• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pepiope

"Over the last 10 NFL drafts (excluding this year's, of course), 25 quarterbacks were selected in the first round. Of those 25, 15 started for their teams in Week 1, and 21 started before their rookie seasons were half finished. Of the 14 who were top 10 picks, 11 started in Week 1, and 13 started by Week 5.
Of the 11 quarterbacks who were drafted first, second, or third overall - the category into which Wentz would fall - nine started in Week 1. Nine. The Eagles can pay lip service to letting Wentz learn by watching, but the conventional wisdom these days is that real live NFL action is the great winnower, the most reliable and rigorous training ground for young quarterbacks, and the earlier a player is exposed to it, the better."

This article on the Eagles QB mess was posted yesterday, but I found this part amazing. 13/14 QBs selected at the top of the draft started for their team by week 5 their first year. Teams dont let high picks sit on the bench anymore. The Eagles telling Sam that he is the starter this year isnt even true, let alone him having a shot to become the long term guy
They want to treat him like Rodgers. Not Luck, Winston, Mariota, RG3, or Cam.

Sam probably was going to start and play the entire year. If he sucked I could see them switching to Wentz once we were out of playoff contention, but either way...I doubt Wentz plays in the first half of the season unless Bradford and Daniel both go down with injuries.

Pepiope

Lord knows the Houston area needs more expensive, time consuming, and inefficient construction projects near highways.

Edit: I continue to be amazed how long this Bradford discussion has gone on. Might be because Eagles GAF appears to be our largest fanbase these days....

Packers GAF has fallen off a cliff outside the occasional Greg post and a few others.
Imagine how big Eagles GAF will be when they win the Owl. This whole thread will be Eagles GAF

slabrock

Banned
Imagine how big Eagles GAF will be when they win the Owl. This whole thread will be Eagles GAF

wlUYgQp.png

Hindl

I'm even tired of the Bradford talk. Everything that could possibly be said has been said, so unless new news comes out it's not really worth talking about

Spinluck

Any hot blonde women nearby?

I asked this really hot blonde chick with a nice buttocks out at work. I thought of you when i did it friend. She said she was too busy, then she said she was talking to some one. Forever alone.

At least the Colts draft went well, and Overwatch is really good.

MechDX

I asked this really hot blonde chick with a nice buttocks out at work. I thought of you when i did it friend. She said she was too busy, then she said she was talking to some one. Forever alone.

At least the Colts draft went well, and Overwatch is really good.

Yes they did actually. A shame no one in the division will contend since the Jags completely won free agency and the draft. I for one welcome the Bort future

RBH

Okay let's talk about matt Ryan's nfl accomplishments instead.

Sure thing, it's certainly a lot more than what He Who Shall Not Be Named has ever accomplished in the NFL.

For starters:

-Having a winning season
-Winning the division title
-Going to the playoffs
-Winning a playoff game

Basic parameters that He Who Shall Not Be Named has never accomplished.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Sure thing, it's certainly a lot more than what He Who Shall Not Be Named has ever accomplished in the NFL.

For starters:

-Having a winning season
-Going to the playoffs
-Winning a playoff game

Matt_Ryan_2_Points.0.jpg

For starters:

-Having a winning season
-Going to the playoffs
-Winning a playoff game

I am drawing a blank but who did he beat in the playoffs?

MechDX

That was painful to watch.

I don't know if I've ever seen a quarterback play that poorly in such a big game.

5 turnovers in a single game.....5 fucking turnovers. Also that opening kickoff TD on special teams. Thank God we fired ST coach Legeshitsky (or however you pronounce it) and brought in Houston native and Patriots legend Larry Izzo!

Line_HTX

We've been supplanted by the Texans as the new standard in playoff embarrassment:

qDC3MlD.png

The Falcons are not going to the playoffs anytime soon, and LOL Bitch Ryan had Bitch White and Tony Gonzalez and you still didn't do SHIT worth of any shit.

Meanwhile, Hoyer is finally gone, and the Special Teams coach has been FIRED.

Enjoy getting run over by the Saints again.

Spinluck

Yes they did actually. A shame no one in the division will contend since the Jags completely won free agency and the draft. I for one welcome the Bort future

Jimmy Irsay said Texans are the team to beat.

He knows nothing about the sleeping beast that's awakening down in North Florida!

RBH

Nah, your kicker did after the refs gave him a free practice kick.

But we've lost to terrible QBs like Kaep, Andy Dalton, Tannehill, and Carson Palmer too, so that's not really notable.
:lol Three years later and you're still salty about it

I suppose it was a nice form of karma after you cheered Sean Weatherspoon getting injured

Line_HTX

And while we're at it, I'm glad there were 5 turnovers to show the entire planet that it's way WAY WAY long past time to fix the fucking offense, which the Texans did in Free Agency and the Draft.

Bitch Ryan can't do shit anymore and is washed up.

RBH

Nope, #factsonly!

And I'll keep reminding you as long as you keep trotting it out there like winning a divisional round game is some sort of accomplishment ;)

Much more of an accomplishment than you cheering for a player getting injured. ;)

Top Bottom