• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm available for UFC 200. I'll get my face punched in for half what Connor was supposed to get! I've seen Warrior several times, so I feel like I can do it.

Good morning to you all.

I was legally prescribed opiates and benzos.
Oh I see. Ok then.

I know a former Dolphins cheerleader, she was into modeling and as soon as she left the Dolphins she was going to train for some fitness competitions but she couldn't get a sponsor, she did some light modeling work for Red-bull and now she works as a hostess at Twin Peaks, some kinda of Hooters wannabe. From what I've seen on the Dolphins at least, a lot of them already have full time jobs/careers or are going to school, which would be the smart thing to do.

Next thing you'll say is there's some strippers actually saving for college. Oh Chris.
:jnc

Christian Hackenberg

Do it kas
Stop trying to make him a thing.

effzee

Didn't the Bradford deal have some weird stipulation about not starting until July 1 or something like that? I mean, isn't it possible that the Eagles trade up, take Wentz and dump Bradford without having to pay him anything? I thought I remembered seeing something about the contract having that weird time lag.

99% sure that isn't the case. There was some talk about language in the contract which made him possible to trade but again why would the Browns want him when they seem to want out of the #2 spot (meaning they don't want a QB) and seem to be happy, for now, with RG3?

I think Browns draft one of the other QB prospects in later rounds and hope RG3 reclaims rookie season glory.

I don't see a team interested in Bradford via trade unless the Jets somehow get involved.

If the Eagles do move up and draft Wentz or Goff (whoever is available), then I expect Bradford to still start and depending on he does, next season (2017) the rookie will have a chance to start with Chase Daniels as competition/back up.

Bradford's deal is such that year 2 in no guarantee and they can easily part ways with him after this coming up season.

Plan would be:

1. He finally becomes what he was drafted to be at which point Eagles extend him to make him their franchise QB for next the 5 years. Eagles make the playoffs and possibly win SB.
  2. He plays average, not justifying his salary, and the Eagles miss the playoffs. He isn't back next year. Rookie takes over.
  3. He plays great or average, but gets hurt (again). He isn't back next year. Rookie starts next year.
  4. He plays terrible, Chase is inserted, and rookie is groomed to start next year week 1.

Drafting any of the QBs at pick 2 indicates they have little hope in Bradford being back next season and are only using him for this coming up season to show improvement and possibly make the playoffs, while they do a rebuild on the fly as the real plan.

gutshot

No matter how you cut it though, if the plan was to draft a franchise QB at the top of the draft, then resigning Bradford was a mistake. Daniel can be a bridge QB just as well, if not better than Bradford.

I mean, even if Bradford plays lights out next year, you're now stuck with having to pay him huge money to keep him AND you have no good way of stocking up with young talent as you traded away 4 of your top 6 picks over the next two years.

It just doesn't make any sense to trade up, the way the QB situation is setup currently.

RBH

I just saw the score and the first quarter!

No wonder I haven't heard Bill Simmons talking all his "good shit"

Also guys why is my girl Mary Kay so obsessed with Johnny? Let him go gurl, he's not your beat anymore.
My face looked like your avatar during the first quarter of that game!

effzee

https://mobile.twitter.com/975TheFanatic/status/722751513437806593

Eagles so desperate. Give us more picks then to seal the deal.

Was just about to post the Schefter comments. He is basically confirming Eagles were in it for the #1 pick and are now ready to deal with Cleveland.

The reason the deal isn't done is because Cleveland is holding out for more. My god it makes no sense!

No matter how you cut it though, if the plan was to draft a franchise QB at the top of the draft, then resigning Bradford was a mistake. Daniel can be a bridge QB just as well, if not better than Bradford.

I mean, even if Bradford plays lights out next year, you're now stuck with having to pay him huge money to keep him AND you have no good way of stocking up with young talent as you traded away 4 of your top 6 picks over the next two years.

It just doesn't make any sense to trade up, the way the QB situation is setup currently.

Exactly my thoughts. They could have even saved that money they paid him and shored up some other spots which they won't get to with the picks they trade away.
Could have signed 2 good Guard FAs instead of 1 and could have targeted another vet CB or LB.

bionic77

I'm sorry friend, pls accept this as an apology

giphy.gif
What percentage of that is real and what is created or aided by plastic surgery?

Wes

venison crêpe
The Eagles would only be tradin up for a QB right?

I like the idea of trading with them for a first and a bunch of 3s.

We may miss out on one of the top 6/7 talents this year but their pick could be in the top 16 next year for sure.

Was just about to post the Schefter comments. He is basically confirming Eagles were in it for the #1 pick and are now ready to deal with Cleveland.

The reason the deal isn't done is because Cleveland is holding out for more. My god it makes no sense!
Smoke, Amirite? Making a concrete offer for pick 1 was just smoke. Smokeception

Hindl

If we're giving up 2 1sts and 3 3s, I at least want a 2nd back. Also don't want to trade up for either of these QBs when we have so much money wrapped up in it already. Take a later round guy and try to develop them. Now if we were to move up for someone like Ramsey, I'd be alright with that, but not Wentz

99% sure that isn't the case. There was some talk about language in the contract which made him possible to trade but again why would the Browns want him when they seem to want out of the #2 spot (meaning they don't want a QB) and seem to be happy, for now, with RG3?

I think Browns draft one of the other QB prospects in later rounds and hope RG3 reclaims rookie season glory.

I don't see a team interested in Bradford via trade unless the Jets somehow get involved.

If the Eagles do move up and draft Wentz or Goff (whoever is available), then I expect Bradford to still start and depending on he does, next season (2017) the rookie will have a chance to start with Chase Daniels as competition/back up.

Bradford's deal is such that year 2 in no guarantee and they can easily part ways with him after this coming up season.

Plan would be:

1. He finally becomes what he was drafted to be at which point Eagles extend him to make him their franchise QB for next the 5 years. Eagles make the playoffs and possibly win SB.
  2. He plays average, not justifying his salary, and the Eagles miss the playoffs. He isn't back next year. Rookie takes over.
  3. He plays great or average, but gets hurt (again). He isn't back next year. Rookie starts next year.
  4. He plays terrible, Chase is inserted, and rookie is groomed to start next year week 1.

Drafting any of the QBs at pick 2 indicates they have little hope in Bradford being back next season and are only using him for this coming up season to show improvement and possibly make the playoffs, while they do a rebuild on the fly as the real plan.

In my head I have this crazy three way trade where the 49ers trade up to 2, then trade that to the Eagles for a package involving Bradford.

Chip gets a veteran who knows his system and has proven he can succeed in it, Eagles get their franchise guy while dropping the now redundant Bradford, and Browns get some picks to rebuild.

effzee

What percentage of that is real and what is created or aided by plastic surgery?

Only one way to find out. I volunteer as tribute.

If we're giving up 2 1sts and 3 3s, I at least want a 2nd back. Also don't want to trade up for either of these QBs when we have so much money wrapped up in it already. Take a later round guy and try to develop them. Now if we were to move up for someone like Ramsey, I'd be alright with that, but not Wentz

No way we get a 2nd back in return. But agree with rest. I'd rather trade up for Ramsey then a QB considered who we signed and resigned at QB already.

If Eagles do have a deal in place I don't expect it to be announced until draft day when Browns are on the clock. Unless they somehow know 100% who Rams are taking OR are equally in love with both Goff and Wentz.

Hindl

In my head I have this crazy three way trade where the 49ers trade up to 2, then trade that to the Eagles for a package involving Bradford.

Chip gets a veteran who knows his system and has proven he can succeed in it, Eagles get their franchise guy while dropping the now redundant Bradford, and Browns get some picks to rebuild.

Depending on the picks involved, I'd be ok with that actually. I like Bradford but I'm just not sure he'll be around long anyway. I'd give up a 1st, Bradford, and 2 3s and a 3 next year for that. Just really don't want to give up next years 1st

Only one way to find out. I volunteer as tribute.

No way we get a 2nd back in return. But agree with rest. I'd rather trade up for Ramsey then a QB considered who we signed and resigned at QB already.

If Eagles do have a deal in place I don't expect it to be announced until draft day when Browns are on the clock. Unless they somehow know 100% who Rams are taking OR are equally in love with both Goff and Wentz.

Yeah just wishful thinking on my part. Although like Croc said, if we were able to deal Bradford too, I'd consider moving up to take Wentz. It would also probably limit the picks we'd have to give up too if we can deal Bradford. But that's just a fantasy scenario

gutshot

Depending on the picks involved, I'd be ok with that actually. I like Bradford but I'm just not sure he'll be around long anyway. I'd give up a 1st, Bradford, and 2 3s and a 3 next year for that. Just really don't want to give up next years 1st

I mean, yeah, that would be awesome. But it's not gonna happen. Bradford's trade value is almost zero. The only team dumb enough to give up a first for him were the Browns and that was a different GM and head coach. Don't think they would do it now. And I doubt Chip will make the same mistake twice, so that rules out the Niners.

effzee

That would be amazing but would also involve Denver so they get Kaep!

Can you imagine a 4 team trade? It would be crazy and rock the NFL! And would minimize the picks the Eagles have to give up.

But don't see it. The players really pushed for and rallied around keeping Sam. He played ok overall while showing improvement near the end plus while he is paid a lot, it isn't breaking the bank for what QBs get.

I wonder what other teams are interested in the #2 pick. If there isn't another team, Eagles could also negotiate with the Jags. Or risk Dallas passing on a QB and just wait till their turn. Maybe Bradford to swap first round spots with SF?

bionic77

Grover please explain this "research" you did.

Especially if you have links, pictures and videos in support of the same.

There are many scientists in this thread who would like to peer review your work.

effzee

How about this trade:

Denver gets : Kaep
SF gets: Bradford, 4th round pick from Denver,
Cleveland gets: Eagles #8 pick, 3rd round pick this year, and SF's 2nd round this year.
Philly gets: # 2 overall pick

How about this trade:

Cleveland gets: Eagles #8 pick, 3rd round pick this year, and SF's 2nd round this year.
For me that's not enough, I feel Browns are only making a trade if the deal is overwhelming.

Hindl

Bad trade for everyone but the Eagles. DEN isn't that bad either I guess. But SF and Browns would be fleeced

gutshot

Dayyuuuuuuuuuuum

I spent way too much time on that kid's YouTube channel, trying to find out how that hook up happened. But this dude literally just tweeted at her and then 3 days later, flew down to Mexico to meet her and they hit it off. And now, almost a year later, they live together in NYC.

Moral of the story: never let your dreams be dreams, friends.

Drakeon

How about this trade:

Fuck off with this awful trade compensation.

And the Eagles shouldn't rely on another team to bail them out of that stupid Bradford contract. Why did they sign him if they wanted to draft Wentz or Goff? Front office doesn't know what it's doing. Bradford was a free agent, the Eagles did not have to pay him a dime, but Howie Roseman and Pederson wanted to keep him or they wouldn't have given him 18 million.

I will fucking give up on this season if we trade literally anything for Bradford.

Happy Annual Drug Testing Window Opening Day!

Who's favorite player will get popped this time, I wonder.

(Keep in mind that we saw Cam smoking a suspicious looking item a few months back)

bionic77

I spent way too much time on that kid's YouTube channel, trying to find out how that hook up happened. But this dude literally just tweeted at her and then 3 days later, flew down to Mexico to meet her and they hit it off. And now, almost a year later, they live together in NYC.

Moral of the story: never let your dreams be dreams, friends.
Anything is possible when sex with you could lead to a green card.

Hindl

Also helps to be wealthy, have good looks, and to be ripped though.

Being all three is like a hat trick for women.

Yeah. He's a professional gamer, but it's not like he's ugly or anything. Pretty cool though he's living the life

Eagles have $30m this year tied up in QBs and now they are going to trade a bunch of picks to get another one. Lol this is such a nightmare.

gutshot

Also helps to be wealthy, have good looks, and to be ripped though.

Being all three is like a hat trick for women.

To be fair, the dude was your typical dorky gamer kid when he was in his teens. Unlike most dorky gamer kids, he started working out. It seems like that gave him some confidence, which in turn allowed him to take a chance on hot Mexican weather lady.

Anything is possible when sex with you could lead to a green card.

White american men do well in Latin America

I know a guy who basically went to Brazil and came back with a 9/10 wife. He's successful but a shorter guy. Got tired of being shit on in the Anerican dating scene.

effzee

Fuck off with this awful trade compensation.

And the Eagles shouldn't rely on another team to bail them out of that stupid Bradford contract. Why did they sign him if they wanted to draft Wentz or Goff? Front office doesn't know what it's doing. Bradford was a free agent, the Eagles did not have to pay him a dime, but Howie Roseman and Pederson wanted to keep him or they wouldn't have given him 18 million.

I will fucking give up on this season if we trade literally anything for Bradford.

Ha calm down I just made it up.

Eagles don't need bailing on the Bradford deal. They signed it cause they wanted him back. I am just throwing him in there in case it was a 3 team deal and Chip wanted Bradford back to play for him in SF.

Better getting Bradford if you trade Kaep and don't like or get any of the QBs in the draft.

effzee

For me that's not enough, I feel Browns are only making a trade if the deal is overwhelming.

SF gets: Bradford, 4th round pick from Denver, and Eagles 3rd from this year
Cleveland gets: Eagles #8 pick, 3rd round pick this year, and SF's 2nd round this year and Eagles 2nd round from next year.
Philly gets: # 2 overall pick.

How about now?

Top Bottom