• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
R&B is definitely where I turn into my parents. They were all like "I don't understand sad rock music or the hibbity hobbity." Back in my day, R&B singers made songs about having sex with their partner. Now, they're all crooning about how they fucked your girl and got money. It's about as sexy as trying to fuck to MOP.

Bread

Banned
I'm pretty sure "Yeah" went like, quadruple diamond. If you don't know that song at least, I don't have to cut you. You're already dead.
Do you know any Usher songs?
Yeah.
Oh cool which ones?
I know one, yeah.
Which one?

We're taking this on the road, WW! We're a modern day siskell and ebert!

Uhhh how about this young fella?

tony-romo.jpg

Even when Injured....Romo>>>>>>>>>>>Kirk

Honest question, what security needs of yours have been lost by the lack of a security system that your 3 dogs don't make up for?

So just a month ago there was a home invasion just a few blocks from my house where people broke in and killed the owner. Just recently at the liquor store closest to me 2 guys walked in and just shot and killed the kid behind the counter. Vegas is such a fucked up place to live since so many people just gamble away all their money and then have to do fucked up shit to live. So I dont think the 3 tiny little dogs that I have would do much of anything in the event that someone were to break in.

Yall sounding dusty as all fuck in here.

But being the child of a black man under the age of 50, I know every song/group you could ever name.

What did you think of Dimmu Brogir's latest album?

WanderingWind

Sojust a month ago there was a home invasion just a few blocks from my house where people broke in and killed the owner. Just recently at the liquor store closest to me 2 guys walked in and just shot and killed the kid behind the counter. Vegas is such a fucked up place to live since so many people just gamble away all their money and then have to do fucked up shit to live. So I dont think the 3 tiny little dogs that I have would do much of anything in the event that someone were to break in.

Yeah, it's real out there. What I'm trying to say though is check how effective security companies are. Spoiler: They've got the same problem as the cops, which is that when danger is seconds away, the cops are just minutes away from helping. Only now you're paying (BUT TAXES) for an illusion of safety. Short of investing into window bars and heavy duty doors/locks, nothing can actually stop a home invasion. That's why they're terrifying. Even a gun isn't much help, unless you walk around strapped up. At night, a dog can at least give you a warning to grab your weapon. A security company is best for stuff like burglaries or vandalism. They can't do shit against any of the actual scary crimes.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
yankee, have you considered Hawaii? They're always looking for teachers over there.

Pricey place to live though.

So just a month ago there was a home invasion just a few blocks from my house where people broke in and killed the owner. Just recently at the liquor store closest to me 2 guys walked in and just shot and killed the kid behind the counter. Vegas is such a fucked up place to live since so many people just gamble away all their money and then have to do fucked up shit to live. So I dont think the 3 tiny little dogs that I have would do much of anything in the event that someone were to break in.

What did you think of Dimmu Brogir's latest album?

Yeah, it's real out there. What I'm trying to say though is check how effective security companies are. Spoiler: They've got the same problem as the cops, which is that when danger is seconds away, the cops are just minutes away from helping. Only now you're paying (BUT TAXES) for an illusion of safety. Short of investing into window bars and heavy duty doors/locks, nothing can actually stop a home invasion. That's why they're terrifying. Even a gun isn't much help, unless you walk around strapped up. At night, a dog can at least give you a warning to grab your weapon. A security company is best for stuff like burglaries or vandalism. They can't do shit against any of the actual scary crimes.

Co-signing what WW said. A burglar alarm or security system won't help much if someone wants to break into your home. Your neighbours won't give a shit when it goes off and the cops won't get there quick enough if things go south.

The best option is to put security bars on the windows and beef up the doors/locks so burglars take a look and decide it would be easier to rob your neighbours instead.

As the son of 2 black parents, a black mom and black dad, I also know every musics.

In the pre-Facebook era of GAF, I would make a joke about your honorary black status over this post.

But I don't need someone's IRL friend thinking this mafucka is Stormfront over a joke taken out of context

SonnyBoy

Co-signing what WW said. A burglar alarm or security system won't help much if someone wants to break into your home. Your neighbours won't give a shit when it goes off and the cops won't get there quick enough if things go south.

The best option is to put security bars on the windows and beef up the doors/locks so burglars take a look and decide it would be easier to rob your neighbours instead.

It's funny you say that because... I've heard my neighbors smoke alarm go off and checked it out. He left a pot on the stove. Our homes are attached to one another. Yesterday, I seared a couple of steaks and my NEST protect wouldn't stfu. He was nowhere to be found. LOL

Additionally, an older lady owned my home before I moved in. She has the front and rear window's barred. I've considered taking them off because I'm tired of looking through them. However, I never follow through for the reasons you've described.

Fox318

"One of our interviewers noticed when you friended him on facebook that you liked something with "Blackstreet" on its website. We are going to have to pass on your application"

WanderingWind

God, it's great living in a place where I don't have to worry about that stuff any longer. It's crushing to have to actually care about crap like that.

yankee, have you considered Hawaii? They're always looking for teachers over there.

Pricey place to live though.

Yeah we had looked into it but my number one wish in life is for my children to know their family on my side. Already no one on my side of the family will come to Vegas, and we cant afford to go anywhere. If I went to Hawaii I would literally never see another family member again.

Antonio Brown said:
I don’t have a number, I just want to catch them all. That’s always my goal is to maximize every opportunity and every throw that’s coming my way. To be consistent, be a guy Ben [Roethlisberger] can trust, be a guy the team can rely on and just like the Ash Ketchum from the Pokémon, I just want to catch them all.

I like a Steeler

Aniwoohoo

What brought NFL-GAF back together after the Great Civil War of May 2016?

90s R&B

Disagree, this will be what destroys us. So far we've only heard from successful adult 30+ NFL GAF, so of course we agree that 90s RnB is superior. Just wait until Dutch, BG, and the other kids come in talking about Jeremih and Chris Brown. The kids have terrible taste in basically everything. Then we will split anew.

We need football news.

Top Bottom