• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

BigAT

Damn Yankee do you even read what you post?

pot-kettle.jpg

Damn Yankee do you even read what you post?
What are you talking about now? What I posted said that von's dominate postseason moved him up the list, so clearly they did consider playoffs. Did you decide to take the playoffs off last year like jj did? I don't understand why you are having so much trouble with this.

squicken

Gronk is the best player in the game in the sense that he is so much better than any other TE. But Watt is a legend already. I mean if your argument is defensive end winz then good luck with that

Godslay

Banned
Gronk is the best player in the game in the sense that he is so much better than any other TE. But Watt is a legend already. I mean if your argument is defensive end winz then good luck with that

I just feel bad for JJ, maybe he'll get a chance like Reggie White or Neil Smith.

MechDX

Lets go back to discussing the Eagles QB situation

They are spending 46.5 million on QBs this year. Ravens are #2 with 30 million

squicken

I just feel bad for JJ, maybe he'll get a chance like Reggie White or Neil Smith.

His career is pretty much a monument to how irrelevant everything is without decent QB play. I've seen enough of Brock to think his floor is a lot higher than anything the Texans have had since Schaub's prime years. I just don't know if he's ever going to excel. I'd definitely rather have any of the other QBs in the AFCS. So it's tough to be all that bullish on the team when Brock makes more than all the others combined

Godslay

Banned
His career is pretty much a monument to how irrelevant everything is without decent QB play. I've seen enough of Brock to think his floor is a lot higher than anything the Texans have had since Schaub's prime years. I just don't know if he's ever going to excel. I'd definitely rather have any of the other QBs in the AFCS. So it's tough to be all that bullish on the team when Brock makes more than all the others combined

JJ's career is more of a testament to sound team construction, as opposed to decent QB play imo.

It's the defensive version of the Colts. Question is, are BoB and Smith the Texans version of Chuck and Grig?

Team around him has never been great. A great QB will take you further and hide more flaws than 1 legendary defensive player.

MechDX

In all seriousness Borts numbers are exaggerated from garbage time stats. Terrible in the clutch.

Mariotta has to show me he isn't made of glass.

I like Luck but can the Colts keep him from killing himself ?

They all have issues. The kicker is I would trust O'Brien and Godsey to teach and train any of them compared to the other coaches in the division

Line_HTX

Watt's injuries were a major factor. Would I like to see better postseason dominance? Of course, but you gotta make the best out of all the injuries plus shitbags like Eric Fisher knocked him out of the game. Fuck the Chiefs, fucking nobodies with shit clock management.

Jerry Jones:
"I won’t talk about a specific team," Jones said during the team’s annual golf tournament at Cowboys Golf Club. "I will say that I think Las Vegas is one of the real crown jewels of communities in the United States. I think it’s very unique. It has a flair for entertainment.

"It has 2 million people, and they’re avid sports fans. They have a huge visiting contingency that more often than not are fans of some NFL pro football team. You add all that together, and it certainly is in a conversation about the future relative to the NFL."

Pepiope

Jerry Jones:
"I won’t talk about a specific team," Jones said during the team’s annual golf tournament at Cowboys Golf Club. "I will say that I think Las Vegas is one of the real crown jewels of communities in the United States. I think it’s very unique. It has a flair for entertainment.

"It has 2 million people, and they’re avid sports fans. They have a huge visiting contingency that more often than not are fans of some NFL pro football team. You add all that together, and it certainly is in a conversation about the future relative to the NFL."
He should move the cowboys there

Godslay

Banned
Watt's injuries were a major factor. Would I like to see better postseason dominance? Of course, but you gotta make the best out of all the injuries plus shitbags like Eric Fisher knocked him out of the game. Fuck the Chiefs, fucking nobodies with shit clock management.

Chiefs beat that Texans team, 9 probably 10 times out of 10.

Reason being, the Chiefs are a better constructed team. When Alex Smith and Andy Reid get out of their own way, they are usually pretty effective.

I guess it wasn't too much of a reach to see that the very first game of the season, when the Chiefs took a dump on them.

Rob Gronkowski is the best offensive player in the league

Yes.

Gronk is a Legend as well. Greatest TE of all time. Every young TE (man) wants to be the next Gronk.

Rings this decade:
Ravens 1
Eagles 0
Texans 0

<3

For Some reason I keep thinking you're a 9'ers fan. It makes me like you more, so I'll keep thinking it.

Top Bottom