he traded back into the first round this year to reach for one. Ertz and Matthews are good ... and had career years with Bradford. This is mostly a trend with Bradford and his starting WRs/TEs. Jared Cook is the only one who had a full year with Bradford and had his career year elsewhere

Who has he held back? Who has blossomed elsewhere? Why is he that has failed?

Top Bottom