• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Eleuin

yP3PqSg.png

The fuck is all this garbage?

Sorry, I don't speak Cleveland! I'll need someone who can understand decades of disappointment to translate. Anyone from Toronto around?

fuck you how about that

NBC/WSJ poll already saying in Hillary vs Trump, 86% of African Americans pick Hillary

So yeah. For the two people who still thought this wouldn't be a blowout, for it not to be he's got a looooooooooooot of backtracking to do in like 5 months

NBC/WSJ poll already saying in Hillary vs Trump, 86% of African Americans pick Hillary

So yeah. For the two people who still thought this wouldn't be a blowout, for it not to be he's got a looooooooooooot of backtracking to do in like 5 months

Only 86%? Who are these 14%? That's a lot of uncle Rukus.

Godslay

Banned

Obama had 93% of the black vote @ 66% turnout in 2012.

Which if it slides to 86% for Hillary and likely a smaller turnout, that puts Florida, Michigan, Ohio, Penn, and Virginia at risk.

Funny how numbers work.

Obama had 93% of the black vote @ 66% turnout in 2012.

Which if it slides to 86% for Hillary and likely a smaller turnout, that puts Florida, Michigan, Ohio, Penn, and Virginia at risk.

Funny how numbers work.

Bigger deal is the latino vote anyway, as they make up a larger percentage of the population. That's his Achilles.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has proven himself more than Sam Bradford, IMO.
He's actually taken otherwise mediocre teams to winning seasons twice now.
The only thing Sam has on the Amish Rifle is that he's 5 years younger.
And Fitz is getting diddly.. How amazing is that?

2017 NFL mock draft

The Cleve wins another off season! Congrats Kave!
Fournette and Watson.. I'm most definitely okay with this again.

I was thinking that with all the casualties we've had in terms of permabans here recently that we should have one of those "survey" type questions in the OP of the next thread to make it more...welcoming I suppose to lurkers.

Something like:

What's your team?

How long have you been a fan? (if all your life, please provide a birth certificate)

Are the Patriots Cheaters? (if yes, skip question 4)

Seriously?

Pineapple on pizza acceptable or unacceptable?

How fat is Matthew Stafford?

What are your thoughts on cousins dating cousins? Also, did you like that?

Something like that...that's off the top of my head.
Something like that works.

Floyd's Boy!
You are disgusting.. I wish you a week of hell for this.. May you get dumped by your significant other, catch a stomach flu, or fail an assignment in one of your classes..

Only then will you ever come close to making up for this derogatory statement.

The point was to get the head coach fired, duh. There was still talk about his job being secure before that game. Thanks for that!

And you got Jim O'Neil.. I feel like you lost out there.

I'm not sure you're gonna be ready for the Jim O'Neil Defense...
No one is BG.. No one.

Yup.. Not to mention his lack of campaign structure in many states.. Christ he has no GOTV measures.

Godslay

Banned
Bigger deal is the latino vote anyway, as they make up a larger percentage of the population. That's his Achilles.

The Latino vote is concentrated in areas that are largely out of contention anyways. Probably not going to affect Texas. California and New York are going Dem, so the Latino pop in those states are a drop in the bucket so to speak.

Latino's typically have lower turnout than Blacks as well.

Maybe Trump's statements in that area spur them to turnout more and make a more of a difference?

I doubt it though, because it's been proven that the Latino vote and Asian vote as of right now is overstated at how much it impacts the election. Because they are concentrated in non-battleground states for the most part.

I'm going to bed, now.

Watching Game of Thrones for the first time to catch up to the most recent season. Into Season 4 and this show doesn't fuck around at all. Goddamn.

Striker

I would've liked Tunsil but I can see why they opted to pass on him. He is very immature and needs coaching like Apple does.

Apple is just 20 yrs. old. Plenty of growth left but his size, speed and talent cannot be overlooked. I think he is in a good spot behind Jenkins and DRC. It would be nice if they can land Leon Hall, too (ala Sam Madison in 2007). Although passing a physical seems to have stalled him from signing anywhere yet.

Good morning everyone

Don't fuck this up, America.

I know you really, really want to.

But don't.
Take a deep breathe.. It'll be ok.

People.. We are going to see fuckery taken to the highest levels. It's going to be astonishing this election cycle. Sit in the roller coaster and hold on tight..

effzee

No player taking that deal should feel they are guaranteed the starting job beyond one season. Even if the Eagles made him feel like he had a chance to keep the job beyond this season, the market dictated the security he deserved. The Eagles most likely overpaid.

No team in the NFL will offer him the security and assurances that he is asking for. It's a ridiculous and entitled ask. To make this level of assurance his hard line in the sand is a delusional play. If Bradford was worth a long-term investment, other teams would be lining up to hand the Eagles multiple 1st round picks or he would have tested the market. No tag was placed on Bradford.

Bradford thinks that he's Tom Brady, because he's paid like Tom Brady.

No I'm sorry you, other Eagles fans (esp the ones questioning his manhood or courage), and most of the media people I have seen are wrong on this.

I am no fan of Bradford. I didn't want him back. I never bought into his hype before last season, during the season, and while he improved I saw nothing that sold me on him.

So this isn't a defense of Bradford so I don't really give a shit about people posting about his lack of accomplishments and poor play. No shit we all know that. It's why when Chip traded for him we all thought it was part of some master plan to flip with a package of picks to the Titans to get Marcus Mariota.

Howie and the Eagles fucked this up. Nowhere has Sam or his agent said he deserves or is demanding a long term deal. They read the market, met with the Eagles, his teammates wanted him back, he wanted to be back, and most of all Howie, our new football czar, wanted him back.

Sam was sold the idea of a 2 year prove it deal (with the Eagles being able to walk away after 1 season) SO he could continue to build on his play last season and possibly play into a big deal. If he is upset its cause now that opportunity doesn't exist.

If he wants to be traded because of that, I don't get what his past play has to do with it. Players demand trades, new contracts, or more money all the time. The whole his teammates are upset with him shit is overblown because we have 1 reporter saying only 1 teammate reached out to him.

I am pretty sure once training camp rolls around and his teammates see the real possibility of wasting a year of their career to a rookie QB or career back up, they would be just fine with Bradford coming back to start.

They could have let him test the market and when no one called, they could have signed him for even less with his value lowered. They got the deal done before FA and paid him market value but FAR more than I think he deserves.

In the very unlikely event that Bradford plays like a top 5 QB, he would be the starter in Philly for as long as he played at that level.

No he wouldn't. They would try to flip him for a pick or picks.

You don't give up as much as they did and then do what? Stash Wentz on the bench? His value drops by the minute because who will trade anything more than a 3rd or 4th for him in that scenario?

bradford stuff!

Again missing the point. I am no fan and I would be happier if he was never brought back in FA or now if he was traded and they ate the 11m.

I just think the anger should be directed at Howie and management, not the player.

For all the shit about what has Bradford ever done, what has Howie ever done? This is what 3rd chance? What a gem of a GM!

Top Bottom