• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

gutshot

So seems like Sam forced his agent's hand, who probably knew the market wasn't appealing and would have advised against it.

Howie wanted 2 2nd round picks? WTF?

It seems the Eagles legitimately want Bradford to play this year, so yeah, if that is the case you should ask for a lot in return for giving up your starting QB. The Eagles held all the leverage in this scenario because Bradford wasn't going to hold out forever. There was too much money on the line.

Hindl

It seems the Eagles legitimately want Bradford to play this year, so yeah, if that is the case you should ask for a lot in return for giving up your starting QB. The Eagles held all the leverage in this scenario because Bradford wasn't going to hold out forever. There was too much money on the line.

Yeah. You could disagree that it's a good idea to have him as your starting QB, but if you want him then you won't let him walk. Howie set the price so high because he knew no one would bite, and if they did it would be too good to pass up

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
This must be the most uninteresting NFL offseason in history if Sam Bradford is being discussed on every page of this thread.

Fox318

tq0RHUi.jpg

Ricky Fowler's shoes today

gutshot

Yeah. You could disagree that it's a good idea to have him as your starting QB, but if you want him then you won't let him walk. Howie set the price so high because he knew no one would bite, and if they did it would be too good to pass up

Exactly. I have no problem with the way Howie handled this situation, starting from draft night until now. I think his mistake was not deciding to take one of two paths with regards to the QB position. Either go all-in for Wentz or sign Bradford to a prove-it deal. Doing both was kinda dumb, cost a ton of resources and led to this whole mess. But he handled it about as well as he could have once it happened.

BigAT

My favorite is the idea of a 5-year NFL veteran that's just finished a full year with an organization needing a "prove it" deal in order to show his worth to a team.

Wentz signs a fully guaranteed 4 year deal for $27m with a $17.6m signing bonus.
Edit: Wentz said he basically agreed to the language of the deal with the Eagles before they agreed to trade up to #2. So much for the Eagles not knowing who the rams would take.

Pepiope

Howie wanted 2 2nd round picks? WTF?
I told you that is what he's worth. People are crazy if they thought he being moved for anything less. Good job Howie.

Wentz signs a fully guaranteed 4 year deal for $27m with a $17.6m signing bonus.
Edit: Wentz said he basically agreed to the language of the deal with the Eagles before they agreed to trade up to #2. So much for the Eagles not knowing who the rams would take.
Which I've also said. The Eagles don't make that deal unless they absolutely 100% know who the Rams wanted.

Fuck that vanilla or chocolate noise. We wanted Vanilla and we got it!

My favorite is the idea of a 5-year NFL veteran that's just finished a full year with an organization needing a "prove it" deal in order to show his worth to a team.
New regime.

He was injury plagued his whole career and had to deal with new OCs constantly. He wants continuity, I don't blame him.

cdyhybrid

I told you that is what he's worth. People are crazy if they thought he being moved for anything less. Good job Howie.

Which I've also said. The Eagles don't make that deal unless they absolutely 100% know who the Rams wanted.

Fuck that vanilla or chocolate noise. We wanted Vanilla and we got it!
Fucking racists smh

The espn story on crazy eyes caldwell is funny. Dude is doing time because he ordered Molly online to sell but is doing less time because it wasnt good drugs.

When he met with law enforcement after his Molly arrest, Caldwell recognized the FBI agent's Boston accent and sat back and waited. "You're that guy who cost Tommy anudda Soupa Bowl," he howled

Lmao, fucking savage.

Godslay

Banned
Von's Superbowl MVP should have catapulted him over Watt.

I like Watt and he's great no doubt, but I've never seen him take over a game like that on the biggest stage against the league's MVP. Not to mention Von had a monster playoff run with a consistently damn good regular season campaign.

I like Watt and he's great no doubt, but I've never seen him take over a game like that on the biggest stage against the league's MVP. Not to mention Von had a monster playoff run with a consistently damn good regular season campaign.
High five good sir!

tsgNNs93oIbwk.gif

Hindl

I don't mean to take away from Von, but I have to side with Watt. First, swap Von and Watt. Do you think Von does as good on the Texans as Watt did? And do you think Watt wouldn't have produced on the 2015 Broncos D? Think about who was around the two of them. Also, Von has a lot more freedom in the 3-4 than Watt does given their positions. Again, Von was absolutely incredible, and his pass-rushing skills are above Watts. But I think Watt is a better run stuffer, better at absorbing blocks, and more versatile. And I think Von's supporting cast is better than what Watt has to work with. This is arguing a 1-2 spot, and Von has a legitimate argument for the top spot, I'm not arguing Watt is indisputably better. But if I'm building a team I think I might take Watt over Von. Also, over the course of the entire season, Watt was more impressive, despite Von's fantastic playoff run

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I don't mean to take away from Von, but I have to side with Watt. First, swap Von and Watt. Do you think Von does as good on the Texans as Watt did? And do you think Watt wouldn't have produced on the 2015 Broncos D? Think about who was around the two of them. Also, Von has a lot more freedom in the 3-4 than Watt does given their positions. Again, Von was absolutely incredible, and his pass-rushing skills are above Watts. But I think Watt is a better run stuffer, better at absorbing blocks, and more versatile. And I think Von's supporting cast is better than what Watt has to work with. This is arguing a 1-2 spot, and Von has a legitimate argument for the top spot, I'm not arguing Watt is indisputably better. But if I'm building a team I think I might take Watt over Von. Also, over the course of the entire season, Watt was more impressive, despite Von's fantastic playoff run
This is why you're the best.I forgive you for beating me in rocket league now.

MechDX

Watt is a very good regular season player, I will give you that. When the list specifically says that they consider postseason you have to give von the edge.

Guess that means Marino sucked.

Those Vikings defenses of the 70's were terrible

And the Eagles have NEVER had a good team

Bummer

Hindl

Nice to see some football discussion on here for once!

Which is better - to be a great player on a great team or a superstar surrounded by 10 pieces of trash?

The former gets you Super Bowl MVP, the latter gets you embarrassed out of the playoffs

This is why you're the best.I forgive you for beating me in rocket league now.

Lol thanks Dega maybe next time we can be on the same team

Godslay

Banned
I don't mean to take away from Von, but I have to side with Watt. First, swap Von and Watt. Do you think Von does as good on the Texans as Watt did? And do you think Watt wouldn't have produced on the 2015 Broncos D? Think about who was around the two of them. Also, Von has a lot more freedom in the 3-4 than Watt does given their positions. Again, Von was absolutely incredible, and his pass-rushing skills are above Watts. But I think Watt is a better run stuffer, better at absorbing blocks, and more versatile. And I think Von's supporting cast is better than what Watt has to work with. This is arguing a 1-2 spot, and Von has a legitimate argument for the top spot, I'm not arguing Watt is indisputably better. But if I'm building a team I think I might take Watt over Von

The argument wasn't based on who you would build a franchise around. It's who had the better year. I'd take either one to build a franchise around. Watt might be the more dominant individual player, but both are generational players that will probably be HoFs when it's all said and done.

DPOY is nice, disappearing in the playoffs and getting a 30 burger dropped on you by Alex Smith in the playoffs is terrible. I get that he blew his groin out in that game so that's not entirely fair, and Hoyer threw the game away. Still you'd think with the levels of hype and regular season production Watt would have came away with something that game. The neutralized him, plain and simple.

What's even better is having a good regular season campaign, being the integral part of the #1 defense in the league, taking over the playoffs, crushing the MVP and their 1 loss team in the Superbowl, and then winning the SB MVP. Then getting invited to Dancing with the Stars and looking good while not being overexposed.

I'd give up all the DPOYs in the world, to have a season like that personally.

2016 playoffs stats:

Jj Watt:
1 tackle
1 assist
0 pressures, hurries, sacks, passes defended.

Von Miller:
13 tackles
2 assists
5 sacks
1 int
2 passes defended

Still doesn't diminish my argument. Guess you are just that dense.
What is tour argument? I haven't seen you make one yet. No one is saying that you have to win the super bowl to be great, but you have to do something, anything in the playoffs to be better then a guy that had an amazing playoff run.

I mean, I'm as hard on Justin James over his lack of playoff success as anyone, but I wouldn't let 4 weeks be the thing makes or breaks a guy's season.

That being said, offseason player power rankings are stupid and all the dudes are great. Every single one of us would take either Von Miller or JJ Watt on our teams.

Ain't no one got time for facts especially YH
O really:

Von Miller, OLB, Denver Broncos (10)
The postseason enjoyed by Von Miller catapults him up this list, ending in a Super Bowl in which he was the single biggest factor, coming hard on the heels of an AFC Championship game in which the same case could be made. Miller demonstrated that, at the peak of his play, there is no more fearsome edge rusher, as well as the effect a dominant rusher can have on an offense. Miller has an ideal blend of quickness, burst, and bend to completely perplex most blockers tasked with stopping him, and while many players are examples of what you can achieve if you don’t fit the NFL’s ideal prototype measurables profile, Miller is the embodiment of what can happen if you fit it to perfection. Over the regular season, he was a key player on the best defense in the league, but there was no better postseason than the one Von Miller displayed, ending with four-straight dominant displays (including a must-win Week 17 encounter) in which he totaled seven sacks and 30 pressures.
Best performance: AFC Championship Game versus New England

Maybe don't talk if you don't know what you are talking about.

DPOY is nice, disappearing in the playoffs and getting a 30 burger dropped on you by Alex Smith in the playoffs is terrible. I get that he blew his groin out in that game so that's not entirely fair, and Hoyer threw the game away. Still you'd think with the levels of hype and regular season production Watt would have came away with something that game. The neutralized him, plain and simple.

Hmm...I know i've heard that argument somewhere before...

cdyhybrid

I mean, I'm as hard on Justin James over his lack of playoff success as anyone, but I wouldn't let 4 weeks be the thing makes or breaks a guy's season.

That being said, offseason player power rankings are stupid and all the dudes are great. Every single one of us would take either Von Miller or JJ Watt on our teams.
Yep.

On a side note, I went to buy beer at Safeway and an entire section was dedicated to NYFRB and things if that ilk. Grovo pls, what have you done to my store?

Top Bottom